Posted August 04, 2015
Amazing school! Only 18 children in the class and the teachers are wonderful, they really care about my kids. I love Summit School of Ahwatukee.

Posted July 08, 2015
very average school for academics. My child attended the school for 2 years and I took him out as the schoolwork was not challenging for him. Most of the children here come from affluent families and they don't really care about academics. Some of the parents have attitude problem too. I am glad I took my child out of the school and saved the money for college.

Posted February 17, 2015
I've been with the school for 4 years. The school was great because the teachers care about each and every individual child and the community was tight knit. However over the last 2 years I have seen a significant decline. There is no leadership. Head of School does not regularly address the school community on various updates, issues and school curriculum, community events have pretty much disappeared and teachers are just maintaining. No one is sure of what the immediate future for the school holds and many are pondering where to go next. Hopefully a good group of people can hire a new head of school and be active on the board level to get this school out of it's decline.

Posted February 14, 2015
We have been at Summit for over 6 years now and really appreciate the individual attention our child receives. The small class sizes allows for individualized instruction, not only because teachers can pay attention to each student's learning but also they can look at the whole person and tailor teaching accordingly. Practically all teachers know all students--not just in terms of their academic characteristics in their classes but what kind of persons they are in and out of their classes. Our child trusts adults because teachers trust her and convinced her that they can be trusted--which makes parenting easier.

Posted February 10, 2015
I have been at Summit now for over a year after Rancho Solano in Gilbert closed last year. I toured charter schools, public schools and private schools for any school that would be similar since my kids loved it at Rancho. I'm so happy to have found Summit, it has a family feel to it and everyone is so friendly and helpful. While it is expensive I think it's important to give my kids a good foundation and love of learning if they are to excel in High school and graduate school. My kids love going to school every day and the teachers make learning fun. My kids love it better than Rancho and we will stay all the way until Eighth grade. My daughter is reading at three grade levels above and her math is a grade level above. I feel there is a great balance between academics and art, music and Spanish. Many of my friends think I'm foolish for spending money on a private school when we have so many great schools in Arizona, but we only have 18 kids in every class with 2 classes per grade level and they get so much more attention and one on one time from the teacher. I think that is priceless.

Posted November 10, 2014
I have been sending my 3 children here for years with our youngest currently in PK. The PTO is ok. They lack accountability which has been going on for years. At Summit all parents are forced to pay dues for each child for the PTO. However funds are not spent for the preK and the younger K-4 students. Leadership can t make decisions and doesn't communicate them when made. This inability is because of the Country Club feeling that some parents report. It is true that prominent parents HEAVILY influence the decision making of the principal. The Administration also doesn't care about PK. The Pre-school is amazing and the teachers are doing wonderful things with those kiddos. The pre-school class rooms need an updating and Maintenance items are slowly taken care of. It s annoying because the school fund-raises constantly. People don t complain much because kids are only there for a year or so and then move on. But because I have now had my 3rd child going through PK I clearly see the lack of enthusiasm for this part of the school by the front-office. I do expect the leaders of the school to be the best of all the other school options.

Posted September 15, 2014
Our three children are all new to Summit this year, and all are doing really well. Our children and my wife and I love their teachers. We are also very impressed with the academic challenges that the school provides and the way that it is presented to the children. All three truly enjoy school and look forward to the upcoming events this year. We couldn't be happier with the school and are so grateful that we have become a part of the Summit family.

Posted September 05, 2014
This school has amazing academics which is why we switched our daughters from another private school to this one and there are no regrets! Both our daughters like math and our graduate daughter is now excelling in math at her high school and is two years ahead of most of her peers! The school could improve once people realize the value and enroll their children. It is a sacrifice to pay the tuition but well worth it!

Summit School of Ahwatukee 1

Posted August 18, 2014
Summit is all hype.The curriculum is no different tan the public school system.Discipline at the school is poor at best.This school is not worth the money.There are charter schools in the area the will prepare your child for the future than this school.Try Basis,much better,much cheaper.Save your money.

Posted July 18, 2014
Summit School of Ahwatukee is incredible! We wanted our son at a NAEYC accredited preschool, and on our tour learned about the amazing toddler discoveries program, which we happily joined! When enrolling in preschool there was no question it would be Summit. We adored the teacher leading his toddler class and were thrilled to know that our son would thrive with her in preschool. After falling in love with Summit s preschool we could not help but fall in love with the entire school, which continues through 8th grade. We made the decision to move our elementary age daughter to Summit & are so happy we did. The teachers & students have been warm and welcoming. Teachers are well-educated, nurturing, caring individuals. You can tell they are genuinely happy every day to be educating our children. The curriculum is fantastic and everything is so hands-on, which our children love, and they are truly thriving. The most impressive and satisfying part of having our children at Summit is that, yes, the teachers are educating their minds but that teachers also want these children to grow to be amazing and well-rounded people; from everything our family has experienced they are doing just that!

Summit School of Ahwatukee
4515 E. Muirwood Dr., Phoenix, AZ  85048
Last modified Summit School of Ahwatukee is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Summit School of Ahwatukee Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 88 reviews. Top