PK-K|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

i haven't heard of any bullying issues in the two years that we have been there.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Montessori method is geared towards exactly this principle with kids learning at their own pace.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Janet is experienced and is a strong leader

I could go on and on about this school and how wonderful it has been for my family. They truly care about our entire family. They treat the kids as their own, holding them accountable for their high standard of behavior and character while making learning fun. I don't know how they do it, but they do it so well. We are moving and are heartbroken to leave this beautiful school. It is such a unique, charming and family-friendly environment. My kids are safe, loved and being taught valuable lessons in character development with their amazing virtues program. We love this school and their teachers.

Community Montessori School has been a blessing for my family during the past few years. We enrolled my son when he was a shy, little three-year-old, and it was the perfect environment for him. Janet, the administrator, has a very kind, yet firm demeanor, which helped to both educate my son and shape his personality. My son's birthday puts him on the cusp of being either young for his grade or a bit older than his peers. Naturally, my wife and I wanted to push him through and didn't mind him being younger than his classmates, but Janet and her head teacher Jocelyn encouraged us to keep him in Pre-K an additional year to let his personality mature. We sure are glad that we did. They shaped my little guy into confident little man who is more prepared for 1st grade than he would have been. We were so impressed with his results, that we enrolled our daughter in the school when she was 2 1/2. She loves it. The opportunities provided to my daughter to learn at her own pace, both supervised and independently, have proved very beneficial. She loves being able to select her own work, and takes great pride in teaching the lessons that she has mastered to her younger classmates. We also have another child enrolled for the fall, and are just as excited for her to be there, as the teachers are to educate her. Rounding out Janet's crew are Helen and Carol, who are more like family to the students than teachers. They have a passion for teaching the Montessori program, and it shows in their interactions with the kids. In the several times we have attended CMS during school hours, every child seems comfortable and productive. When our family fell on hard times, Janet was able to work with us via scholarships for our Kindergarten son. Without her help, we would not have had our son in the program and his education would not have developed as it has. We can't say enough good things about the school and its staff. If you are considering Montessori for your children, Community Montessori is your #1 option.

My daughter went to preschool at Community Montessori for a year and a half. I could not have asked for a better school for her to begin her education. The individual attention that each student gets is amazing. They foster autonomy and teach the children virtues in addition to a solid academic foundation. There truly was a wonderful sense of community at this school that my family will miss as my daughter continues her education elsewhere.

My granddaughter has attended Community Montessori for the past 2 years and is entering her third and final year at this school. Janet (director), and her staff; Jocelyn, Helen and Carol have become our extended family. Academically, the staff is robust in introducing a solid foundation in reading and mathematics while interspersing geography, culture and music. There is an emphasis on virtues and civility at this school that is priceless. There is a large backyard which is ideal for play time and the school has a colorful and friendly layout. Janet will often have various professionals visit the school to enrich the program with their special talents. There is an unbelievable sense of community here, which is why the school is so aptly named. The best thing about the entire experience is the way my granddaughter feels about the school. She feels loved and cared about. She looks forward to school every day. She consistently says she loves it. There's the proof. This school and its staff has provided a stability and lifelong foundation for my granddaughter to continue to thrive educationally and philosophically long after she graduates this coming spring.

Owner is too bossy and inflexible. She has an "I know everything" attitude and tends to be disrespectful to the parents. She offers zero scholarship or any type of financial assistance for preschool, but expects all the parents to do whatever she tells them to do. Her expectations for a 4 year old are often unreasonable and her discipline methods are questionable at best - her favorite way to discipline is to raise her voice to the point of yelling, and she has also yelled at me when I asked her normal questions that a paying customer would have. She doesn't like to be questioned and does not accept any form of constructive criticism. I have met several parents, since I removed my child from this school, who have either removed their children or decided not to send their children to this school due to Janet's overall bossy and disrespectful attitude. I believe that the school year is hard as it is - no need to add stressful situations or people in the mix. There are other Montessori and Chartered schools in this area. I recommend doing your research and making sure you can put up with Janet before you sign your one (or more) year commitment to this school.

This school produces results, period. Furthermore, the results are visible not only in each child s academic progress, but also in his/her behavior and in the virtues instilled by the school. The issue for virtually every parent with whom I ve spoken is never whether Community Montessori is the best place for our children to begin their formal education, but where to send our children once they graduate. Ms. Janet and crew have instilled a level of knowledge and curiosity that puts the children worlds ahead of their peers at comparable schools. My son attended Community Montessori for roughly 3 years, recently graduating, and I had the opportunity to witness these incredible results year after year. The culmination is that each kindergartener at the school completes a project, researches and writes a report, and makes a presentation upon graduation. This school is a relatively small and undiscovered gem with no desire to cherry pick the best students. Instead, this school is committed to accepting children of all backgrounds and consistently producing academically precocious students who go on to be overrepresented in gifted programs across the valley.

The staff here is vested in the wellbeing and success of the children and they are more than willing to go the extra mile to serve the individual needs of each child. They do a fabulous job of teaching the academics but they excel at virtue development. My kids have the strongest manners of their friends and by far the best reading comprehension of their peer group. The children are also taught and trusted to identify actions that support a peaceful and loving environment. One of the things that has always impressed me is the school's high level of expectation for what the kiddos are capable of achieving. From a life-skills perspective of making beds and contributing in the household to a high standard of cooperation and an expectation of peacefulness, the director holds the children and families accountable. I've dropped one of both of my kids off at school daily for over 8 years. Knowing that the watchfulness of the staff is keeping them safe is so comforting; but also knowing that they are helping my kids cultivate self-awareness, kindness and a sense of what being in a community means is outstanding.

Last modified Community Mont School is a Private school that serves grades PK-K