No rating

Ambassador Academy

Charter | K-5 | 47 students

Our school is best known for strong leadership character development and small c

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $150,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Sweep tile

Posted April 3, 2014

I don't know what else to say about this school that others have already mentioned. My daughter was born on 9/3/2010 and every where we went, they said she can't be in Kidengarten and was about to give up and leave her at home with our grandparents. After contacting Dr.Reyes, she invited us to tour the school and had a test for our daughter to see if she would qualify. Fortunately she qualify after she was given some test. I am so glad I didn't give up on our search. We love the teachers here and the school is such a great environment for our daughter. She has excel in so many ways that I can't even recognize her anymore. She has even requested more homework and enjoy reading. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 21, 2014

Ambassador Academy is a one of a kind school! I couldn't be happier with the education our children are receiving. They are absolutely thriving here! No need to even discuss bullying because it isn't an issue at this school. The energy is focused on learning and empowering our children to become future LEADERS in this world. Dr. Reyes has created a school with a sense of community that is simply hard to come by. I feel very blessed to have found it.

Posted December 18, 2013

We love this school! Our daughter previously attended Colina and this was the best move we ever made. The class sizes are small, providing far more one on one for each student- good for those who may be slower developing and also for those who need to be challenged. The teachers and curriculum are top notch, very involved and in consistent communication with the parents about their child s development. The leadership is also something to be recognized; Dr. Reyes does a great job of creating an environment and culture focused on character, leadership and values which is carried out in the classroom. This school is exactly what education is supposed to be and used to be in the public school system. We couldn t be happier and feel very fortunate to have found this school!

Posted September 30, 2013

Ambassador Academy is a wonderful school that provides opportunities for students to learn at their own pace, which results in a thriving, well-balanced student. The class sizes are small, which gives teachers the opportunity for some intensive one-on-one assistance.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 28, 2013

Ambassador Academy is a gem of a school! My first grader and my kindergartener are thriving at Ambassador Academy and here is why: Small teacher to student ratio. Teachers can give individual attention to each student. Every little voice is valued and heard. Where everybody knows your name. My kids can walk through the halls and five a fifth grader. Happy students, happy teachers speaks volumes about a school. Dr Reyes is a gifted educator. She knows how to support her teachers and students. A true leader grooming future leaders. The academic ability speaks for itself, Ambassador Academy is ranked #3 in the state of AZ for the combined AIMS scores. My children have blossomed in this school directly because of the above. I am one happy parent of two successful students.

Posted March 10, 2013

Love, love, love this school!! My son has just blossomed here! His teacher is awesome and works so well with him. Because the class sizes are so small, each child gets that extra attentio they all can use! What a blessing to have found this wonderful place. I just wish it went into the upper grades.

Posted February 5, 2013

My daughter loves this school and is thriving with this new learning experience. Although this is a charter school it feels more like a private school and has a low student to teacher ratio.I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 31, 2012

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Ambassador Ranked #2 in Reading for AIMS and #3 for Math in Arizona. My son is in his last year there and I'm horrified about moving him elsewhere. There is nothing like Ambassador. He's gone there from K-5 and there has never been any incidents of bullying. I love that school and don't want to leave.

Posted October 16, 2012

This is my daughter's first year at Ambassador Academy and I'm very pleased. There are only 9 other students in her classroom which is a big difference from 34 kids the last two years in other surrounding elementary schools. The atmosphere is very family friendly and Dr. Reyes is very easy to speak to regarding any questions that may come up. My daughter was bullied last year at her previous school and I'm pleased to say my daughter hasn't came home one day thus far with a complaint about a child being mean to her. Dr. Reyes encourages leadership and doesn't tolerate bullying. She holds an assembly weekly to discuss good character and leadership and re-enforces positive behavior daily. I absolutely love Ambassador Academy and so does my daughter!

Posted October 10, 2012

My son has attended Ambassador Academy for the past three years and I would agree this is the best school in the Kyrene District. I know that the curriculum is excellent and all the teachers are concerned about getting the learners that attend ambassador to the next level. I feel that Dr. Reyes does an excellent job with running the day to day operations. She also does a great job in her selection process of hiring teachers.

Posted March 21, 2012

We have 2 children attending the school, 1st grade and Kindergarten, and they love it there. It is a very good environment for children to learn and thrive due to small classes and attentive teachers. I highly recommend this school.

Posted February 22, 2012

My husband and I feel so fortunate to have our son at Ambassador Academy. The school came highly recommended from a friend who is very familiar with the charter schools in Arizona. Dr. Reyes knows what she is doing - the teachers are top notch and each student gets individual attention. The leadership development focus is something no other school I'm aware of is doing - and the students really respond to being "future leaders". The best part - my son adores the school, his teacher and Dr. Reyes. This school is a hidden jewel.

Posted October 18, 2011

My Daughter Started Kinder this year 2011 on September 15th. I am so happy We changed her from Laveen District (HORRIBLE) to Ambassador Academy the best choice we ever made. My Daughter is excited to go to school every Morning and can not wait to give her Teacher an Angel in disguise a Hug every Morning. My Daughter has learned so much in little time. I am super Amazed how fast she picked up. Did I mention the Class size. OMG The best. My Daughter and the other Students are getting the Education they deserve and need for the futrure. Thank you Dr. REYES. My God Send.

Posted August 8, 2011

This will be my son's 2nd year at Ambassador and I couldn't be more pleased. I have my other son starting kinder. Both my children love this school and the teachers. The class sizes are so incredibly small and my children get one on one attention. My son left Kindergarten at almost a 2nd grade reading level. Plus he enjoyed going to school everyday. One more thing.... pick up and drop off are a breeze.

Posted June 11, 2009

My child attended Ambassador Academy for Kindergarten and will be returning for 1st Grade 2009-2010. The school is excellent! The teachers are passionate and committed to the success of each student. The environment is safe for kids to thrive and grow into wonderful character traits. The curriculum is challenging and top notch. I am amazed at what my child learned in Kindergarten and how well balanced he is I saw tremendous growth and development. My child is above average in all areas. Parents are kept informed and encouraged to be involved in the education of their children.

Posted May 14, 2009

Our son has attended Ambassador Academy for two years. We could not be more pleased and impressed with the level of teaching and devotion that the teachers and staff give each and every student every single day. The emphasis is developing 'Future Leaders' through academics as well as caricature building. Test score are consistently above the average mark. Class size is kept purposely low to ensure one on one attention. We highly recommend Ambassador Academy.

Posted November 24, 2008

Small class's, great parent teacher communication, Incredible learning system taht works with all the kids no matter what level, outstanding teaching philosiphies that developes future leaders!

Posted August 20, 2008

My daughter is a 'Future Leader'! She started with the school in Kindergarten and is in 1st grade for the 08/09 school year. Ms. Elizabeth and Dr Reyes are a two angels in diguise. The moto of the school is teaching our children to be the 'Future Leaders' of the world. The energy and passion that they show in education is something all teachers and schools should model.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • This school did not receive a designation in 2008-2009.

Asian 11% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (480) 993-3222

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Common Core
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None