Bad
Good

Posted July 27, 2014
I've been going to Amberlea since kindergarten, they have taught me so we'll. So yes the school may have some mistakes, but it is a great school the teachers Are very caring! It's going to be my last year & it's very sad because I've know some of these teachers that long! We'll I'm sure if your child comes to Amberlea, He'll love it. He just has to focus. It's not the school, it's you, yourself.

Amberlea Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2014
Horrible school, teachers are not interesting in students progress, not helping students at all. I would not go there again if it was the last school on earth. There is a lot of bulling going on , the education level is low teachers give students homework once a month.

Amberlea Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
My granddaughter will be going into the second grade there this year. I have found that the teachers there strive for your child to be their very best.You don't find that in a lot of schools anymore. Something that is very much needed for any child.

Posted October 18, 2010
My children have been attending this school since it opened, I've known the principal since she was at another school at the district and she is excellent, at first the learning and curriculum was slow, but that was due to all the new staff, some of the teachers from other schools in the district came to Amberlea and have made the school all the better. It's an excellent school with excellent teachers and administrators.

Amberlea Elementary School 2

Posted July 25, 2010
The lady principal at this school was very rude to me when it came to my daughter getting into a fight with another student. When I tried to ask this principal questions she had a attitude with every question and just wanted to speak about my child so now I'm in the process of locating a new school for my daughter.

Amberlea Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2010
My duaghter attended this school and everyone was very rude plus there learning progran is really bad the teacher rarely give homework and i hope you think twice about makeing your child attend to your school!!!

Amberlea Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2010
Let's talk about the uniform policy. I realize that given the area we live in and the need for intelligent children, that there needs to be a policy. The issue I see daily is there is no reinforcement from teachers and staff. I see kids everyday in uniforms that do not meet the standard put in writing. For instance the video on the website shows the boys looking like they should, but the girls need to work on their choices. One girl was wearing 'skinny' pants that were clearly not part of the policy and another was wearing a shirt that was too tight. If you are going to have policies inforce them. I have also seen kids wearing regular clothes on school days that are not dress down days. Also, i disagree with teachers having students call their parents when an occurance happens.

Amberlea Elementary School 3

Posted November 13, 2009
My child attended school here for 3 years. The schools reading & testing levels have always been below the standards. I think the teachers are awesome people but perhaps introducing stronger reading & learning programs will help the students. Since her move to a new school, I can tell that Amberlea is lagging in technology. They have no computer labs, no smart board, no teacher parent communication (New schools have teachers email parents weekly with progress reports). Not to mention no after school activities. Wearing a t-shirt every Wednesday is not preparing them for college. Not to mention the mile wide apartments that newly opened across the street has taken the student-teacher ratio to an extreme high. Please research cautiosly before enrollling your child. You do have other options.

Posted November 04, 2009
It has brought back my child's love for learning, reading, and attending school. The curriculum,the atmosphere is very positive, supportive, and a good influence for my child. This is a wonderful school and it encourages every student that they must attend college, that they are smart no matter what and that they have the capability of learning regardless of all obstacles.

Amberlea Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2009
The staff at Amberlea are kind and caring adults who want the children at the school to succeed. The teachers do their best to work with the parents to help the kids. The Principal and Assistant Principal are fair in their discipline and are always willing to speak with parents.

Amberlea Elementary School
8455 West Virginia Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85037
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.
Last modified Amberlea Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.