Posted October 31, 2014
The October 8, 2014 post that says, "This school post great grades for the students but ask them why 20% of the seniors graduate" is just one more reason why sites like Great Schools can not be trusted. North Pointe actually has one of the highest graduation rates in the state among all public high schools. Utilize the Dept. of Education's website regrading statistics about North Pointe, not a site that promotes inaccurate information.

Posted October 08, 2014
This school post great grades for the students but ask them why 20% of the seniors graduate.

North Pointe Preparatory 4

Posted October 02, 2014
This is our second year. Some things we have seen: 1. The principal has zero tolerance. We appreciate that! We have seen kids that bullied other kids get suspended. Parents that just walk in the school with out authorization being asked to leave campus and get upset and yell when the staff is just trying to keep kids safe. Mr. Gow enforces the rules; keeps the kids safe and makes them accountable for their actions. 2. Some teachers do not know how to teach and that is why they get rid of them. Last year we had a Math teacher that played videos for every lesson, kids would fall sleep in his class, thankfully he's gone this year. 3. Most of the junior high teachers are wonderful. Can't wait to meet the High School faculty! This school is not for everyone, I recommend that you take the tour with the principal, consider what North Pointe has to offer and think about your child needs and personality. Not every child will be a good fit for North Pointe. Also consider yourself as a parent in the decision, Mr. Gow would not be holding your hand. If you chose North Pointe and didn't like it don't blame Mr. Gow, blame yourself for making the wrong choice for you and your child!

Posted September 27, 2014
It is interesting that holding students and teachers accountable to clearly communicated Student Handbook and Employee Handbook polices are characterized as 'bullying' by those who can anonymously post anything on Great Schools - regardless of how factually inept the accusation are. I am very grateful that my child attends a school where disruptive students and ineffective teachers are held accountable. The standards are high at North Pointe for both students and teachers. This type of culture is not for everyone - but it is for our family.

Posted September 12, 2014
This school claims it is one of the most "acclaimed charter schools in the state". If this is the case, then why is teacher turnover so high? Why are basic supplies, such as textbooks and desks, in such poor shape? Why does the principal of this school also serve as the districts superintendent, making him a dictator that bullies everyone? This school makes many claims, and looks good from the outside, but those who have previously worked there will tell a much different story.

Posted September 10, 2014
Beware of this school and the clever front it puts up...the principal is unprofessional and verbally abusive, and nothing is done against him because he is also the assistant superintendent of the district. If you want a quality education for your children, don't send them here. If you want a professional working environment, don't teach here.

Posted September 10, 2014
I would encourage all parents and students whom have been bullied by this principal and administration to contact the AZ dept of Education, US. dept of Education. There are laws to protect students and families from Bullying.

Posted January 20, 2014
As a teacher at North Pointe Prep, I can honestly say that I look forward to going to work every day. Our students are the best: hard-working, fun-loving teenagers who love being at school. Our administration backs teachers by swiftly removing any disciplinary problems and providing us with the tools we need to do our jobs. This, in turn, lets us focus on the task at hand: inspiring our students to do great things. It is a joy to work at such a progressive educational institution.

Posted January 16, 2014
As a teacher at North Pointe I have had many positive experiences with fellow staff members, faculty, students, and administration. I am proud to call North Pointe my family. They represent what is good about education. The administration has a vision of excellence that in most schools would be unattainable, but here at The Prep, that is not the case. This vision drives our students and employees to devote themselves to the success of the school, academically, through the arts, in athletics, and the nationally acclaimed activities. The commitment required to be part of this family sets the standards above the competition. The school creates leaders and promotes personal growth in students and employees. It is a great place to call my school and when I talk about it to others I frequently refer to it being THE BEST!

Posted January 15, 2014
North Pointe Preparatory I am a teacher at North Pointe. I have taught at several public schools and wanted to quit every week because the lack of support from administration. This is not the case at North Pointe. I look forward to coming to work and working with the students at NPP. I believe everything our administrators, faculty, and staff does is for the betterment of our students and their education. I have worked at North Pointe Prep for several years. I am proud and happy to be working here. Sincerely, North Pointe Teacher

North Pointe Preparatory
10215 N. 43rd Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85051
Last modified North Pointe Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Pointe Preparatory Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 167 reviews. Top