Posted May 27, 2014
if you value your childs self confidence don't send them here! the teacher made my son feel as tho he was stupid and told him he was not going to make it to second grade he was so hurt and would call himself stupid all the time. my son has adhd and the teachers don't know how to help them they will be known as "trouble makers" they will not get the help they deserve. also i have seen most of the teachers get in the faces of the kids and yell at them.KIDS SHOULD EVER BE TREATED THIS WAY! to make it worse my son stays after school sometimes to get picked up 30mins after school one day i thought my son went missing from there no one knew where he was at NO1 WAS WORRIED THAT A CHILD WAS MISSING i call the front office and the lady up there is culesless of everything she was not worried that no one knew where my son was the school is so unorganized that we found him in classroom that he was sent to no one could tell me why the kids after school get sent to different places all the time and why no one keeps track of who goes where. scariest time of my life. so if you still consider this school think about it your child could go missing and no one will know there gone till you get there

Imagine Desert West Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2014
I cannot tell express the gratitde I have for this school. My children have not only grown academically but socially over the past year. My children came from a traumatic and horrible homelife with their father and the teachers and administration have worked with me and them to ensure they are comfortable,safe and loved. I love this school and so do they. The teachers are by far top notch.

Imagine Desert West Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2014
Here at this school, i have not had any issues toward this school. In exclusive this is my childs first year attending this school so far is good, like the way his teacher is teaching him. Before here he didnt write, well expressed himself and now he write lil paragraphs cuz his 6 he write more then usual. He reads more, and loves math. Yes, the front desk lady needs more addittude, looks like she dont like her job, and looks like she doesnt know. As far as ID's i havent seen them as for one, but maybe because i allways go pick up my child....

Posted May 23, 2013
Imagine Schools at Desert West 6738 West McDowell Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85035 Horrible! You call the office and the lady that works the front office never has a clue about anything you ask her. The principal never calls you back when you leave him a message about an issue you are having. Totally not recommend this "school".

Imagine Desert West Elementary School 5

Posted January 15, 2013
I strongly disagree with the previous review. So mich so that I joined here just to comment. Over crowding of classrooms isnt a Desert West problem. Its every school in America. Compared to schools in the area DW has decent sizes. My sons class only has 20 kids. And their teacher is great! As far as yelling, never had an issue. Except once..one teacher yelled at a student during dismissal. Because the kid ran infront of a car. If that was my child. Id be happy.

Posted January 09, 2013
when the school first opened the staff was great the classes were small the students got the attention they needed. fast forward different staff and the classes are overcrowded. its a complete mess. when I walk down the hallways to drop off my kids at class I hear teachers yelling and kids crying either because their teachers are mean and overload them with work or the teachers yelling because they cant control their class. do you remember teachers yelling at you in elementary? I sure don't. my kids are terrified of either their teachers or staff at the school. I have tried contacting the principal with my concerns since December and have gotten the runaround. this school lacks communication between parents and their educators. If you honestly care about your children and want the best education for them and want caring and communicative school staff this is NOT the school for them.

Imagine Desert West Elementary School 0

Posted September 26, 2010
My child has been with them since it first opened in 2006 when she began kindergarten, some of the staff that is still there from when my child knows have been very caring and compassionate to her emotional needs and are dedicated to make sure she gets the best education ever. And Mr. V is the best pricipal that has ever been in that school.I give this school an A+.

Imagine Desert West Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2009
I love this school. I like the small class sizes and I believe they have a big concern about safety which is great. My daughter's aunt had to pick her up one day instead of me and had a hard time picking her up. I was a little upset at first, but then realized it's all about safety!!

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted June 05, 2009

Imagine Desert West Elementary School
6738 West McDowell Rd., Phoenix, AZ  85035
Last modified Imagine Desert West Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine Desert West Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top