Phoenix, AZ

Posted January 25, 2015
We moved to the neighborhood two years ago and my daughter has attended 1st grade and is now in 2nd grade at Wildfire Elementary. It is a fantastic Core Knowledge school with a highly positive environment. Teachers are well-organized, knowledgeable and caring. Parents are involved and the children are happy and engaged. My daughter is gifted and she has been in the gifted cluster classrooms. She is gifted in math but has to work extra hard to stay above grade level in reading. The teachers have been fantastic about grouping her appropriately per subject and challenging her at her level based on subject. They also have art and music in regular rotation with PE and computers which is fantastic, to support my daughter's interest in the visual and performing arts. In addition to the regular art class, they also have a fantastic Art Masterpiece program taught by PTO parents. The field trips and extracurricular offerings are top notch. They have 3 field trips per year and so far she has visited The Children's Museum of Phoenix, Butterfly Wonderland, Rawhide Western Town, and saw a play at a local theatre. We love this school and our daughter has thrived in it.

Wildfire Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2014
I am a public school teacher. Wildfire is a mixed bag. We got a new principal a few years ago; not warm and fuzzy (like the previous), but she hit her stride. She's very competent and learned to navigate the parents. The assistant principal is a good guy who really cares about and interacts well with the kids. My kids generally had good teachers. Ironically, I think the general ed classes are better than the honors classes. I had multiple kids go through the honors program. I was very dissatisfied. The teacher didn't teach math. The kids were self teaching with books, worksheets and Khan academy. I don't know if the honors teacher didn't know math, or didn't care. I had several conversations with other parents who felt the same way. Condescending to the parents. I made an appointment to speak with her in person, and she didn't know my child's grade and didn't care enough to look it up ahead of time. I am not even sure she had a good grasp on who my child was. Until there is a new teacher, I may not even let my kids test for honors. It is that bad. This year the class sizes seem to be a little too big. But I feel like that is more indicative of public school funding in AZ.

Posted April 17, 2014
This is such a good school and I love the teachers so so much i would rate this school one millon

Posted August 25, 2013
my school is amazing in so many ways from teaching staff to the playground I love it

Posted January 02, 2012
one of the best schools i've ever encountered. absolutely love the teachers and the principal is an amazing leader and motivator.

Posted August 12, 2011
Mrs.Bauer in Kindergarten along with Mrs. Zupke and Mrs. Clark in first grade and Mrs. Kennedy in 3rd grade are EXCEPTIONAL teachers! They go above and beyond to meet the needs of each and every student. We could not be happier! Thank you for being such an exceptional team of educators for our children. You are truly the very BEST!!!!

Posted July 17, 2011
Teachers are exceptional educators and people. Wildfire teachers teach from the heart, they excell equally at identifying the strengths and areas for growth and work to meet the needs of all the children! I'm going with it all starts with good Leadership; we have a wonderful principal who is present and in touch with the kids, teachers and families. From our janitor (BJ) to our teachers (too many to name) to our offrice staff (Carol and Terry) to our pricipal (Dr. Bales) we have the best! I feelincredibly lucky that I can send my children to school every day knowing they will be in a nurturing environment in all ways! Thank You Wildfire Staff, we love you!!

Posted April 18, 2011
Incredible Core Knowledge program which sets this school apart and provides students with a well-rounded education. Strong and dedicated staff who provide leadership and guidance as well as awesome students!

Wildfire Elementary School

Posted September 22, 2010
We moved to this school 3 years ago out of district to get a better education for our kids. The teachers and staff at Wildfire are the BEST they have gone above and beyond to help our kids have the best school experience they can have.

Wildfire Elementary School 3

Posted September 16, 2010
After reading the other reviews, I was very disappointed with my son's kindergarten experience. While the building is beautiful and there is spirit and activities, he did not feel good about going to school. He did not have Mrs. Bailey, whom I've heard many good things about and his teacher was not as strong. She was given 27 students (Kindergarten!!) with no aide. She relied heavily on parent volunteers to help teach. She was often flustered and seemed overwhelmed (who would't be?) I believe she did the best she could but my son, who never really liked preschool, slipped through the cracks, and cried before school every morning. At the end the teacher advised us to hold him back. Instead I switched him to a charter school, where his experience is the opposite (nurturing, attentive, rewarding and fun). His new school assured me he does not need to be held back.

Wildfire Elementary School
3997 E. Lockwood Drive, Phoenix, AZ  85050
(602) 449-2000
Last modified Wildfire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wildfire Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 79 reviews. Top