Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
After care: No

Posted November 19, 2014
I graduated from SRHS in 2012 and this school really does pushes their students to do their very best.

Posted October 26, 2014
My daughter had struggled with math for the past 2 years. Upon becoming a freshman at South Ridge this year, within 2 months she finally feels confident about understanding math, particularly advanced algebra. And that's without special tutoring. The programs and attention at this school are wonderful. I'm happy to have my daughter be a part of South Ridge High.

South Ridge High School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
I had heard good things about this school but so far the experience there has not been good. From having a bad long term sub to multiple issues with bus routes and getting students to class on time; if I knew about these issues before my student would NOT be going here. I do not recommend this school to other families.

Posted June 28, 2013
South Ridge has been more than just a school too me for the last four years. It has been my home. A home where every single studetn has been valued as an equal, a home where every staff and teacher has guided be to the correct course. I have grown up with a graduating class that has learned from the bottom what it means to be a contributing member of society. Each and every action that I do after the school will not only better me as a person but will soon better society as a whole. South Ridge is filled with my heart with warm memories and experiences. It was a fun four years with the proper amount of growth on my mind. The school has created varies oppertunities for me that make my future bright and successful. SouthRidge is the place I will always remember for not only being oneof the greatest high schools ever, but for being one of the most comforting homes ever.

Posted July 03, 2012
This school is great! I attended South Ridge for all four years and with the dedicated staff I have grown so much. Whenever you need help the teachers are always there; and also the great office staff helps students make an easier transition from high school to college; and with the high standards on academics it ensures that you excel in college. Thanks to South Ridge I have made a smooth transition to college with a scholarship that will pay for my tuition.

South Ridge High School 2

Posted June 12, 2012
This school year has been filled with many changes at the school. As a parent I am not sure the changes have been for the better. I have noticed a more relaxed attitude that, in my opinion, will not push students to do their best. Before my child knew that everyone, from the teachers to administration, would be on him if he did not do homework or follow the rules. It seems this current administration is more worried about changing dress code policies and having tank-top tuesdays than keeping the rigor that I always appreciated. I am researching other schools in the area that are keeping up with the college preparatory curriculum and may withdrawing my son. I would encourage others to really do their research and think hard before sending their child to this school.

South Ridge High School 4

Posted April 30, 2012
I feel that the school is lacking without the leadership of former principal Clark. While the new principal certainly has a plan...I think....I'm not sure if South Ridge will prepare students for college and life-long learning as the former principal did. The atmosphere of the school now, is much more "laid-back" so to speak and the air of expectation has changed. I'm glad to see more emphasis on athletic programs, but I would hate to see the culture change from "what students need" to "what students want."

Posted January 28, 2011
I went to this school back in 2006. I was the first graduating senior class. I still visit this school today because it was the best I ever been too. Its very safe,challenging, and fun to be there. Both teachers and principal (Clark) wants the best for each students on campus. They like to push each students to do better because they believe all children can be very successful. I'm deaf I was pushed to succeed and was never picked on by others. I was well respected by all that surrounded me. I definately recommend any parent to send their child here for the best. I hope I can send my son there when he gets old enough :)

Posted January 17, 2011
Yeah srhs is a small high school with little over 500 people, but this school by far is the best school I have ever been to in phoenix. They won't take falling as an option, they teachers truly do care, and the principal is the best principal any school could ever had. Every students opinion is welcomed. The students are all friendly and welcoming. I love this school. Its the best school ever created...beside harvard. Yeah it might not have a gym or aditorium but it doesn't matter cause its not needed. I would recommened this school to every teen who plan on doing something big with there life.

South Ridge High School 0

Posted April 04, 2010
It is true that this school cares about its reputation. However, don't we all? The reputation at SRHS is one defined by great students, great teachers, and a superb administration. I am tempted to say that it goes beyond a reputation and is truly a fact. The reason why we have this reputation, and most importantly the reason why we take of it is because we all- everyone- works hard to make SRHS a place where kids who would otherwise not be pushed and allowed to reach their highest potential, a place where they can, and do just that. There are some things that students know SRHS does not have, such as a gym. Yet, once a new student is completely dialed in at South Ridge. Once he/she takes his/her first class, all the trivial things lose significance. This is a school that demands industrious, passionate, and dedicated commitment from everyone.

South Ridge High School
1122 S. 67th Ave., Phoenix, AZ  85043
Last modified South Ridge High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Ridge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top