9-12 & Ungraded|Public charter

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 09, 2015
I attended Accelerated Learning Center the second semester of my sophomore year. I had attended Horizon my freshman year and hated it. Being extremely behind on my credits, I was told I wouldn't graduate on time. I enrolled at ALC and not only did I graduate on time, I graduated EARLY. I would recommend this school to absolutely anyone and cannot express my gratitude enough to the staff of ALC. Class of '13!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 09, 2015
Accelerated Learning Center does not believe in homework. While you can take your work home at any time you feel you need to, they do not make you do any homework so that you can rest your mind before the day ahead.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 09, 2015
There is not one member of this faculty that does not want each student to succeed with flying colors. All of the teachers and administration wants nothing more than to see every student work to their full potential.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 09, 2015
Countless times I had been experiencing home issues regarding family and such. During this time, I was also having issues focusing in class and I was a bit distant. There was never once that a teacher or principal didn't pull me aside to make sure I was okay.

Posted May 29, 2013
My daughter transferred to ALC after being bullied for a year at Boulder Creek (a public high school). It was the best decision I ever made. She graduated from ALC this spring and will be going to Maricopa Community Colleges this fall. ALC classes are small and students work at their own pace, which is especially helpful for those who have learning disabilities. The Administration, teachers, and staff are extremely supportive, but very firm. This is a great school, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Posted February 08, 2010
My younger daughter graduated from ALC and is now a senior at ASU. She is an honor student with a 4.1 grade average. She was in danger of not graduating from high school at all but because of the extra attention she received from the teachers and their willingness to accept her unique approach to learning she did graduate. She is now a few months aways from a college degree. ALC not only gave her the academic tools she needed to be successful but also the confidence to continue her education. Taking her to ALC was one of our best decisions.

Posted October 15, 2009
All 4 of my kids attended alc...3 Have graduated and one graduates this year. If it were not for this school my girls would have given up a long time ago due to the lack of one on one time in public schools. The staff at alc mrs keppler and dr canady and mr hadad are wonderful and they really take the time to get to know each student individually and they really care about their direction in life and they support them 110% in everything they do!!! keep up the great work alc i will keep recommending your wonderful school to everyone i talk to!! thank you cuozzo/schmit/hockman family!

Posted June 10, 2009
My daughter attended ALC and is now a senior as ASU. Her best friend who also attended ALC is now in the Air Force. For the young man who could not get into military, maybe you should look at other factors. ALC certainly was a step forward for my daughter and her friend - not a stumbling block.

Posted June 08, 2009
My son attended ALC during his Junior/Senior year and graduated with a Presidential Academic award. The experience turned his life around, gave him confidence in himself and this made all the difference. He went from in danger of dropping out to wanting to attend college this fall. Some students just need individual attention in a smaller environment to succeed. ALC's committment to student achievement is what made all the difference, thanks for everything. Also your graduations are the best by far - much better than the public schools in town.

Posted June 05, 2009
I am a former ALC student. I have graduated from ASU as a nurse. I was prepared in every way due to my high school education. ALC let me explore my areas of interest as electives. I was unable to do this at my former school. I will always be indebted to ALC and the teachers. Love you all!

4105 East Shea Blvd., Phoenix, AZ  85028