Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Tell me why I haven't been excused, when my parent or guardian has called the school many times for my absences. I care not much about the lunch, but its horrible. It doesn't deserve to be payed for. The best you'll get is the uncrustables and pizza. But that's it. Teachers are the best; except (English foundations teacher..) services; absolutely terrible. I do not recommend this school to you. You're probably better off Siera Linda or Trevor and what not, if you are near those that is.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

While I agree, there is a therapist who does care about other students. No one really gets bullied. I just don't think the office/staff really care.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I feel like i'm not learning enough. In fact; not a lot really. There are actually a lot of left out classes. With only 4 periods.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Develops character: Disagree

The most respect you'll get is out of the teachers. Good luck on that.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are the best. Except English foundations. She asks for respect, but then gets the whole class's attention towards the one student and makes a rude remark. Which is why 75% of freshmen strongly dislike her. Other teachers are really cools to talk too. (P.s. the teachers don't like it there either.)

Amount of homework: Agree

Nothing to say, homework is homework. What you'll get is varied on the teacher. You either get a lot or just a sheet. It's a highschool so I wouldn't be surprised.

-Students are forced to sit outside and eat everyday. If you are concerned about your child's health and well being, do not send your kids to this school! I refuse to send my child to this school and it makes me wonder about the other parents who send their children here. The ratings are great and it seems like a great school as far as the curriculum goes however I will not jeopardize my child's health or well being. I initially called the school to obtain info after reading good reviews on line. The lady I spoke to was raving about the school so I was very excited for my child. We scheduled an appointment for enrollment and I was assured I could take a tour of the school, then. When we were at the enrollment appointment, it was a very long process and we were there for several hours. We were probably the last people there however we were never given a tour of the school. Fast forward a few month later, I sent my child to their Future Freshman Academy. When she returned home, I became aware that this school doesn't have a cafeteria. The kids are forced to sit outside and eat in the sweltering heat for 45 minutes!! We live in Arizona where temperatures reach to nearly 122 degrees! Not to mention the school has over 400 students with 1 lunch hour, they have a small courtyard outside with probably like 8 tables and some benches. I was very upset so I called the school to confirm and they advised that yes, the kids are required to sit outside during their lunch period. I suggested the students should be allowed to eat their lunch in the classrooms. I asked if they had misters outside and she advised they don't. I asked where does the faculty eat? *Inside but "sometimes" they go and eat outside. She also mentioned they would accommodate my child and allow my child to eat inside the office. What student would want to eat in the office? That's normally where they send the bad kids to eat. Anyhow, I called the following day to advise my daughter wouldn't be returning and all they said was okay, no questions asked. I'm under the impression I'm not the first parent to question them.

I graduated from SRHS in 2012 and this school really does pushes their students to do their very best.

My daughter had struggled with math for the past 2 years. Upon becoming a freshman at South Ridge this year, within 2 months she finally feels confident about understanding math, particularly advanced algebra. And that's without special tutoring. The programs and attention at this school are wonderful. I'm happy to have my daughter be a part of South Ridge High.

Last modified South Ridge High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.