Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
After care: No

Posted September 26, 2014
This school is the best school I've ever been to I missed this school so much I hope I come back to this school THANK YOU SSA-PHOENIX FROM:ALI TYURANOV 2009-2013

Posted March 03, 2014
SSA-Phoenix is a terrific charter school, offering parents a public option to all the school choices in Phoenix. The parent community is outstanding - very engaged students. Teachers are experienced energetic and engaged as well. The class sizes are one of a few reasons I picked Sonoran Science Academy Phoenix. The leadership is very strong. Submitted by a parent

Sonoran Science Academy - Phoenix 4

Posted September 26, 2013
This school has a huge multicultural community in a low demographic area. Each teacher is highly qualified and has compassion for this school. Although we are a Title 1 School and do not have many supplemental resources, everyone tries their hardest and works best with what they have. The Common Core Curriculum is used and each student is learning to their highest potential.

Posted September 26, 2013
The teachers in this school know what they are doing. Students always engaged with science-math and technology. The school offers computer science class to all grades K-12. This is unbelievable. Your kids begin to learn computer in kindergarten. The school, especially SSA-PHX has multicultural student structure. There are students from Somalia, Ethiopia, Russia and many other countries that I can't remember right now. I strongly recommend to visit the school to see the difference from other school once.

Posted September 26, 2013
Sonoran Science Academy - Phoenix is an outstanding school with a golden heart. Many of the teachers there are dedicated to the students and families and have been at this school for over 5 years. Alumni are active in the school, they donate their time to the award winning Robotics and Lego clubs. It may not be the fanciest looking school but it's heart is made of gold!

Posted August 25, 2013
Sonoran Science Academy teachers and staff are great. They are committed to the students by volunteering there time for tutoring and clubs with no cost to parents.

Posted November 16, 2012
This school provide's a safe enviroment inside the school buildings as well as outside and if something was'nt deamed safe it was soon made safe by the school. I have been to this school for a while now; the staff are all friendly in a professional manner, Excellent school, excellent parent feedback - couldn't be any better!

Posted November 15, 2012
I have two kids in this school. The teachers are very supportive and provide the right balance between education and play. I found the teaching very good and to a high standard. The special educational needs department has a specially equipped with many materials. This is a mixed school and is very multi cultural and you are able to lean a lot about the different cultures and faiths in here in the US which allows kids to get a broader and more open minded view of kids and other peoples faith and cultures. Great School, Great Teachers with High Standards of Education.

Posted November 14, 2012
I've been here for four years and really, I'm glad I have had the opportunity to attend such a school. The teachers are helpful in that they get to spend lots of time with their students; although it might get on some people's nerves, but they are only wishing the best for you. The education is great and improving - I am a senior and get to witness the younger students receive plenty of new programs to help them succeed. To be honest, I'm a bit jealous. Anyway, not only are we polishing SSA - Phoenix on the inside, but the appearance as well. The school's been painted to a more appropriate color, we've gotten newer, safer fences, and we are working on doing more. I hope this review will change your mind and give us a chance.

Posted November 11, 2012
I have known this school for two years and school is just doing great job. There is a diversity of students and teachers are so patient and dedicated to educate. I love the vision of the school which is STEM focused education. I feel lucky that we have this type of school in our neighborhood..

Sonoran Science Academy - Phoenix
4837 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ  85008
Last modified Sonoran Science Academy - Phoenix is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonoran Science Academy - Phoenix Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top