Phoenix, AZ

Posted August 04, 2015
My son started going there in kindergarten, he's now going in 2nd grade, I love the time the teachers take to help my son , very friendly staff, & a no bullying school helps too. I'm always telling everyone how great of a school this is, & being a no border school I recommend everyone try to get enrolled.

Posted July 16, 2015
My children have loved going to this school. I feel the teachers do a great job and love doing so. They work at making sure the kids are understanding things and give them extra help if needed. The principal is also involved a lot and makes sure things go smoothly. They do ask parents to be involved a lot but I've never felt like they looked down at me if I couldn't help. It is a very structured school and not for everyone. I think the dress code is a little strict but good. My only thing is I feel like the younger grades should be moving around more, there is a lot of desk work, and doing more group activities. Overall I think this is a great school. I am confident that my children are getting a good education.

Abraham Lincoln Traditional School
Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 16, 2015
I think there is a fair amount of homework but sometimes it can be a bit much.

Abraham Lincoln Traditional School 1

Posted February 03, 2015
When my son was in preschool I'd done a considerable amount of homework in researching the best elementary school around our area. This school was by far among the top for "public schools" (I use that term loosely). I put my son in this school and thought it was great the first year, however, my family and I noticed significant changes to the treatment of our son from one year to the next. You see, the school is largely funded from a non-profit "parent ran" PTO called the "Guild." There is heavy emphasis placed on you as a parent to be involved with this non-profit regularly, however, as a young professional and being a dual income family of professionals my lady and I found it extremely difficult to do much for the school. Long story short, because of our inability to donate our time or money to their non-profit we noticed an immediate change in the way our son was treated, and measures were taken to try and have him removed from the school in an administrative way so that it looked right on the records.. Our negative experience goes far beyond this but I'll leave it at this.......
5 people found this helpful

Abraham Lincoln Traditional School 1

Posted September 21, 2014
This is a decent school UNLESS you have more than 1 child. There is not nearly enough parking at the school so they remedied this by having release times 40 minutes apart for K-2 and 3-8. This is the only school in the district that does this. They will not let you wait in the cafeteria or playground if you have a younger child waiting for an older one. Your options are to use the pay per hour child care provided on campus or sit in the car and wait 40 minutes...

Posted April 17, 2014
My grandson changed schools this year and has been extremely happy here. His last school was a little harder but the kids were all snobs. This school has been the best thing for him all around.

Posted January 17, 2014
I am very happy with this school. My child is a first grader this year and although she was struggling in the beginning, her teacher was there to help us guide her in the right direction. My child started tutoring and the teacher would sit with us regularly to check on her progress. She is now right on track and feeling confident in her skills. Parents and teachers alike are very enjoyable and ready to work together from my experience.

Abraham Lincoln Traditional School 2

Posted November 19, 2013
To the comment below VVV. That is awesome how your daughters are doing extremely well and you work with them. Take in to consideration the struggling student who gets help before school, during school, after school, and at home and the weekends. Not every child is perfect and children learn at different paces. I'm sure if your child was struggling and not so smart, you'd feel the stress as the parent and your child would feel down. You are having a great experience, because your children are above grade level. A real teacher can handle teaching different levels of kids and be capable of leading the class in a positive manner. This school is has great kids who have parents that care about their education and that is what is well-liked about this school. However, certain classroom instruction needs a bit of tweaking and adjustments. Children should not feel "not smart enough". Children this young need to be built in to confident individuals.

Posted November 06, 2013
Both of my daughters go to this school and we are more than happy. The teachers are great and have never had a problem and the Principal is fantastic, she cares about the kids and the school and does every thing she can to communicate with the parents. The dress code may be strict to some but it is needed and also parent interaction with your child AFTER school and even before is very important which is what ALTS pushes. We have three years of this school in our lives and are very impressed and could not be happier. As parents you also have to be fully involved with your child's development in school and not just depend on that school to substitute all parental involvement. It is a bi racial school that is a plus with everyone there with the same mind set, discipline, morals and education which prepares your child for the future . ALTS, is strict but so is the world and it prepares our children for that world and has an environment that has the focus on education. If one feels this is not what they want then ALTS is not for you. Through hard work both of kids are straight A students and are at a higher level than they would be at your standard public schools.

Abraham Lincoln Traditional School 2

Posted October 29, 2013
On a good note this school has structure and great curriculum, but if your child is not up to pace with the others they make you feel like they are a burden to the class. If your child is smart this is a great place where they will feel the welcoming spirit and praise. If your child is not smart, then they will soon feel unwelcomed. This school needs to focus on a variety of students not just the specific student. I think they need aides in the class to assist the teacher, so every child can stay on track and not get left behind and feel horrible about not keeping up with the rest.

Abraham Lincoln Traditional School
10444 N 39th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85051
Last modified Abraham Lincoln Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abraham Lincoln Traditional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 165 reviews. Top