Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are always right there for you and typically gets back to you the same day, try that in a Brick and Mortar school.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I choose to add homework if I want extra study beyond what was given in class...

We have been using AZVA for over 9 years and we Love the school, sure there are bumps here and there but NOT any more than any your typical Block and Mortar. We have used AZVA, Connections Academy and of course our local Block and Mortar, out of the three we like AZVA the best by far... But we all have our own experiences, so with that being said I have gave our great AZVA 4 stars out of 5. I gave only 4 stars just incase there ever is a better school that pops up or if the other schools I listed improve.

Enrollment paperwork gets messed up usually, so you don't know if your kid will start the first day of school. Subject matter is harder than a brick n mortar school. High school is ridiculous. Help is scarce. No one helps you prepare for college like they say they will. One teacher was a constant burden. I pulled my kids to try another online in Chandler. They won't release my kid's report cards. There withdrawal papers are signed by both parties. We have to wait another two weeks. That's that the Principal doing this. Just showing how they care about the kids. None of the teachers wished my kids good luck. They were good kids. Don't waste your time on AZVA!

Did an immense amount of assignments , online course work, work samples, etc. while enrolled with AZVA and always felt like we were needing to do more to 'keep pace'. When we first started with AZVA it went ok but as we continued with the school our kids grades started to drop and frustration increased. As we spoke with other parents enrolled with AZVA they also felt like it was constant in regards to 'keeping up' with the assignments. Like there was never a moment to not think about AZVA. A few teachers were nice but it wasn't unusual for the kids to have a teacher leave and then start with another one during the course of the year. We have a homeschool group that we get together with and we are the only ones enrolled in AZVA and everyone else in that group enjoys their other school programs and curriculums they use, but I've never been able to say to them that I really like AZVA. We will not be re-enrolling in AZVA for the next school year.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Awesome school. Tried other online, and brick & mortar schools. I have three children. K12 has far surpassed any other school. My special needs daughter finally got help with k12, and is excelling passed her sisters, and classmates. From ieps, to advanced, and between my children have always had the best support, and more. Hands down no other school compares. I am sorry for these parents t hat say they had no support. K12 by far goes above and beyond so I am not sure what these parents are talking about. Myself, and fellow parents have been with K12 for years without complaint. This is not a school for everyone.

We have been with AZVA from 1st grade and now the girls are in 11th grade. I am the Learning Coach and mom and dad are both brick and mortar teachers. We chose AZVA for its rich curriculum, the online classes and ability to interact with teachers. The girls have excelled due to the excellent curriculum, the ability to adapt to each girl's needs and the support of caring teachers and administrators. We are very supportive of this school. Yes, we have had a few issues, but they have been dealt with in a positive and supportive manner. The teachers and administrators really care about each student. One of the girls, I believe, is strong in math only because of this "home school" program. She struggled with the basics and only because I could teach and reteach using different methods until she understood is she the A student she is today. She has those basics down! That would never have happened in a regular school environment. The girls have made many friends through online sessions and school activities. When given an option before 9th grade, they chose to stay at AZVA. We love AZVA and look forward to the next 2 years knowing we will be fully prepared for college!

We had calls, in the first few weeks last year, inquiring how things were going; however, as soon as we figured out what our issues were, there was NO support. If you have a child with special needs, or a child that is working above grade level (we have both), forget it. No one was able to help us with strategies for our child with special needs, and it is a common diagnosis. They didn't seem concerned at all. He learned NOTHING in two of his subjects the entire year. We were told, prior to enrolling, our other child could work ahead so as not to get bored working two grade levels behind his ability. What they actually meant was he could skip every few lessons, but he still had to complete a certain amount of those lessons/week. He wasn't able to get to his grade-level ability the entire year because of this requirement. Now I'm attempting to speak with administration about these issues before I decide whether to enroll them this year. I just get tossed from one voicemail to another with no return calls. It has been weeks, and no one has returned one call. AZVA is convenient and free but if you have a different learner, the convenience will come at great cost to your child.

My son attended AZVA in 4th grade. It was very intensive and alot of work, but when he went back to a brick and mortar class, he was so far ahead they had to bump him up a grade. I'm tired of his current schools attitude. The learning is a joke and they treat parents like the enemy if they hold the school accountable for anything. We are going back to AZVA next year. I'd rather worry about the curriculum being too tough than worry that he's getting a second rate education.

We have had 3 children attend AZVA, and it has been a lifesaver. It lets us run our own schedule, our businesses from home and still be completely involved with what is going on with our children. We had our youngest start school with AZVA and he is now going into 3rd grade. He has a 6th grade reading level, and is doing much better than I believe he would in a regular school. We have had 2 kids graduate through AZVA and I believe that they were able to focus more and do actual school compared to their brick and mortar schools they attended before. Love AZVA, love the support, the teachers, flexibility, and we absolutely recommend this school. They supply everything, even computers. Great way to "homeschool" with the support of real people and teachers.

Last modified Arizona Virtual Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.