Posted August 14, 2014
Great School! The faculty and staff are very welcoming. Even with all the new changes, I like the direction the school is moving in. The new leadership is already showing good results in implementing the newest educational technology. AND what thrill that each day my child is excited to go to school.

Posted July 24, 2014
New Administration is very poor and no patience to listen to small kids and parents problems. My kids suffered a lot at the elementary and the kindergarten is terrible. Some parents are too involved into the school and the other kids suffers a lot due to their favoritism and their involvement at the school. Administration has partiality in resolving problems and you are not welcome to make such complaints.

St. John Bosco Catholic School 2

Posted June 02, 2014
If you have a special needs child, read further. My family has been at this school for several years. Love the community spirit of families, and the faith based learning. However, I disagree with the information posted by the school that this school is able to assist students with special needs. My child has a physical disability recognized under the ADA. Administration is reminded annually that my child has a physical disability, and it is duly noted on the health record, yet there has annually never been ANY collaboration whatsoever with administration, health office and faculty to provide assistance. Instead, I have to contact each and every teacher to discuss the situation individually, hoping to get some small assistance. Weeks into the school year, one or more has forgotten about the special circumstances. Grades are impacted, tears are shed, but we have accepted this as the unfortunate result of not having gone with a public school where these situations are handled in a structured method by law. If the new administration wants to make an impact, they need to do a far better job in a COLLABORATIVE effort to assist students with special needs.

Posted May 28, 2014
The new administration is the BEST thing to happen to the school. They are making changes and implementing new programs from technology to language arts and computerized assessment testing for a far more accurate read on how individual students are performing -- SJB is the only Catholic school doing this. We have been at the school for a few years and I've never seen such innovative thinking AND making things happen at the curriculum level -- this is refreshing and impressive for a new administration that has only been in place for one year. It's human nature to resist change. This is truly the best time to be at St. John Bosco Catholic School.

Posted May 27, 2014
The new administration has no direction and extremely poor communication with parents. I have been sending my child here for years, and we're making a tough decision this summer about whether or not to return. The fact that there was a new priest as well as new principal and assistant principal all over the same summer was problematic. I don't think the new administration understands the community one iota, nor do they seem to care to. The new principal is even less accessible than the prior one if that's even imaginable. Emails go unanswered, no one is accountable. I don't think the quality of education measures up to the price of tuition. The main problems at Bosco have been exacerbated this school year, and so far the only major change I'm seeing is in the dress code of all things.

Posted March 30, 2014
I go to St. John Bosco, I am a new student and I was very pleased with the school before I actually went there. The kids were mean until I finally fit in almost at the end of the year. Some of the teachers were ok. But the unreasonableness of the awful new administration is astounding, I went to a public school before I moved to St. John Bosco and I honestly think I learned more at my public school. Teachers and administration use unfair and extreme punishments and is over all ridiculous. The parents are jokes they are so involved in their kids lives they literally harass and text other students about their personal lives. DO NOT come to this school, kids who have been there since kindergarten have told me that the school is getting worse and worse. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY there are many other schools out there that are better than St. John Bosco, coming here is a huge waste of time and money the students staff and parents are ridiculous and the school is over all awful.

Posted March 19, 2014
Great School! Love the community feel. The new leadership is headed in the right direction. Concerned about academic scores as compared to other private schools. Needs higher scores in Math.

Posted March 14, 2014
The leadership at this school is under change and you do not want to get stuck in the middle of their identity crisis. The parent community is good and there are some good teachers. However they don't communicate well at all. They also allow kids to be rude, disruptive and disrespectful (Not at all what you would expect from a Catholic school)

Posted March 14, 2014
This school promises so much and falls short of everything. They have no leadership. The parent community is their strongest piece. They have no consistency amongst teachers and don't pay any attention to parents feedback or comments.

St. John Bosco Catholic School 5

Posted September 25, 2013
Great school. Great Community. Great Environment. We are very happy we selected Bosco for our children.

St. John Bosco Catholic School
16035 S 48th St., Phoenix, AZ  85048
Last modified St. John Bosco Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. John Bosco Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 72 reviews.