Phoenix, AZ

Posted August 29, 2014
For any parent that has a child that is hearing impaired, there is no better option than Desert Voices. The setting provides excellent, professional, friendly and one-on-one assistance that caters to children with a hearing loss. Class sizes are extremely small, by design, every teacher, staff, aid and therapist has the best interest of every child in mind. The school is truly a family.

Posted August 30, 2012
They are doing a fantastic job for the students they have. Our son has benefited hugely from their unique (in the area) program. There is no way his communication skills would be where they are now without Desert Voices. If you have a child with a significant hearing loss and you are interested in giving them an Oral education, then the decision to bring them here should be a "No brainer".

Posted August 30, 2012
When our daughter was born with a permanent hearing loss, we were so emotionally overwhelmed with the situation that is was it was difficult to understand how to move forward. Desert Voices has played a CRITICAL role in educating me and my husband on how best to parent a child with a hearing loss, as well as give our daughter the tools and resources she needs to succeed in her world. After 18 months with Desert Voices, we are certain that our daughter falls right in step with her hearing peers. The specialized instruction that she receives is un-paralleled, and the experience we get at every speech therapy session is always positive. We are so thankful to be a part of this family. In my opinion, every child with a hearing loss (even a mild one) will benefit greatly from this organization. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them.

Posted August 30, 2012
It's a great school. I love it because my son is doing So well and so most of the kids in the school. The staff is very professional and nice. They work as a team and that's why the results are great on the kids overall. The speech therapists are wonderful and they are all the time there to help. I recommend this school to every kid with hearing problem and wish that the community could help too.

Desert Voices Oral Learning 1

Posted July 24, 2010
I am a former teacher of Desert Voices. Although Desert Voices is very important for the children and families it serves, it is a school with serious problems. Desert Voices continues to drive away excellent staff members due to poor management and administration. Additionally, they have fired more than one teacher simply because she was pregnant (generally not telling her until weeks before her due date). If you are considering this school for your child, ask how many years the teachers you meet have been teaching at this school. For a school that has been in Phoenix over 10 years, you will find that these numbers are much shorter than they should be. This type of turn over shows basic internal and political issues. I'm sorry to be so critical of a school which has helped so many children, but I believe they have lost their focus on those children.

Desert Voices Oral Learning 0

Posted May 03, 2010
As in all things and in the fullness of time, a gift of hearing was given to one who was born profoundly deaf; such a shock to find your little one cannot hear you. Then, from afar, a voice of hope begins it is a small voice that reaches out in hope for your child. This voice was Desert Voices and from this humble beginning, a small child, my grandchild - Ashley Kempton, was soon to hear the sounds of the world and become an honor student. To say thank you would be far too little, thus, this note of understanding: In the wilderness of total quiet, the sun rises and with it a songbird s echo resounds within the now hearing mind ..

Posted May 14, 2009
I am a college student with bilateral cochlear implants studying to be an auditory verbal therapist. I have observed in different oral schools. This is truly an excellent school with staff who truly are passionate in their careers and do love what they're doing. Checking out this school will completely worth your time.

Posted February 17, 2009
If your child wears hearing aides or has cochlear implants - there is no better choice. This school will help your child mainstream into thier grade level with thier peers.

Posted May 15, 2006
This is a great school. With their small class sizes they were able to improve my childs speech dramatically. She has increased her inteligability and abilty to understand sounds.

Desert Voices Oral Learning
3426 East Shea Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ  85028
Last modified Desert Voices Oral Learning is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Desert Voices Oral Learning Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top