K-5 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Manuel Pena Jr. School 2

Posted March 15, 2013
Not good, Not the worst. The teachers I have met in this school have been fairly nice. My son's teacher last year however did play "favorites" with some of her students and made it clear that she didn't like my son. My son was bullied a lot in kindergarten here. His teacher this year is struggling to help him because of the curriculum the school district has forced her to use. His teacher has spent much of her personal money and time to help her students; it seems that the school doesn't appreciate or care about their teachers. It seems very under-funded.

Posted March 20, 2012
We recently moved here from CA and my daughter had attended 3/4 of the school year there, yet my new school district didn't want to accept her as a Kindergartener and denied her the right to finish the school year because she turned 5 in OCT vs. AUG... This Principle and district was the only one that had my daughters best interest at heart and allowed her to enroll and finish the school year in order to move on to 1st Grade... THANK YOU, Very Understanding!!!

Manuel Pena Jr. School 1

Posted November 30, 2009
At this time I am not satistfied with this school. My child is having issues in the class and the teacher and princeple are not opening other options to help my child succeed. Do not recomment this school is child has learnig issues that need assistance.

Posted April 10, 2009
My daughter attends 5th grade. Her teacher has huge expectations of her. My daughter comes home with a lot of relevant homework. My daughter s grades are below average and they truly reflect where she is she was considered an A+ student elsewhere. I love this school/teacher!

Posted November 22, 2008

Manuel Pena Jr. School 0

Posted October 08, 2008
This is a really great school. The teachers have high expectations of the students and seem to really care about the children.

Posted June 21, 2007
My son was in 2nd grade, his teacher made sure that he met a full year growth of academic even though he was slightly advance. She did not set him in a corner and skip him because he knew the material she challenged him and others of his like ability.

Posted July 22, 2006
My daughter is currently going here and so far it's been great! We love the school, the teachers, the kids, and (my daughter) loves the food. It's a wonderful and safe place for the kids to learn.

Posted January 10, 2006

Posted August 23, 2005

Manuel Pena Jr. School
2550 N. 79th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85035
Last modified Manuel Pena Jr. School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manuel Pena Jr. School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top