Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

The few issues that I have heard about this year have been handled swiftly, strongly, and very appropriately. Mrs. Mac is our new assistant prinicpal and she is amazing with our students. She has a way of getting the real story and acting appropriately.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

We have many programs in place for children who have learning differences. At times, I wish the district would supply more training for our para professionals, but all in all, I think it is a supportive environment.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Our new leadership, led by Mrs. Vranesh, is such a much needed positive change this year. She is visible, approachable, and has wonderful ideas! She is very supportive of the parents, staff, and students! I feel blessed that she chose our school!

Develops character: Strongly agree

We have a great program and are continuley working on integrity, compassion, and respect. We do a "make your day count" program which, when implemented correctly, is great for the students as it gives them a sense of responsibility.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My family and I have been very blessed with the teachers that our children have had. I do a lot of volunteering at the school and can say for the majority of the grades the teachers are absolutely fantastic! It's a great place to be!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I strongly feel like children should be children. I think the homework balance is apprporate. Students are expected to read/be read to every night for 20 minutes. Depending on the grade there is homework as well. Some grades give it on Monday so you can learn time management and have it ready to turn in on Friday. Other grades use planners and give homework day by day. In my opinion, its developmenatlly appropriate.

I have been at Wildfire for 5 years. We have an AMAZING new principal, vice principal, and administrative secretary this year! Our prinicpal is very approachable and really takes her job seriously. It's clear that she loves children and enjoys her job. She is everythwere...outside playing kickball, in the classroom, in her office, at dismissal...she's amazing! I can't say enough great things about this school and its new leadership!

I have been a student at Wildfire for 5 years.I am so happy with the school.My mom is the reading specialist at Wildfire.The staff are so nice and fun to be around with.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

6th grade teacher seems to not know how to handle boys. She nitpicks everything they do and aggravates them.

Lower grades: Excellent! Teachers are genuine and very caring. Upper Grades: Despicable! One teacher in particular is mean, rude and shares personal information about students with her parent friends and seems to have something against boys as she constantly picks on every little thing they do and creates a very tense environment. Principal: No Integrity!

Last modified Wildfire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.