Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Summit School of Ahwatukee 3

Posted November 10, 2014
I have been sending my 3 children here for years with our youngest currently in PK. The PTO is ok. They lack accountability which has been going on for years. At Summit all parents are forced to pay dues for each child for the PTO. However funds are not spent for the preK and the younger K-4 students. Leadership can t make decisions and doesn't communicate them when made. This inability is because of the Country Club feeling that some parents report. It is true that prominent parents HEAVILY influence the decision making of the principal. The Administration also doesn't care about PK. The Pre-school is amazing and the teachers are doing wonderful things with those kiddos. The pre-school class rooms need an updating and Maintenance items are slowly taken care of. It s annoying because the school fund-raises constantly. People don t complain much because kids are only there for a year or so and then move on. But because I have now had my 3rd child going through PK I clearly see the lack of enthusiasm for this part of the school by the front-office. I do expect the leaders of the school to be the best of all the other school options.

Posted September 15, 2014
Our three children are all new to Summit this year, and all are doing really well. Our children and my wife and I love their teachers. We are also very impressed with the academic challenges that the school provides and the way that it is presented to the children. All three truly enjoy school and look forward to the upcoming events this year. We couldn't be happier with the school and are so grateful that we have become a part of the Summit family.

Posted September 05, 2014
This school has amazing academics which is why we switched our daughters from another private school to this one and there are no regrets! Both our daughters like math and our graduate daughter is now excelling in math at her high school and is two years ahead of most of her peers! The school could improve once people realize the value and enroll their children. It is a sacrifice to pay the tuition but well worth it!

Summit School of Ahwatukee 1

Posted August 18, 2014
Summit is all hype.The curriculum is no different tan the public school system.Discipline at the school is poor at best.This school is not worth the money.There are charter schools in the area the will prepare your child for the future than this school.Try Basis,much better,much cheaper.Save your money.

Posted July 18, 2014
Summit School of Ahwatukee is incredible! We wanted our son at a NAEYC accredited preschool, and on our tour learned about the amazing toddler discoveries program, which we happily joined! When enrolling in preschool there was no question it would be Summit. We adored the teacher leading his toddler class and were thrilled to know that our son would thrive with her in preschool. After falling in love with Summit s preschool we could not help but fall in love with the entire school, which continues through 8th grade. We made the decision to move our elementary age daughter to Summit & are so happy we did. The teachers & students have been warm and welcoming. Teachers are well-educated, nurturing, caring individuals. You can tell they are genuinely happy every day to be educating our children. The curriculum is fantastic and everything is so hands-on, which our children love, and they are truly thriving. The most impressive and satisfying part of having our children at Summit is that, yes, the teachers are educating their minds but that teachers also want these children to grow to be amazing and well-rounded people; from everything our family has experienced they are doing just that!

Summit School of Ahwatukee 2

Posted June 17, 2014
The best way to describe Summit is "Country Club". You pay an annual fee (tuition) to be apart of the club. I was caught up in the hype of "excelling private school" when I enrolled my child. However, we quickly realized the bulk of our tuition was for "prettifying" classrooms and marketing. The school administration has a profound lack of leadership and integrity. Prominent parents heavily influence decision making, resulting in inequity of education, punishment distribution and over all student experience. Bullying is a major issue at Summit because of this. I agree this schools is not for gifted kids. The academics are only average despite small classes. In fact, it may be a good option for kids who are developmentally challenged, have sensory issues, learning disorders etc. because they will not be labeled by staff and class sizes are small. It is true that the school has a great art and music program also. However, you can send your child to a high performing public or charter school and supplement their education with music and art outside of school for considerably less than the tuition. Ultimately, Summit's academics and school culture were disappointing.

Posted June 04, 2014
Summit School of Ahwatukee's Academic level is excellent. We witnessed that when we had to move out of state and our kid had to apply for an admission test done by a third party. I always like the fact that the school is relatively small and there is a strong feeling of community, with the parents heavily involved on their kids education.

Summit School of Ahwatukee 2

Posted June 01, 2014
I was so glad to get my kids out of this school. Kyrene School District puts this puny non-balanced school to shame. Kyrene has so much more to offer and so many beautiful children that are a real world mix. Many of the teachers are just puppets without the "real" experience. They have Summit experience and that doesn't fly. Summit is set up for those who have money and think they are getting their $$ worth... nope.

Posted May 09, 2014
We are so pleased that all three of our boys benefit from the high quality education that Summit offers. The academic and social growth in our sons has been astounding and there is no doubt in our minds that it is due to the amazing Summit team and the exceptional program at Summit School of Ahwatukee. As educators, my wife and I appreciate the value of an individualized, child-centered education and we are so fortunate to have found such a program at Summit School of Ahwatukee. We look forward to another great year.

Posted February 21, 2014
Great School! My kids are learning so much and come home happy every day. They have a love of learning again.

Summit School of Ahwatukee
4515 E. Muirwood Dr., Phoenix, AZ  85048
Last modified Summit School of Ahwatukee is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Summit School of Ahwatukee Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. Top