Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
After care: No

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

This school not only has fantastic perfroming arts but also academics. This year both the middle and high school received A grades
July 17, 2012

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 1

Posted August 06, 2015
Withdrew from the school the minute we could. Transferred from one school to this sorry excuse for a charter and was sorely disappointed. They were going to make me retake classes (putting me a year behind) that I already took. Didn't get into most of the classes I wanted- which was the whole reason we applied. Substitutes were filling in for 4 teachers and nobody knew what they were doing. Administration will make you wait for hours just to talk for 5 mins. Administration is snippy and unfriendly. Every class had a fee and students have to provide practically everything and the teachers blamed it on a low budget. The only teachers that were any good were the musical theatre teacher and ballet teacher. I do not recommend this school to ANYONE. If you want to be angry 99% of the time, pay fees at any chance they can get, and learn absolutely nothing then this is the school for you.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 06, 2015
Only two teachers- ballet and musical theatre that have even a little bit of knowledge of what they are doing.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 06, 2015
Homework on first day of school. It was a test not finished in class, which is preposterous that they would require to do it at home- but they did.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 06, 2015
The school never revealed that every class will have expensive fees. The first week of school is a waste of time for students and administration has no idea what they are doing.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 28, 2015
There was only one teacher that my kids had that was worthwhile. He was great...but he didn't make up for all the other deficiencies at this school.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 28, 2015
They use homework to compensate for the lack of teaching....my 2nd grader was inundated with homework (1-2 hours a night).

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 28, 2015
Students here are income for this profit-based school. Everything is rinky dink....done as cheaply as possible. They outsource the lunch to a local caterer and it's so bad my kids never wanted to eat it.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 28, 2015
My high schooler had a foreign language class. The teacher KNEW that other students would cheat off my son. It became a joke in class to the point where the teacher would make my son sit up front by him so that nobody else could see his paper. But there was never ANY punishment for the cheating students. A JOKE!

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 1

Posted June 28, 2015
I had three children in this school, and I've pulled them all out. My eldest was never academically challenged. There would be huge gaps of time when he would just be sitting idle with no work to complete, and the teachers and administration knew of it and did nothing. When he did have classes, he was always bored, with no change for anything to challenge him. My middle child struggled with the work, but was not given enough help. They offer special tutoring classes during the day and on Fridays-but no actual help is given there. They just give the child extra assignments to complete, but if the child doesn't UNDERSTAND the material, giving them extra work won't be helpful. Nobody stepped up to try to help him understand what he needed to be learning. Worst of all was the elementary. The teacher my daughter had was absolutely awful. She was very negative in every interaction my child had with her. She graded very harshly (miss one homework question and your score is 50%). She made my daughter absolutely hate school. We have left this school behind, and are not sad about it one bit. Good riddance! If you care about your child's education-look elsewhere!

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 5

Posted May 26, 2015
My daughter has attended ACAA for the past 5 years. This school has really allowed her to further her musical talents. Teachers are great and supportive! Academics are focused here, so no slacking allowed! Great school choice for anyone interested in performing arts!

2820 W. Kelton Lane, Phoenix, AZ  85053
Last modified Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 76 reviews. Top