Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
After care: No

Posted March 26, 2015
I have had a decent experience with ACAA until now. My youngest is now a student there and has basically been ignored and belittled by her teacher. It's obvious that this teacher has her favorite students and parents and the rest of the kids don't matter....Not only did she ignore early warning signs of a learning disability but was completely aloof and unconcerned when it came to helping the child. Time and time again my questions and concerns are not addressed by the teacher. It took the principal stepping in along with the special education department to get help. This teacher continues to be smug and rude and is blatently biased and unfair. It's sad that one teacher can make such a negative impact but I'm doing my best to make sure this horrible experience does not stay with my child. I would still recommend ACAA I would just advise parent's to not accept this kind of behavior from a teacher. And we are going to keep making sure this teacher knows she didn't break my daughter, she gave her a good example of the kind of person she doesn't want to be. the

Posted January 26, 2015
I don't recommend this school for their academics. The elementary and middle school teachers seem to have a challenging time executing the vision of the school. Their STARS program is archaic and the teachers do not seem to have any flexibility when it comes to grading their students. Several of the teachers continually lost my daughter's completed assignments and gave her zeroes. Each time I questioned them on the assignment, they would locate it and change the grade. My daughter earned mostly A's during her time at the school (5th grade & 6th grade). Yet, however, I felt she wasn't really learning anything other than Arts, PE, and Piano. I recently withdrew her from 6th grade and she has started an online learning program through K12. She is having to catch-up on the things she didn't learn in 5th & 6th grade: Math, English, History, Writing. This school is not doing what is advertised.

Posted January 26, 2015
I think this school - both administration and its teachers need to rethink their bullying pollicy. Both students and teachers get bullied here. Students by both other students and teachers and teachers by other teachers, parents, and administration. There is an overflow of unprofessionalism and for this reason, I have taken my daughter out of this school. She is having a much healthier time in public school.. Maybe it is time to get rid of Administration if they cannot maintain the quality of dignity toward their staff.. who should be number one.. NOT give in to parents who demand grade changes, or they threaten to take their kid out of the school.. Do you really want parents like these? Their kids are the same way?

Posted October 30, 2014
I am very disappointed in this school. When my childs teacher tells me what to feed my child then its all over I sent my child with choc chip teddy grahms which have the same nutritional value as yogurt and granola bars and she preceded to tell me because they had chocolate it was not healthy. Schools should be worried about all the children getting physical education every day. This school has no licensed medical staff and no nutritionist like public schools. This school is a dissappointment and high school consistently runs out of hot meals every day because they refuse to stagger lunches. whoever decided to put this school in the middle of a business park was not smart. this school could not even help my child struggling with his math. Very dissappointed
4 people found this helpful

Posted June 16, 2014
This is one of the grossest and cheapest school I've ever been too. None of the desks are matching and pretty much every is a hand me down. The academics how ever are terrible and lazy and there also times when we don't learn at all. The art classes here are great but Theirs one glass were you don't do anything at all and can pull of a grade somehow. There is also a time when this school fed food poisoning to the elementary students and they tried to cover it up. I swear ... someone should sue this school for almost killing a child! This school also has the worst summer homework that is totally unnecessary because they say "Hey heres a book and well your on that , complete 500 math lessons in 2 months!" "hope you have a great summer!".. Not even exaggerating cause here I am writing this to warning the people That you have to go through this if your at this school.

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 4

Posted January 07, 2014
My personal reflection with YEARS of children attending ACAA Part 4 of 4. My husband and I both graduated from major Universities, and we NEVER had it that strict, or ever had that much homework EVER, not by a long shot. They are losing a LOT of 7-8th grade children in enrollment due to the strict regime of middle school, so be aware of this too. Like the previous parents (posts) have stated, their HS is AMAZING! US News voted one of the best in the country! This is no mistake. However, if you are ONLY looking for a school to send a 7th-8th grader to, I would steer clear until High School. These crazy strict stories about forgetting a pencil, or forgetting to answer a question resulting in a FAIL are all true! But all in all, I would rather a school be a little overly strict than to not know my child and their own personal needs. All in all ACAA is a 4 out of 5 star school in my book. - A long time parent of several children that attend ACAA.

Posted December 19, 2013
I have to agree with some of the other parents who complain that the grading at this schools is absurd. You get a 0 if you don't complete 1 out of 27 questions??? This has happened more than once at this school. There is also no consistency with the dress code. If the first period teacher doesn't write up a violation and the child doesn't alter his or her dress by the time they get to second period then how can the second period teacher state your child violated the policy??? This lends itself to a child being targeted/harassed by certain teachers. This school also gives entirely too much homework. I have to wonder what they are doing with their class time. The main reason for the one star review is that one teacher in the school is bordering on harassment of my child. My child was bullied by students at her previous school so I placed her in this school to remove her from that environment and now there is a teacher that harasses her. This upsets and disappoints me greatly. Bad enough when kids bully each other, unacceptable when a teacher harasses a child.

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 5

Posted November 13, 2013
I am a current ACAA parent of children that attend the elementary, middle, and high school. I usually do not do these types of things but another ACAA parent shared with me the negative things that other parents are saying about this school. Firstly, I commend the ACAA administration because they do their best to take care of the students. Parents may not always agree but I know through experience the administration takes care of business and has the best interest of the students, teachers, and parents. Secondly, I have witnessed ACAA parents yelling, cussing, and being rude to each other in the front lobby with younger children present. Parents this is unacceptable. Please be professional and take your rude behavior in a place where no other people can hear or see you. Thirdly, I read the most recent posting regarding the administration. My thoughts on that posting are the arts and academics are where they are at through effective management of the administration and teachers. Without a great leader, the school would not be at where it is. I cannot reinterate enough through my experience with ACAA over 4 years, they have best interest for students, teachers and parents.

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 2

Posted November 10, 2013
First off, let me start off by saying that the arts program and the staff that teacher them are stellar!!! I cannot speak highly of the opportunities for growth in the arts here at ACAA. The students gain so much by having specials every day to hone in on their interest - it's great! While this school has a superb arts program, the administration at the elementary school level is lacking. Resolutions to issues either don't come, or take forever to be resolved. Although ACAA is an art school, the academic program is extremely rigorous, so make sure your child is at grade level, especially since it's a 4 day school week (there is tutoring that is available on Fridays). If you're looking for a school that welcomes parent input and parent volunteer opportunities, this is not the school to attend, as they are severely lacking at this school! While the arts classes and the staff that teach them are worthy of a 5, the administration and their unwillingness to accept parental input is why I rated this school 2 stars.

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics 5

Posted August 12, 2013
This school simply changed my life. I had been bullied at all my middle school and was enrolled in the high school connected to it, I came home crying every day that I went there until my mom found ACAA. I had gone on a tour shortly after and knew that it was the perfect school for me. I tried everything to get in and was accepted shortly after. I am now a graduated student on my way to college and I can say that every year I spent there was filled with happiness and friends. Although no school is perfect, ACAA came so very close. I had had a few troubling teachers and a few issues with middle schoolers running in the halls and being disrespectful and a few girls that had transferred; but the teachers left and middle schoolers will be middle schoolers...and as for the girls, they became good friends of mine that just had some social issues. ACAA has changed my lie and made me the outgoing person I am today, without it, I would never have gotten over my social fear and would be an extremely different person for the worst.

Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics
2820 W. Kelton Lane, Phoenix, AZ  85053
Last modified Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Conservatory for Arts and Academics Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top