Public charter
Phoenix, AZ

Posted March 23, 2014
I absolutely love this school. First and foremost, the teachers are very pleasant and nurturing to the students. The academics here are quite rigorous, but they do a very good job at preparing the children and encouraging them to enjoy learning. The sense of community here is fantastic. It's a very little school, and it feels so comfortable to visit the school and have the entire staff greet you with a warm smile. I get the sense that everyone at the school knows one another. The parents at this school interact and are very involved in the children's education. The curriculum that the school offers puts a tremendous focus on nature and animal life. They even have their own miniature petting zoo that the children use to learn about animals. This is a far better option than a public school.

Venture Academy 1

Posted July 30, 2013
I did not have a good experience at this school for my son at all. The idea of the school sounds nice, but I withdrew my son within a month. The principal is arrogant and rude..from my personal experience. However the secretary and 4th grade teacher were pleasant....not enough for me to keep my son though.

Posted September 08, 2011
I have two sons that attend venture... and they love it. I have one son that is doing K again (we came from a public school) mainly because I wanted to him learn spalding from the start and also because he needed to grow a little more socially and gain some confidence in himself. My other son has ADHD and has struggled within public school until this year, when I switched them to venture. Both children love their teachers, the come home feeling "so smart" because of the positive reinforcement they get. Most of all, venture is the best school in the valley. take it from me, I have tried many schools from totally strict traditonal schools to arizonas public schools. this school has the best, most caring, innovative teachers around. Your kids will LOVE it here and so will you!

Posted July 12, 2011
We want our children to see that going to school and receiving an education is one of the best things a parent can give their children and this is their time to enjoy the best times of their lives. Choosing and Starting school for the first time can be a scary one for both the parent and the child, but I found that Venture went a step beyond my expectations. The education system my son is receiving is great. The family like atmosphere and the wonderful caring teachers means that my son is getting the best education NOW! Mr. Bennett is a wonderful principal with a caring yet disciplined spirit. I would highly recomment this school to any parent. Your child will be safe, cared for and most importantly will enjoy learning.

Posted January 03, 2011
My kids my kids adore their teachers and they're challenged every day. Principal is amazing, he is involved with the kids, and really cares about the kids and their education. We love this school!!!!!

Posted June 08, 2010
Venture is a small school with farm animals and gardens that produce fruit. They have wonderful teachers with different ways of teaching.It has a sister school named Bennett that we went to which is also a good school but without the animals and plants.Our principal loves understanding bugs,too. So, everyone in this school are close.

Venture Academy 0

Posted April 15, 2010
Venture Academy is a wonderful school I love it, it's small, one on one with the students they treat the children like family and they really do care about the students. I hear them talk and I love how they are with the children. They principal always meet with the teachers to work out plans to help them in the class room. I pass by the school on the weekends and the principal is working in the yard at the school and my kids wanna know why they can't stop and help Mr. Bennett the principal now that is priceless. The school is a Great One! try it you will like it.

Posted March 09, 2010
I can not say enough good things about the school. This is my child's 3rd year here and I have to say I have always been happy but this year is the best yet. My child is confident and happy. We are proud of the school as are all of the kids I have met.

Posted February 13, 2010
This is my child's third year at Venture and it has always been a wonderfull experience. This year is even more so. The family like atmosphere and wonderful caring teachers are a huge plus. Mr Bennett is a wonderful principal and very caring. I have all the confidence that my child is getting the best schooling possible here.

Venture Academy 0

Posted January 07, 2010
Nice school, nice teachers. My daughter loves school. The 4-H program is premature, but has GREAT potential. I only wish they will be able to extend to 5-6th grade next year. I woudl also love to see a computer class also. Bennett has one, but Venture is so much like a family, I wont move my girl back!!

Venture Academy
1535 W. Dunlap Ave., Phoenix, AZ  85020
Last modified Venture Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Venture Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top