Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As a parent, I have seen that the administration could care less about actually helping the students or meeting with parents when we have issues. Our child was accused of something from another student that has been harassing our child and friends since the beginning of the school year. Even though it had been reported several times, nothing was done to this student. When our child and friend was accused of an unbelievable story from the same student that had been harassing them, at our first meeting they informed us that they would investigate and then informed us that they PAY students to tell on other students!! I don't know what they expect when they actually PAY Junior High Students to tell on other students? Sounds to me like a perfect opportunity for kids to make things up to get extra cash in their pockets! The Administration in this school is horrendous!! They won't take appointments even if you request one. The Secretary is rude and blows you off as much as the Principle does. I would not recommend this school until they change out the administration to ones who actually care about the students and are willing to talk to parents when there are concerns! Right now they refuse to transfer you to voice mail unless they are expecting your call. I've never seen such a disrespectful uncaring administration in any school that we've ever had our children in!!

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

DOESN'T CHALLENGE STUDENTS THAT ARE ABOVE AVERAGE

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

They could care less about the students and parent concerns and trying to get a meeting with them.. well you'd be better getting a meeting with the Governor!!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Paying students to tell on other students for cash teaches them deceit, and greed!!! The administration doesn't have compassion or respect. Children learn character by adults around them

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Studying at home is important so that when children go to College they don't get overwhelmed when having to study and haven't learned that in junior high and high school. My child is bored in honors classes. There doesn't seem to be the interest in challenging the students

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

never seen our child have homework sent home.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The schools only response to anything is suspension or expulsion whether your kid actually did it or not.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The only leadership at this school is by a tyrant (Gow) with huge ego and narcsisitic to the point that even Freud himself would be astounded. A.J. the couselor will treat you like you are dumbest s.o.b. on the planet. They use the resource officers like their own personal Gestapo and the jackbooted thugs come literally at the snap of Gow's finger.

This school is horrible and is ran by a man that has no tolerance for kids. He rather suspend kids and remove them from class than help them, counsel them, and teach them if they make a small mistake. Suspension is the ONLY form of dicipline. There are no warnings. My son has always been the quiet kid who never got in trouble until now. If you want your child to grow in their confidence and be all they can possibly be I would not send them to this school where they make up their own rules, consequences and do not follow any standards. Not to mention my kids have hardly had any homework and I have never seen so much teacher turnover in one year! My child's "honor" classes Have not been challenging and both of their study habits have declined due to lack of homework. They make the school look good with all the activities but there are silly rules with that as well. They had the Phoenix police that work for the principal search my daughters belongings with parental knowledge looking for someone else's Iphone, which they eventually found somewhere else.. no apology or comment to us as parents regarding the incident either. They also limit the activities and put restrictions on doing art and sports. You cannot do both st the same time. Where as most schools encourage as much student involvement and work together as coaches/teachers. Lastly, they do not encourage parental involvement within the school. The principal wants it all done his way there is no reasoning, or talking to him. Also he is Very insensitive and has terrible people skills. I would strongly advise anyone looking into this school to look elsewhere.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT send your kids to this school. Communication is terrible, my child is in honors and doesn't even feel challenged, they NEVER have homework, if you want to talk to someone there forget it. They won't even put you through to voicemails unless you are someone they were expecting a call from. I don't even know how they function as a school. I am only holding out until the end of the year and then my kid is going to public school. This has to be one of the worst charter schools in Phoenix. It is a joke. I can't think of any other way to describe it. On top of that everything is a party to them. I get that kids should have fun, but give me a break. If every senior here gets some kind of award aka "participation" trophy, they are only adding fuel to the fire of a horrible epidemic in our society now of younger generations and their sense of entitlement. It is a disgrace.

Last modified North Pointe Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.