Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
After care: No

James Sandoval Preparatory High School 1

Posted September 24, 2013
Please do not send your child to this school! Ask questions if you are considering it as to who is in administration (many are related) and the turnover of teachers. They are simply collecting a paycheck and DO NOT care about educating!

James Sandoval Preparatory High School 1

Posted April 17, 2013
this school literally sucks. they fired over half of the teachers this semester- most of them were good teachers, and they renewed the contracts of teachers that were terrible at their jobs. this school doesn't want to actually teach you so you learn- they just want you to pass tests so they look good.

Posted November 30, 2009
i love this school they teach really well they focus on every student!

James Sandoval Preparatory High School 4

Posted January 04, 2009
I believe this school has some very poor qualities to it. I mean the food is the closes thing that I know of to disgusting, this school holds some dark secrets to how it runs, there is problems from within its systems, and it doesn't fulfill its duties that most public schools provide. For example prom and the year book. There is just so much that I can write that would express unsatisfying feelings towards this particular school. But, I wouldn't want to be in any other school. For everything this school lacks, it makes up for in its staff and faculty. The teachers are there for you, the counselor is amazing, and in all my four years I was there, I not only learned my basic courses but i also learned some outstanding life lessons that were giving by the teachers and people I met there. I'm a better person.

James Sandoval Preparatory High School 2

Posted July 18, 2006
At one point in time this school was decent. For the past two years the school looks like it has been floundering and it is a place to push kids through without any real accountablity. Hopefull it will continue but under the present conditions this is doubtful.

Posted April 04, 2003
This is a very excellent school. They prepare the students for the future and teachers care a lot for the students. The James Sandoval Prep has two goals to take care of the student academically and to take care of the student. It is a great environment where all the students and teachers including staff knows each other.

Posted March 27, 2003
I pulled my granddaughter out of another charter high school because she was failing everything. After 9 weeks at James Sandaval School she her grades went up from four F's to Two A's and two B's. She enjoys her teachers and speaks positively about them. There Pricipal has exhibited great vision for this school. I am so happy we made the change. I am so excited about the classes that are offerd. I expect that this school will burst its seams soon and will be forced to move o a much larger facility. I have gone throung this expantion with Challange charter elementory school with my grandchildren. They also started out in a church and also had great vision and now have a very modern facility. I see this happening to the James Sandoval High school. They are above the norm. I rate them as being far superior to the other charter high schools I checked out before choosing them. I just can't say enough good about this school.

James Sandoval Preparatory High School
4802 N. 59th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85033
Last modified James Sandoval Preparatory High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Sandoval Preparatory High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top