7-8 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Posted August 29, 2014
My daughter is an 8th grader at MTMS. I have been extremely impressed with the Principal, front office, staff, nurse and all of the teachers. The Principal is extremely approachable and the communication with the Princiapal, teachers and PTO is excellent!

Posted November 04, 2013
Such an amazing school! I was a new student and I was welcomed instantly into a wonderful group of students and teachers. There was no bullying, no drama, and good education and extra-curricular programs. I loved my experience at Mountain Trail!

Posted September 16, 2013
Mountain Trail Middle School..Mountain Trails Middle School is among the most exceptional junior High Schools in Arizona.Their CORE Knowledge program,scores among the BEST in North Phoenix-Paradise Valley. It's an EXCELLENT middle school. The students have remarkable respect for one another. This is the result of the morally positive mission statement at Mountain Trails Middle School. Mountain Trail Middle School not only promotes (but encourages),the morals of honesty, kindness and "mutual respect.". It's certainly working in a very positive way. My son recently lost his(semi-costly),water container. It was later located in one of his school's classes,days later. This says a lot.Not just for the student(s),but for the positive actions of the facility at this middle school, as well. :-) This is a 5+-Star School, with 5+-Star Leadership,(in our families opinion). Mountain Trails Middle School has our family vote (collectively),of 5 members, as being a Middle School of "excellency," in the North Phoenix/Paradise Valley School District area. Mountain Trail Middle School deserves "EXCEPTIONALLY," high marks of achievement and recognition from among all U.S. Middle Schools :-)

Posted May 01, 2013
I'm an eighth grader at Mountain Trail right now (supreme). School is almost done with, and then I'm off to Pinnacle HS. Mountain Trail is an awesome school! I love it! First off, it's clean! Second, the teachers are really great. I never really had a thing for science, English, or social studies... But the teachers attitude makes you a lot more motivated to learn. The bullying issues are taken care of quickly and fairly. And Mountain Trail has a really strict policy for bullying. So that's good. I was on Principals list for the whole first semester, and I was on honor roll for second semester. This school, I feel is really going to help me prepare for HS. The principal is awesome :D so are the duty aids. Most of my best memories were made at MTMS (like when the principal got pumpkin pie all in his face!) Your son/daughter would really really like it at Mountain Trail. I did :)

Mountain Trail Middle School 4

Posted March 30, 2013
I had a daughter graduate from this school 4 years ago and presently have s son in 7th grade. Both my children have had an excellent experience in this school. My daughter absolutely thrived in honors classes and was very involved in student government. My son is completely blossoming thanks to fabulous sports program (5 star coaches!) and his interaction with the principal. I would agree there are a few mediocre teachers but for the most part my children have been well prepared. Both enjoy/emjoyed their time at this at this school.

Mountain Trail Middle School 1

Posted February 22, 2013
I dont understand why this school is getting so many stars. Look at the test scores people the proof is in the pudding. The school seems mediocre at best. they dont push and strive for excellence at all. Very disapointed that I wasted 2 critical years for my child's future at this school. I wish I would have done my research beforehand so that she will enter high school more prepared. Dont send your child this school if you want academic excellence for your child you wont get it at this school. My child got honor roll the 2 years here and his writing skills is below grade level. Teachers are not motivated to engage and enlighten kids. Stay away from this dismal school.

Mountain Trail Middle School 3

Posted November 08, 2010
The principal, asst. principal, and counselor are excellent when it comes to dealing with parents. They listen and take you seriously when issues arise. There are some EXCELLENT teachers here, and some AWFUL teachers, too. Most I would say are average overall. Bullying here is an ongoing problem, and punks are often moved from one class to another, just to cause trouble elsewhere. The curriculum, Core Knowlege, is fantastic, although I think science here is weak, with almost no labs to get the kids interested. In summary, I would say Mountain Trail is okay, better than many, probably not as good as a few others.

Posted May 04, 2010
there are NO fights/bullying at our school....pretty much EVERYONE gets along :)

Mountain Trail Middle School 2

Posted October 07, 2009

Mountain Trail Middle School 0

Posted June 03, 2009
My child just completed 7th grade, I feared a drastic change from P.P. Elementary to M.T.M.S. On the contrary, he adjusted very well, the homework page and grades available on the website helped keep up with middle school pressure, even if some teachers do not keep their site updated, we did not struggle too much and the year passed very fast. Thank you to Ms Carstens for being a great teacher, always available to help.

Mountain Trail Middle School
2323 East Mountain Gate Pass, Phoenix, AZ  85024
Last modified Mountain Trail Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Trail Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top