Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

North Pointe Preparatory 4

Posted July 29, 2016
My kids love North Pointe, and I appreciate that it is a smaller school and they do not tolerate much in the way of discipline issues. I don't want to have to worry about my kids while they are at school. Most of the teachers are easy to reach and seem eager to teach. That is huge for me. Now, on to what bothers me. The teacher turnover is rather alarming and I keep seeing this US News and World report ranking being thrown around. I do not understand where they are getting their number because when I look at the report, they are listed as #21 in Arizona, which isn't a bad ranking, but why lie about it? Administration stinks, save for a few people. The front office girl is beyond rude, even when you are asking a very simple question. It is bizarre. The principal is odd. He barely speaks to you and when he does it is usually condescending but we avoid him anyway. Better to be anonymous with him. Bottom line, if you have motivated kids who want to learn and enjoy school without bullying from their peers and worrying what they are being exposed to, this is a great school for that. Talk to your kids teachers first with any issues, most of them really do care and will try to help you. Avoid the administration as much as you can and you should be fine.

Posted June 17, 2016
Ironically, in sharp contrast to the apparent North Pointe graduate post of June 9, 2016 that contains clear and obvious factual inaccuracies to anyone who actually is a part of the North Pointe family, North Pointe welcomed to their staff this week a 2012 North Pointe alumni and 2016 ASU graduate who will be a Teacher in the Special Education department. Throughout the years, angry parents (whose child was disciplined for unacceptable behavior) have used this site to post false comments claiming to be students and even former teachers. The best way to decide about a school is not reading anonymous posts on this site (including this post), visit the school and talk to the administration.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 09, 2016
Jeremy Stephenson. One of the only high quality people at the school. He is an incredible example of genuine care and support.

North Pointe Preparatory 2

Posted June 09, 2016
I attended North Pointe from 7th to 12th grade, while I enjoyed the school as a student it wasn't until recently as a sophomore in college that I began to realize how negative the experience was. If you want your kids to get easy A's, party and learn how to take the easiest route in life then by all means send them here. If you want your kids to learn how to actually earn a good grade and work hard I would advise you send them somewhere else. College was a reality shock and although my class had a high graduation rate I am genuinely curious as to how many of those kids made it through their first year of college without quitting. I also agree with the substitute situation. Many of my classes went through at LEAST two different teachers/long term substitutes. You can claim that this was due to sickness all you want but their were multiple occasions where we would show up to class one morning and everything would be gone with no explanation. When pressed for an answer the principal would claim that the teacher had "abandoned" us. If you value your child's education, go somewhere else.

Posted June 07, 2016
Reading through many of the posts, it seems parents either love or hate North Pointe. Doesn't seem to be very many in between and obviously the comments are very subjective based upon their experiences. What isn't subjective is, the US News & World Report 2016 rankings where North Pointe is ranked #1 in the Northwest Valley (Phoenix, Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, Anthem) among all district and charter schools and is listed as one of the best high schools in America. Among all district and charter school in Phoenix, North Pointe is ranked #3. You may not like the school, but making up things to support your conclusions just doesn't work when your going against what objective experts say is one of the best schools in Phoenix!

Posted May 27, 2016
My daughter loves this school and she loves her teachers! I've only called the principal once and he called me back within an hour (and was quite pleasant). Some of these "parents" sound like they're just making stuff up. There is no way a kid at North Pointe had substitutes in "most of" her classes for the "major part of the year." I don't blame the school for having a substitute when a teacher has a baby or is fighting cancer. I wouldn't send my daughter anywhere else! Great school!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 05, 2016
I will say this school has an awesome no bullying policy. My daughter has had no issues and states she does not see that happening at her school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 05, 2016
My daughter has had substitute teachers for most of the year in several classes. The principle will not return calls or emails. As a student my daughter has voiced concern that she did not feel she was learning.

North Pointe Preparatory 1

Posted May 05, 2016
My daughter attends this school. Most of her classes have substitutes for the major part of the school year. My daughter has told me She doesn't feel like she's learning in a couple of her classes. I emailed the principle and called the principle to ask what was going on and the plans regarding the teachers and NEVER received a response. They seem to care very little about the students learning. My daughter and I were at home ill. The next day she went to school and made up the test but was told it would not count towards her overall grade. I called the school and advised I was too sick as the reason, and the front office lady seemed thrilled to advise me the absence would remain UNEXCUSED because they require same day notification. I will NOT be sending my daughter there next year.

North Pointe Preparatory 1

Posted January 19, 2016
We enrolled our children thinking this was a good school but don't be fooled by the tours they give you and the friendliness. It's a terrible school!! Our boys hated the school and the fact that the school changed and fired teachers every week. There are no stable teachers there. They give kids tutoring but they don't help them at all! I withdrew my kids from there and have been waiting on transcripts for almost a month!! Their so-called system has been "down" the whole time!! This is a terrible school!!

10215 North 43rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85051
Last modified North Pointe Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.