Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Wildfire Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2014
I am a public school teacher. Wildfire is a mixed bag. We got a new principal a few years ago; not warm and fuzzy (like the previous), but she hit her stride. She's very competent and learned to navigate the parents. The assistant principal is a good guy who really cares about and interacts well with the kids. My kids generally had good teachers. Ironically, I think the general ed classes are better than the honors classes. I had multiple kids go through the honors program. I was very dissatisfied. The teacher didn't teach math. The kids were self teaching with books, worksheets and Khan academy. I don't know if the honors teacher didn't know math, or didn't care. I had several conversations with other parents who felt the same way. Condescending to the parents. I made an appointment to speak with her in person, and she didn't know my child's grade and didn't care enough to look it up ahead of time. I am not even sure she had a good grasp on who my child was. Until there is a new teacher, I may not even let my kids test for honors. It is that bad. This year the class sizes seem to be a little too big. But I feel like that is more indicative of public school funding in AZ.

Posted April 17, 2014
This is such a good school and I love the teachers so so much i would rate this school one millon

Posted August 25, 2013
my school is amazing in so many ways from teaching staff to the playground I love it

Posted January 02, 2012
one of the best schools i've ever encountered. absolutely love the teachers and the principal is an amazing leader and motivator.

Posted August 12, 2011
Mrs.Bauer in Kindergarten along with Mrs. Zupke and Mrs. Clark in first grade and Mrs. Kennedy in 3rd grade are EXCEPTIONAL teachers! They go above and beyond to meet the needs of each and every student. We could not be happier! Thank you for being such an exceptional team of educators for our children. You are truly the very BEST!!!!

Posted July 17, 2011
Teachers are exceptional educators and people. Wildfire teachers teach from the heart, they excell equally at identifying the strengths and areas for growth and work to meet the needs of all the children! I'm going with it all starts with good Leadership; we have a wonderful principal who is present and in touch with the kids, teachers and families. From our janitor (BJ) to our teachers (too many to name) to our offrice staff (Carol and Terry) to our pricipal (Dr. Bales) we have the best! I feelincredibly lucky that I can send my children to school every day knowing they will be in a nurturing environment in all ways! Thank You Wildfire Staff, we love you!!

Posted April 18, 2011
Incredible Core Knowledge program which sets this school apart and provides students with a well-rounded education. Strong and dedicated staff who provide leadership and guidance as well as awesome students!

Wildfire Elementary School 0

Posted September 22, 2010
We moved to this school 3 years ago out of district to get a better education for our kids. The teachers and staff at Wildfire are the BEST they have gone above and beyond to help our kids have the best school experience they can have.

Wildfire Elementary School 3

Posted September 16, 2010
After reading the other reviews, I was very disappointed with my son's kindergarten experience. While the building is beautiful and there is spirit and activities, he did not feel good about going to school. He did not have Mrs. Bailey, whom I've heard many good things about and his teacher was not as strong. She was given 27 students (Kindergarten!!) with no aide. She relied heavily on parent volunteers to help teach. She was often flustered and seemed overwhelmed (who would't be?) I believe she did the best she could but my son, who never really liked preschool, slipped through the cracks, and cried before school every morning. At the end the teacher advised us to hold him back. Instead I switched him to a charter school, where his experience is the opposite (nurturing, attentive, rewarding and fun). His new school assured me he does not need to be held back.

Wildfire Elementary School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
My son is a student at Wildfire Elementary! He started Kindergarten in the middle of the school. My son Is a Type 1 diabetic and he also has Celiac Disease. Before I registered my son I went to meet the school nurse, Mrs Street! I figured if my son was going to be attending this school I needed to be comfortable with the staff esp te nurse! Not only did Mrs. Street help choose which teacher would be best suited for my son, she set up a daily communication plan with me and the teacher. She gave everyone on staff a photo of my son so if anyone thought he might need help with low blood sugar...she was called right away and he took priority! Ahh then there is Mrs. Bailey, my son's teacher! She is just the most wonderful teacher! She can read my son, like I read my son! She has such a unique relationship with each and every one of her kids! Then there is the front office and the aids who greet my son by name every time they see him coming! It is scary for any parent to drop their children off everyday at school and trust that they are getting the best care and education possible. We have truely been blessed with Dominic's first year in school!

Wildfire Elementary School
3997 E. Lockwood Drive, Phoenix, AZ  85050
(602) 449-2000
Last modified Wildfire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wildfire Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top