School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Horseshoe Trails is so very proud of the strong culture of academic excellence, character building, and positive relationships on our campus. The generous and supportive parents at Horseshoe Trails work with the dedicated and hard-working staff to meet the needs of each individual child. If you are interested in learning more about Horseshoe Trails Elementary School, call or email me to set up a tour! Matt Schenk // Principal // mschenk@ccusd93.org // 480 272 8500
February 20, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 04, 2016
Thank you to Ms. Hammersmark and Ms. Hoffman for taking such good care of our library and working so hard to keep it available to our students when they need to take AR tests or find a book for the weekend. You help develop a love of reading and we are grateful!

Horseshoe Trails Elementary School 5

Posted April 18, 2016
I have 3 children at HTES, and I continue to be impressed with so, so many things. Alisa Gould (reading specialist) is AMAZING!!!! Every teacher we have had over the years has been awesome! They work together to help my/our children to succeed. Especially considering that funding is such a huge problem, this school has done so extremely well in having the children continue to get music, art, and PE. Then they just go above and beyond by offering Mandarin, a full library, and horsemanship......WOW! I absolutely love this school!!!! !

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 18, 2016
I'm not sure where to begin: Thank you: Alisa Gould Fioramonti Zoerb Harrison Alford May Gilkey Borth Nan Sharon Many parents Encore Library I would go on, but I think I've run out of room!

Horseshoe Trails Elementary School
Amount of homework: no rating

- a school leader
Homework should reinforce the learning that occurred at school. Homework should never be a burden to families or students. At Horseshoe Trails Elementary School, students are only assigned homework as practice of skills they learned in school. Teachers are available before school to help support or reinforce any concept a child may be struggling with. Many students take advantage of this before school "reach and teach" for additional enrichment in their learning experience.

Develops honesty: no rating

- a school leader
Students, staff, and parents love our TRRFCC Horsemanship Program! Students in grades 3-5 at Horseshoe Trails learn character education, participate in team building, and develop problem solving skills through our unique equine program.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 19, 2016
Absolutely!!! The TRRFCC horsemanship program is not only fun and exciting for all the students, but teaches students about all levels of respect in creative ways! My kids know, understand and can explain what all these levels of respect are: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, citizenship. Brilliant, HTES!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 19, 2016
The student are challenged to their ability levels by their teachers. My children learn in different ways and the teachers teach on choice boards, and multiple intelligence strategies so all children can succeed. I have seen my own children complete different homework assignments in the same classes - because they learn differently. Mr. Schenk absolutely makes sure his teachers all teaching to the individual child!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 19, 2016
Our fabulous and involved principal, Mr. Schenk, is determined that each child succeed in his/her own way. My children learn at different levels and each one is challenged to succeed at their personal best! Mr. Schenk is present on campus and knows all the students by name. He makes sure each child is getting the education they need to be achievers. So many opportunities for success offered at this school in many areas of academics, enrichment, and activities. Cannot rate highly enough!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 17, 2016
In response to the parent who said that our new principal Mr. Schenk did not handle a bullying issue well - is inaccurate. Mr. Schenk is very supportive, professional and on top of every situation. He has filled the large shoes of Mrs. Marlow in every way. I have two students at this school and another incoming in the Fall and I would not consider another school. I have pride in my school. My kids have had the BEST teachers every year and have positive experiences every single day! We did NOT have a exodus of talent as mentioned before. We have the best teachers at HTES. We have top notch programming and support services. I highly recommend HTES to any parent considering this school.

5405 E. Pinnacle Vista Drive, Phoenix, AZ  85085
Last modified Horseshoe Trails Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.