Phoenix, AZ

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We look forward to hearing from you!
November 07, 2011

Arizona Cultural Academy 3

Posted January 21, 2015
Like many schools it has both it's ups and downs...as far as the academics are concerned, I feel they expect too much from the child without putting much effort into teaching the child. The amount of Arabic and Quran my child has learned is significant, and would have to say I'm largely pleased with how much emphasis they put on those subjects. However, my child as not yet started the first grade and is receiving homework as though they were already in grade school. And the weekend packets of homework the child is expected to complete are atrocious. I remember when I was in grade school no homework was given on Fridays, and if we did have any it was made to prepare us for exams the following week. A child should not be expected to complete homework while still preschool. My child came from a previous preschool where it was entirely play based and those were my expectations when I enrolled them in the "Montessori" portion of the school. The school isn't Montessori based at all and instead functions like a traditional classroom with some Montessori aspects included.

Posted February 26, 2014
LOVE ACA... I have to kids there one in KG and the other is in P-K .. My KG scores in Sylvan 1.6 in Math and 1.8 in English !!! that's more than a first grade level mashaallah!! Family oriented, caring teacher, amazing principle, amazing staff and kids get to feel comfortable being muslims, memorize quraan and read Arabic !!

Posted March 23, 2013
There are few schools in the Valley that allow for a safe yet educational environment especially for the Muslim community in Arizona. ACA is one of them, and lets children enjoy an education on par with public schools, if not greater, without all of the bad environments, drugs, and peer pressure of the public schools. There is no other school that is K-12 in which students can learn about their religion, learn arabic, hear the call to prayer, pray, give talks, and stay with other Muslims in the valley. The gym is a very nice addition which is great for community events and for playing in. This school has small class sizes and leads to strong bonding between classmates. Its overall a great school.

Arizona Cultural Academy 1

Posted March 11, 2013
I think ACA is a horrible school because the don't know how to teach am student and I been disliking the school for a long because of the system thanks god that I am out of ACA and i am public school my grade had enproved In my opinon ACA is just a money Make DON'T GO THERE.

Posted December 02, 2011
I am a student who has studied here for over five years. Nothing beats the environment. It's amazing to be able to find such a family-oriented safe place in today's world. In the long run, despite the fact that the education could be better, the environment is really worth it. Love this place!!

Arizona Cultural Academy

Posted November 07, 2011
- a school leader
We look forward to hearing from you!

Arizona Cultural Academy 1

Posted August 23, 2011
A great school has qualified caring teachers, strong principal leadership, and challenging academics. Sadly, this is not how I would describe ACA. Less than half of the teachers there are qualified. Need a job but don't have any teaching qualifications at all? ACA maybe the only school in the US that will hire you. If the principal cared at all about the student's education, they would never hire someone who wasn't qualified by the state to teach. Frankly, tuition is way too expensive, especially in this economy, and that may be fine if the academics were above average. They aren't. Luckily, there are some really strong charter schools in the Valley that I think many will find a better option all around.

Posted January 25, 2011
Good School, Good hard working people run it. safe environment, care a lot about the students. Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs and the fees are resonable.

Posted September 23, 2010
Exceptional school, for exceptional children and responsible, sensible parents. Top academics by test scores, safe environment Not suitable for everyone especially low discipline families and underachievers, who may find public schools a safe heaven.

Arizona Cultural Academy 3

Posted March 01, 2010
The teachers are qualified, but as mentioned by previous reviewer, they have favorites. They give more attention and care to some students than other ones. ACA has good curriculum and good teaching method. Remember, as parents, you have to be active because if you are not teacher's friends or your kids are not teacher's favorite, surely they will only give little attention or even ignore you and your kids.

Arizona Cultural Academy
7810 South 42nd Place, Phoenix, AZ  85042
Last modified Arizona Cultural Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Arizona Cultural Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top