Posted April 02, 2014
Horseshoe Trails is an amazing school teaching Mandarin Chinese as a world language and has The Best Principal, actually she was voted National Distinguished Principal of the Year in 2013 !! Most of the teachers have Gifted Certification and many have Masters degrees in Curriculum & Instruction, they know how to teach ALL the kids using many different teaching styles to compliment the kids various learning styles. These students are kind and care about one another with behavior problems corrected quickly as a team effort between teacher, principal and parents. The Choral program is outstanding. I can't say enough about how elated our daughter is to go to school each day and the schools AIMS scores show that this A+ rated school knows how to get the STEM concepts through to each student. So glad we found Horseshoe Trails - This school is Terrific !!

Posted August 22, 2013
Horseshoe Trails is an amazing school! With an award winning principal and at least 18 Gifted Certified teachers, my children have exceeded all expectations here. I have had 4 children attend this school since it opened and each and every year the teachers have always shown excellent communication skills, compassion and a true love of teaching. My children are learning Mandarin Chinese, and still have all the encore classes, including Art, Music, P.E., and time for library and computers! The school is striving continuously to introduce technology for each and every classroom. If you ask my kids, they will tell you this school is the "best ever!" As a parent, I appreciate that the PTO supports and addresses many concerns school have these days with funding and keeping our school community spirit alive.

Posted April 12, 2013
Love this school. Fantastic Principal, amazing teachers, very engaged and active PTO, EXCELLENT programs including an A+ rated unique horsemanship program which is centred around character building; Love and Logic focused. Each child is treated as an individual and their needs are catered to on that basis. Extremely pleased with this school. Would recommend it to anyone.

Posted February 20, 2013
Horseshoe Trails is a great school with the most amazing leadership and wonderful caring staff. Mrs. Marlow and her office staff always greet youI and make you feel welcome when entering the school. I have had my children at this school for the last 7 years and have had am amazing experience with both teachers and families. They education they provide is the best and the teachers really care about their students. You can't ask for much more than that! The horsemanship program is great for the students and they love it. What better way to teach citizenship. The parents who help run this program dedicate their time to help each and every student. We also have the Mandarin language being taught which my children like and are learning a lot! HTES is a great school!!

Horseshoe Trails Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2012
I love the review about the character building programs they have....Then a lot of parents and children need to enroll in these classes at this school because apparently its not sinking in! We have another year of drama, the moms who are getting involved in the drama is ridiculous. The fairness and problem solving goes to those parents who put up the most money and whine the most. I am disappointed in what has gone on and I am now searching to remove my child and put them somewhere where there is true character building and learning values that are important which is not currently being role modeled by a lot of kids. AMAZING how many bullies and that speaks for the parents as well as the students.

Posted November 20, 2012
Our families experience at Horseshoe Trails has been AMAZING! The dedicated principal and teachers are exceptional! They genuinely care about the students and the progress of each individual student. Along with the outstanding academics they also have a character building program. This program teaches the students about trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and about being a good citizen. I am thankful that the school recognizes that being a good person is also important. We are grateful to be a part of Horseshoe Trails along with all the wonderful families and students!

Posted November 19, 2012
We have been an HTES family for 7 years. I have had nothing but positive experiences with the teachers and principal. They have been involved and caring in my childrens education as well as social and emotional development. I also had an incident with bullying and they were very involved in helping identify who was involved and correcting the behavior. Every year each teacher has gone above and beyond for my kids. Even though CCUSD is small- the dedication to the kids here is HUGE! I am proud of this district and the people that work here.

Posted August 10, 2012
My daughter just started 2nd grade and has been at HTES since Kinder. She has had excellent teachers that are all true professionals and caring individuals. We have felt that each teacher works to understand the individual child and help them become the best they can be. The principal was outstanding when we had a bullying issue and worked with our very young child to identify the "bully" and help the other child correct the behavior. My daughter reads far ahead of her grade level and is supported by the teachers to continue to excel in this area, while also giving her the extra help she needs in math. She comes home everyday happy and thriving. This is an excellent school with amazing teachers, staff, and administration. My inlaws have commented that my daughter's homework is far more extensive and difficult than what another grandchild brings home from a different valley district. We are extremely pleased with HTES.

Posted December 30, 2011
As a parent that formerly sent their child to an accredited private school back west, I feel that HTES is comparable to a private school education. We came to the school for the gifted program and to continue the academic rigor that my children were already used to. The school is 14-17% gifted and a good majority of the teachers are gifted educated or gifted endorsed. There are caveats to choosing a public education vs. private education. For a public school that cannot be selective of their students, HTES lives up to "excelling" grade.

Posted November 16, 2011
This is an excellent school. Our daughter needed an IEP, and they made sure that she had everything she needed. Mrs. Marlow really cares about her students and their well-being. It is too bad the Cave Creek area keeps shooting down the bonds, because it will make the schools suffer eventually.

Horseshoe Trails Elementary School
5405 E. Pinnacle Vista Drive, Phoenix, AZ  85085
(480) 575-2021
Last modified Horseshoe Trails Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horseshoe Trails Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.