Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
After care: No

Posted December 16, 2014
I think ACAA, its Administration, and some of its teachers are of the poorest quality in the area. The Principal, Mr, Lalley, yells at his staff in front of parents and students, I see parents constantly harassing teachers, and getting away with it. Since when do parents (who, if THEY wanted to teach, should get a degree....) say what should and should not be taught in a classroom, or demand grade changes because they think they have "pull", Their kids are constantly telling other kids to "just have your mom or dad talk to the principal, you get anything you want..".. it is sad how our society has become so cow-towing to parents.. schools should NOT be run this way.. I am pulling my second child out this year, and bringing her to a public school, where at least I don't have to witness unprofessional standards and "Parent Politics."

Posted October 30, 2014
I am very disappointed in this school. When my childs teacher tells me what to feed my child then its all over I sent my child with choc chip teddy grahms which have the same nutritional value as yogurt and granola bars and she preceded to tell me because they had chocolate it was not healthy. Schools should be worried about all the children getting physical education every day. This school has no licensed medical staff and no nutritionist like public schools. This school is a dissappointment and high school consistently runs out of hot meals every day because they refuse to stagger lunches. whoever decided to put this school in the middle of a business park was not smart. this school could not even help my child struggling with his math. Very dissappointed

Posted June 16, 2014
This is one of the grossest and cheapest school I've ever been too. None of the desks are matching and pretty much every is a hand me down. The academics how ever are terrible and lazy and there also times when we don't learn at all. The art classes here are great but Theirs one glass were you don't do anything at all and can pull of a grade somehow. There is also a time when this school fed food poisoning to the elementary students and they tried to cover it up. I swear ... someone should sue this school for almost killing a child! This school also has the worst summer homework that is totally unnecessary because they say "Hey heres a book and well your on that , complete 500 math lessons in 2 months!" "hope you have a great summer!".. Not even exaggerating cause here I am writing this to warning the people That you have to go through this if your at this school.

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 4

Posted January 07, 2014
My personal reflection with YEARS of children attending ACAA Part 4 of 4. My husband and I both graduated from major Universities, and we NEVER had it that strict, or ever had that much homework EVER, not by a long shot. They are losing a LOT of 7-8th grade children in enrollment due to the strict regime of middle school, so be aware of this too. Like the previous parents (posts) have stated, their HS is AMAZING! US News voted one of the best in the country! This is no mistake. However, if you are ONLY looking for a school to send a 7th-8th grader to, I would steer clear until High School. These crazy strict stories about forgetting a pencil, or forgetting to answer a question resulting in a FAIL are all true! But all in all, I would rather a school be a little overly strict than to not know my child and their own personal needs. All in all ACAA is a 4 out of 5 star school in my book. - A long time parent of several children that attend ACAA.

Posted December 19, 2013
I have to agree with some of the other parents who complain that the grading at this schools is absurd. You get a 0 if you don't complete 1 out of 27 questions??? This has happened more than once at this school. There is also no consistency with the dress code. If the first period teacher doesn't write up a violation and the child doesn't alter his or her dress by the time they get to second period then how can the second period teacher state your child violated the policy??? This lends itself to a child being targeted/harassed by certain teachers. This school also gives entirely too much homework. I have to wonder what they are doing with their class time. The main reason for the one star review is that one teacher in the school is bordering on harassment of my child. My child was bullied by students at her previous school so I placed her in this school to remove her from that environment and now there is a teacher that harasses her. This upsets and disappoints me greatly. Bad enough when kids bully each other, unacceptable when a teacher harasses a child.

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 5

Posted November 13, 2013
I am a current ACAA parent of children that attend the elementary, middle, and high school. I usually do not do these types of things but another ACAA parent shared with me the negative things that other parents are saying about this school. Firstly, I commend the ACAA administration because they do their best to take care of the students. Parents may not always agree but I know through experience the administration takes care of business and has the best interest of the students, teachers, and parents. Secondly, I have witnessed ACAA parents yelling, cussing, and being rude to each other in the front lobby with younger children present. Parents this is unacceptable. Please be professional and take your rude behavior in a place where no other people can hear or see you. Thirdly, I read the most recent posting regarding the administration. My thoughts on that posting are the arts and academics are where they are at through effective management of the administration and teachers. Without a great leader, the school would not be at where it is. I cannot reinterate enough through my experience with ACAA over 4 years, they have best interest for students, teachers and parents.

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 2

Posted November 10, 2013
First off, let me start off by saying that the arts program and the staff that teacher them are stellar!!! I cannot speak highly of the opportunities for growth in the arts here at ACAA. The students gain so much by having specials every day to hone in on their interest - it's great! While this school has a superb arts program, the administration at the elementary school level is lacking. Resolutions to issues either don't come, or take forever to be resolved. Although ACAA is an art school, the academic program is extremely rigorous, so make sure your child is at grade level, especially since it's a 4 day school week (there is tutoring that is available on Fridays). If you're looking for a school that welcomes parent input and parent volunteer opportunities, this is not the school to attend, as they are severely lacking at this school! While the arts classes and the staff that teach them are worthy of a 5, the administration and their unwillingness to accept parental input is why I rated this school 2 stars.

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 5

Posted August 12, 2013
This school simply changed my life. I had been bullied at all my middle school and was enrolled in the high school connected to it, I came home crying every day that I went there until my mom found ACAA. I had gone on a tour shortly after and knew that it was the perfect school for me. I tried everything to get in and was accepted shortly after. I am now a graduated student on my way to college and I can say that every year I spent there was filled with happiness and friends. Although no school is perfect, ACAA came so very close. I had had a few troubling teachers and a few issues with middle schoolers running in the halls and being disrespectful and a few girls that had transferred; but the teachers left and middle schoolers will be middle schoolers...and as for the girls, they became good friends of mine that just had some social issues. ACAA has changed my lie and made me the outgoing person I am today, without it, I would never have gotten over my social fear and would be an extremely different person for the worst.

Posted August 01, 2013
The elementary school's principal's response to an incorrect schedule spoke volumes. From the lack of introduction or welcome, to lack of engaging, talking to, or looking at our child, to his condescending, unapologetic attitude, it was all negative. Note that the optional ballet class is open 1st to current students & once spots are filled up, too bad, if you're new. This is not mentioned at any time, anywhere I said to him. He didn't respond or apologize. He puts us on a wait list for ballet. Gee, thanks - you couldn't just squeeze us in somewhere? Our child's schedule only had ONE arts class. We had to lose PE to gain a 2nd arts class. The $50 arts fee isn't for your child's supplies, it's to "support the arts program". It's a forced donation. After the dismissive treatment we got, we took our $50 check back. A few hours later I got a message asking why we took it back, was it because we didn't get ballet class? But, guess what? A few spots had suddenly opened up. Bad people skills & too much concern with money do not a good school make. Classic bait & switch. Great on paper, not in reality. We felt duped. Before/after care is overpriced & inflexible, also.

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 2

Posted July 15, 2013
its ok they only except the best so its good the arts and edu. are fitted for the student exactly

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics
2820 W. Kelton Lane, Phoenix, AZ  85053
Last modified Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top