1-8 & Ungraded|Public charter
350 students|Freedom Academy Inc.

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

The school does a great job encouraging family time outside of school. Homework is very manageable for students. The only critism in this area would be the school giving a student zero's in their work for missing school if they are not sick. Taking an extra day off for a family vacation requires a parent to call their child out sick so they can make up their work and not lose credit. Also if your child is sick and they have a book report to turn in the day of being sick, the child will receive a zero unless the parent drops off, emails or faces the assignment on the day the child is out sick. No exceptions

Major improvement is needed at Freedom Academy (Paradise). They need new administration and a new board. Leadership could use training on treating others with respect at all levels.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I feel the teachers are effective but at times can be less tolerant of the middle school aged kids. Respect should be mutual

This is by far the best school that we have ever attended the administration is so great it is beyond what we could have expected to have our children in this school is an honor. The teachers and all the administration are wonderful and we have had no complaints this is our second year and we will continue until 8th grade it's nice to finally find a school that cares about our childrens' education.

I've had the honor of being on both sides of the fence at Freedom Academy. First, as a parent for 4 years and now a staff member. The school truly is a blessing, they focus on supplying students, parents and staff with a complete, positive and supportive learning environment. The administration is dedicated to helping everyone meet their goals, while assisting us to become well balanced leaders who look at each student with the ability to asses their challenges and strengths. The educators are brilliant, out of the box teachers who give their all. This school is large enough to offer variety, but small enough to offer an intimate learning environment. Truly the best choice for students, parents and staff.

I am going into my 10th year as a teacher for Freedom Academy. I've taught at other schools and I can tell you it is absolutely the most wonderful school I've ever been a part of. Each child is loved and cared for with utmost concern. I've personally witnessed numerous children have their lives completely turn around for the better because of the environment at this school. The academic standards are very high and children are completely equipped for high school by the time they graduate. And if you've never attended a Freedom Academy 8th grade graduation ceremony, you are missing out! What a great event. Linda Hoffman is amazing. My son, that graduated 10 years ago from Freedom, still comes back to spend time with her. There are two awesome campuses. If a grade is full at one campus you can go to the other one. I've taught at both schools and they are both equally wonderful.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Very effective. Just check state testing scores. Just ask any Freedom Academy alumni who are now in high school how hard we worked at preparing them for their future.

Amount of homework: Agree

As a teacher at Freedom Academy, we work diligently to make sure students are not overwhelmed with big assignments from a number of different subjects. Teachers meet and coordinate big projects so that ample in class and out of class time is given for students to complete their work. We always remember in the back of our heads, that these are kids; kids with families and the last thing we want to do is overwhelm a family with schoolwork.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Definitely, I think this is due again to the Freedom Academy commitment to appropriate class sizes. Class sizes where teachers have the ability to get to know their students and can speak into students lives not only over "state standard material", but over life material.

Again, I started teaching here 10 years ago as a single male with no kids. 10 years later I am a married man with 2 kids (1 at Freedom and the other on the way) and the school has only gotten better! I look forward to many more years and much more growth!

Last modified Freedom Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.