Sheely Farms Elementary School

Public | K-8 & ungraded

Posted July 1, 2014

Sheely Farms is a great school. The principals and teachers work so hard and their dedication is impressive! It makes me sad to see all of the negative comments on here because that is not representative of the school as a whole, just a very small portion. The office staff is friendly and the teachers are always willing to help my children in any way possible. Ms. Marze and Mrs. Sehr are everywhere, they are friendly and always put students first.

Posted March 28, 2014

Sheely Farms is a great school my kids have been there for five years, and the teachers and principles go above and beyond with the children. I know I can contact them anytime for anything and I know they have my childrens best interest at heart. I have never had an issue with the school I think it's great and so do my children.

Posted December 10, 2013

Just had an hour long talk with my child and she has opened up and told me some bad thing bout this school.she is un the 8th grade. She has told me things that I would never guess about this school....this school sucks and I am taking her out.kids talk back to the teachers, walk out of class, they don't have any teachers that care.

Posted October 24, 2013

This school was very disappointing. The students and teachers care little about education. There are very few students and teachers who actually care. My kindergartener had 3 different teachers, all of which were not very good teachers. His lunchbox was stolen 3 times. The first one was stolen twice and couldn't be found. The second one I bought him was stolen once but then recovered. The teachers can not control the students effectively making a poor environment for learning. Many students speak profanity at length and use these words like normal every day words. These words are graffitied all around the school. All the parents who have said the school is so great are not very involved in what actually happens at the school. Not highly recommended. The tolleson elementary school district is about the same. I had to move my children to the avondale district where they can learn and the environment is much better.

Posted September 19, 2013

This school is great! I love the principals, they love our kids. The principals are always there and talk to everyone. They know all the kids by name. This school has gotten so much better with Ms. Mars.

Posted July 22, 2013

The worst school I have ever encountered. Profanities where scribbled all over the bathroom walls, the school couldn't be bothered to take them off. The school is overcrowded, and under funded. My child was sent home with only MACRO and spelling words due once a week. 2nd graders are not taught multiplication tables. Last public school my child will attend.

Posted February 6, 2013

Sheely Farms is a Great school it offers many academics it really changed students lives sheely farms welcomes everyone to this school it really has improved.

Posted August 3, 2011

I'm so pleased that Sheely Farms is now starting to show strides toward progress. Moving from a 3 star rating to a 5 star is a step in the right direction. I have high hopes for the upcoming school year. We aren't out of the mess yet though. We parents and members of the Sheely Farms community need to be ever present and active in supporting the staff and students of our school. Education is a blessing and a privilege, not something to simply be indifferent about. Education empowers our children and provides them the tools to hopefully reach their dreams. We need to fight for our school and for our kids' education passionately. We need to get involved and provide the support that will enable this school and our children to reach their potential. As a community, we also must stand behind our teachers and principal who have chosen to devote their lives to enrich the lives of children, our children. On the school's end they do indeed need to work on communication, provide more challenging curriculum, possibly even implement better allocation of funds. All in, I believe we can be proud of our school in time if we truly take a stand and support public education in our neighborhood.

Posted September 1, 2009

We are so impress with the education couldn't ask for anything more.

Posted November 17, 2008

this is has been wonderful for my children. They have been very patient and helpful with one of my children that needed special attention. They have treated everyone of my children with respect and they have always took the time needed for the education on my kids.

Posted December 2, 2007

I have a special needs third grader that we discovered has high fuctioning autism. We moved out here from Colorado with high hopes of recieving the help my son needs to succeed in school. I thought that Sheely Farms would help me despite the other reviews from parents I met in my community. Sheely Farms and the district did not help my special needs son nor did they pretend to care about helping my son. I would not recommend this school to anyone that cares about their children's education. I pulled my children out of there. What a disappointment and a waste of valuable time.

Posted November 1, 2007

i have been going to this school for the past 5 years and think this school is fun neat.we have pe art muisc band and lots more of cool things this school has inproved alot a
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 5, 2007

The safety & welfare of my son is priority number 1 -this school truly concerns me on this level. The school is overcrowded and understaffed. The school needs an overhaul. Someone please help!

Posted June 14, 2007

I am trying desperately to get my daughter out of this school! Aside from the lack of teachers to accommodate the school, The school is overcrowded. Discipline at this school is lacking as well and makes it hard for teachers to run their classes effectively. Extracurricular activities are at a low yet fund raisers go on consistently so we have no idea where the money went. Do not even consider this school until it shapes up!

Posted July 23, 2006

2005-06 was my sons second year at Sheely Farms. His first year was horrible, he has 3 different teachers in 1st grade.He is still in private tutoring trying to make up for his 1st grade year. Last year was much better. He had a terrific teacher and the Admin did a good job. Hopefully the class sizes will go down this year.

Posted March 10, 2006

I believe a lot has changed this year with Sheely, the new leadership has brought a new enthusiasm amongst the teachers, students and some parents. I firmly believe in what Ms. Simmons is trying to instill in these children and will back her up 100%. I am saddened by the fact that so many parents would be upset that their children are expected to be safe, responsible, respectful and available to learn. I do not believe that our school has any problems with staff or education, I believe our problem is the parents. We have very little parent involvement and way too many students either tardy or not showing up. Just where are all the parents? Thank you Sheely for showing that we can improve.

Posted January 12, 2006

Our experiences at Sheely Farms have been mixed. It's really been hit and miss - depending on which teacher our children have had. We've had many communication problems this year. One of the teachers of our child sent home and F on his report card, but never called or sent home a note during the entire quarter to let us know that he was falling behind! That is a huge oversight in my book. We scheduled to meet with her and she did not accept any responsibility for his grade. She simply said that she had too many students to be able to take the time to send a note home when his work was not completed. I was appalled! On the other hand, our other child was also struggling and his teacher called us to set up a conference and had a plan to put him back on track.

Posted December 6, 2005

I have two children who attend Sheely Farms and they both have excellent teachers who care a great deal and use a variety of teaching methods to reach each child!

Posted October 30, 2005

So far my experience with Sheely Farms has been a pleasant one. I have a child in Kindergarten and have seen great progress since the school year began last August. I have visited her classroom a number a times and was pleased to see the children busy working. Since the school adopted new leadership, I have seen great changes and positive a uplifting spirit within the staff that reflects onto the students in the school.

Posted October 27, 2005

Sheely Farms had made great strides this year.
—Submitted by a teacher

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

76 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

88 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

74 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 78%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (623) 907-5271

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now