Posted July 23, 2015
We have had our kids at St. John Bosco for over 10 years. We have been extremely happy with the curriculum, community and faith formation. It's hard to know how well one's children are doing until they leave the school. One of our kids graduated a few years ago (the others are still at SJB), and she is doing very well. She is excelling in an all honors program at a Catholic high school. This is due to the excellent study skills and preparation she received at SJB. I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants a challenging academic environment combined with a warm and supportive community. Teachers and parents really care at SJB.

Posted July 10, 2015
We love this school! We have had our children attending St. John Bosco for 6 years and we will not consider going anywhere else. Our children have flourished in all areas - academically, socially and personally. The community is outstanding, gathering in prayer and support for anyone that needs it. I have never experienced any problems with cliques and have felt welcomed by everyone on campus. I feel like I can approach anyone on campus from administrators, to teachers, to parents. My children have also made some amazing lifelong friends. The test scores are high and only continue to get better. Teachers and administrators continue to develop new programs for more targeted learning for each level of students (I know because my children are directly effected). All of our teachers have cared a great deal about our individual students. SJB students go on to great high schools and colleges. We are not a wealthy family and we make sacrifices to send our children to this school. We have never felt like we don't belong or like we aren't valued as members of the community. I have asked my children and they tell me they cannot imagine going to a school where they can't talk about Jesus, pray with their class and for their friends publicly, or go to Mass with their friends and teachers. To us, that is just as important as academics. SJB provides a well-rounded education that we know will contribute to our children becoming well-rounded, well-formed adults. We really do love this school.

Posted June 28, 2015
I am reading some of these reviews and I am truly baffled. I am absolutely shocked that this amazing school only has 3 STARS!!!! I consider myself an involved parent that is on campus, in the classroom, and involved with many extracurricular activities. I can honestly say that I cannot imagine my children going to a better school. For us, this is the best!!! The curriculum is challenging, but not so intense that they are doing 3 hours of homework each night.. The community feel is absolutely amazing!!! I have never met a group of people so friendly and welcoming. The teachers are caring, yet have high expectations of their students. The new administration has been a welcome change. We have 2 children who have been at this school for a total of 8 years. They are both hard working, faithful, caring, giving, and confident. I also have to say this. This past school year, the new administration sent out a parent satisfactory survey. They shared the results at a "State of the School" meeting in the Spring. The overwhelming majority of the responses were highly satisfied in all categories. Everyone I chat with is highly satisfied with SJB and can't imagine sending their child (ren) anywhere else. Again I say, I am completely baffled as to how this amazing school only has 3 Stars! (Actually, I think a few disgruntled parents, which ALL schools have, have brought our score down). I HIGHLY recommend this school, and if the thought of paying tuition makes you nervous, there are SO many ways to make it work. Contact the school and they will help you. You will not regret it!!!

Posted June 25, 2015
We have been blessed to be a part of St. John Bosco for over ten years. The community is loving, the teachers are compassionate, and the administration is continually striving to provide the best education to the students. I can't say enough wonderful things about SJB.

Posted June 24, 2015
Catholic faith community centered around Christ and the Catholic faith. Warm teaching environment and community. Academics are impressive and test scores are high. Wonderful new administration and staff. So blessed to be at SBJ!

St. John Bosco Catholic School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 24, 2015
The teachers at St. John Bosco are effective, kind, and loving. Each student is able to learn to their highest potential in a safe learning environment. We are blessed to be a part of the wonderful community.

Posted June 24, 2015
St. John Bosco is a community that I'm proud my children are a part of. We have been there through different administrations and I like the direction that the school is headed. My children are getting a great education and there are lots of opportunities outside of the classroom as for the students to grow personally and academically. When we started at SJB the public schools in our neighborhood were cutting libraries, music, art and PE. At St. John Bosco they have these and also Spanish starting in Kindergarten. When the kids get in the upper grades the students are really challenged to be hard workers and good students. This whole child approach creates a work ethic and kindness that will serve them well in high school, college and in their adult life. We are extremely pleased with the education that St. John Bosco provides and my children in involved in a community where they know they are cared for by everyone on campus.

Posted June 23, 2015
Great faith filled community! The school provides the right amount of math, english and catecism in the school!

Posted June 23, 2015
St. John Bosco is a fantastic place to learn!! My children have been attending there since they began Kindergarten. They are happy and proud to be students at SJB. They are challenged and their academic needs are consistently met by their teachers, support staff, and administration. As with any school, there a problems, however, the students, community, and above all, our Catholic Faith remain a priority. Our family was faced with moving out of state. When we weighed the pros and cons of leaving, we found that staying in Arizona so our kids could finish out their K-8 education at SJB was very important to us. Part of why we didn't move was to keep out kids at SJB. When compared with our public school friends, our kids are offered many more advantages like arts, music, and sports. Any kid would be lucky to be a student at SJB and new families are always welcomed!

St. John Bosco Catholic School 1

Posted June 22, 2015
Parents get that SJB needs money to support changes in technology but there's too much focus on fundraising, partying, and socializing, and less discussion on academic standards. Even though Catholic leaders tried to change the culture that Catholics are not all about wealth and money, this school has regressed. SJB needs more meetings and activities related to strengthening SJB's curriculum and less about fundraising and socializing! We need new leaders who are selfless and who are really concerned about the welfare of the students. Leaders who know what Catholic school culture should be, leaders who know what an excellent curriculum looks like, leaders who are open to feedback and leaders who know how to be good Catholics first. SJB Administration is not open to feedback and constructive criticism from parents who are concerned about their kids and the school. SJB is full of cliques, with parents acting like mean girls who buzz around like Queen Bees like they own stocks at SJB. Not a good role model for Catholic students. The moms club needs serious rebranding! Of the hundreds of parents, very few want to join the clubs because they are not seen as high value but just a source of politics and bullying. There seems to be poor leadership from the top to the to the Board level. The Administration still insists what they think is best for the school and with what's happening nothing is working. The people being forced by Administration to join that team are just warm bodies occupying positions are the same people this school just reshuffling from other clubs in the school - the same people over and over again. People who have no idea about strategies and vision are being placed to lead those discussions. Parents are wondering on what happened to SJB since the change in Administration. It used to be one of the best schools with a real Catholic feel and environment. Please parents out there, don't enroll your kids at this school! Just like one of the parent's comments here, we're praying and hoping that the diocese will notice and do something about it.

St. John Bosco Catholic School
16035 S 48th St., Phoenix, AZ  85048
Last modified St. John Bosco Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. John Bosco Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 161 reviews. Top