PK-5 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Sun Canyon School 3

Posted May 22, 2011
I have had 2 of my girls attend this school. Both have been in third grade with Mrs. Ames. 5 star rating for her!! She is an extremely gifted teacher. Very patient with behavior issue while not allowing other students to be disrupted...and willing to work to advance students above grade level by going above and beyond what "normal" public school teachers do to provide 4th grade school work from other teachers. NOT impressed at all with 4th grade teachers!! Lazy! Administrations lacks discipline methods for children with behavior disorders/disabilities. Took my 4th grader out of the school it was so bad, but left the younger sibling in 3rd grade!

Sun Canyon School 4

Posted January 15, 2011
i used to go to this school in 3rd grade but sadly had to move. All of the teachers are nice and helpful. i had alot of fun at the school.

Posted October 07, 2010
I have two children that recently transfered to Sun Canyon from a different school, and the difference is like night and day. I'm in love with this school, and wish my children could've come here sooner. My kids felt right at home from day one and actually enjoy going to school in the morning. I can't say enough good things about this school, and could literally go on for days. I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 20, 2009
I have had a great experience with the staff and my child loves going to school each day.

Posted May 17, 2009
it is a great school student at sun canyon i have been at sun canyon for4 years great students &staff

Posted May 09, 2009
I rate my school with outstanding teachers, a principal who cares and gives the right disipline . My school has treats everyone with the same respect.

Posted May 08, 2009
I have been a parent with two children at Sun Canyon since 8/2002 when the school opened. One child is still a student at the school. The teachers all work together with the amazing principal at the helm. The norm at this school is that teachers go above and beyond to instruct children educationally, socially, along with respect and character toward others, themselves and our environment. The community/parent involvment continues to grow.

Posted October 26, 2008
i used to go to this school its amazing

Sun Canyon School 4

Posted May 06, 2007
Relocated to AZ. in August 2005 . We were impressed with this school's teachers involvement. The principle is great! I think this school will excel within the next few years. Discipline is good.

Posted January 25, 2007
We recently relocated to AZ with a 4th grade student who excels in every thing she does (math @ 7th grade level, Reading @ 10th grade level and writing skills at high school level and very active in sports). While looking for the perfect program near to home, I came across Sun Canyons website. What caught my attention was the Gifted Program that was advertised but was not yet set in motion. As of to day she is on the Hone Roll (as usual). Her teachers are wonderful in giving her the extra work to keep her occupied while in class and at home. I give Sun Canyon Elementary a score of 9 for achieving the goals that I was looking for. A Proud Parent of Sun Canyon

Sun Canyon School
8150 W. Durango, Phoenix, AZ  85043
Last modified Sun Canyon School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sun Canyon School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top