K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Very very weak secular studies. Hebrew studies are not so strong either. Kids are at least 1 full grade behind in math. Huge unaddressed bulling problem. Kids continuously complain about lunch program. The school has a lot of kids who belong in "special ed" and those kids take away a lot from normal kids.

After learning more about the Jewish faith and how open and accepting the people have been, I was happy to have my daughter raised Jewish like her mother was. We were both looking forward to have our daughter enrolled in Phoenix Hebrew Academy for their excellent education and language programs. After our application was denied I was horrified to find out that we were not denied because of cost, or because the school was full. No.. We were denied because my daughters grandmother was converted to Judaism but apparently she was not converted correctly in the eyes of this organization. Despite the fact that my wife was raised Jewish and despite the fact that my wife attended a Hebrew Academy in Tucson. Because my daughters grandmother was not converted at an orthodox synagog, my daughter has been discriminated against and will not be allowed to attend this school. I am frustrated but more, I am simply disappointed. I can't understand why an organization that claims to be open minded and to accept Jewish people of all faiths would discriminate about something that my daughter and wife have no control over. I had thought that open minded people would look past such minor differences,but I guess I was wrong. I just can't understand why an organization would segregate people of the same faith because of a small technical difference that happened multiple generations ago.

This is a wonderful school. Classes are very small so students get much more individual attention than any other school I have seen. Most classes are less than 15 students. You won't find a better teacher to student ratio anywhere. My kids are treated with respect. They love their teachers, and even when they do not do what they should, the feel loved. The school feels like a family. There are a lot of male teachers which is good for the boys. Students spend half the day in religious and Hebrew classes. The other half is spent in general studies. I like their holistic approach to learning. They have a nice computer lab, and are beginning to get more technology in their classrooms. I can check grades anytime I like from my computer at home. The school is old, but it is safe and comfortable. The playground is big and lovely.

The school's tuition is very expensive for what you receive. The Hebrew studies are weak because grade 8 students going to yeshiva are behind in grade 9. The school has a widespread bullying problem that has been unaddressed for years. Class sizes in grades 1-4 are too large because they separate by gender in grades 5-8.

The school has a good academic program. The school has limited extracurricular activities. The school has a bullying problem that is ignored by the management of the school. If you are concerned about the safety of your child, don't consider this school.

The school is not accommodating for special needs children or reform or conservative children. The school has a bullying problem that is ignored by the school leadership.

Great school! A REAL Jewish community school! The school accommodates everyone within the greater Phoenix Jewish community.

Last modified Phoenix Hebrew Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8