Public charter
Phoenix, AZ

Posted August 29, 2015
This school is disorganized. My child is in middle school and has had a math substitute for many weeks now. How can this be? To make matters worse my child has no recess. She has to wait in the lunchroom for 20 minutes, because the school does not want to destroy their "playground". I warn anyone that is looking to send their child here to look else where! I do not think that parents are completely aware of the situation. We are looking for another school.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted August 29, 2015
This cannot occur if teachers are constantly leaving. There must be a reason why teachers are so unhappy and why my child complains about having no fun.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 29, 2015
All new teachers this year. Difficult to know. Last year was the same story. Substitute teachers for many subjects. This does not seem like a safe and effective place to me.

Posted May 31, 2015
This is the worst school I have ever seen. Do not send your children to this school. The principal is degrading and belittling to the teachers and students. Teachers are fired on the spot for no reason and therefore, the school is left to hire whoever they can find on the streets. The school is unsafe and unsanitary. After a flood last year, the school refused to close and neglected the mold growth that is now consuming the school. The principal forces students to stand in a corner with their nose to the wall when they will not listen even at an 8th grade level. The academics are inferior to anything imaginable. The teaching staff is comprised of mainly substitutes that have no idea what they are doing because the teachers that were hired in the beginnning of the year all get fired or leave by christmas.

Posted June 04, 2014
Very unorganized . The principal is very rude and unprofessional . No actual playground . My child can't wear colored shoes other than black (do you know how hard it is to find black shoes that are comfortable to my child) You have to wear a belt or else they will send you to the office . Does it harm anyone if my child wears nail polish or if she has skinny jeans (of course uniform ) On free dress day you cant wear leggings . This school is absolutely insane . Also the classes are way behind education .

Posted May 29, 2014
This school is very unorganized. I had to take my children out of there. The rules are ridiculous. The director is very rude and disrespectful. The 7th grade changed teacher each month. How are my children supposed to learn at a school were they don't even know what they are doing.

Acclaim Academy 4

Posted June 06, 2011
The Teach for America teachers at this school are exceptional. They have worked hard for my children, and made sure that they learned this year. I agree that the dress code policy can be a bit to strict, but my children enjoy going to school each day and I love sending them!

Acclaim Academy 5

Posted July 27, 2010
I had my two daughters in this school 2009-2010, this school has a wonderful teachers, and discipline for students, focused in their goals for all our childrens, I drove over 30 minutes every day to have then attend to this school.

Posted June 11, 2009
My child used to go to this school but I had to move him out. The school has low expectation of their students for they give seldom homework. Teachers want the students to get better but they don't listen to the ideas that the parents have. And I agree the principal only does what she wants. The schools main focus is discipline with uniforms not education. I have also noticed that the teacher constantly told me that my child was at a lower standard then the rest but didn't want to help him grow as a student. I hope that next year my child doesn't struggle in fourth grade. One thing is for sure he will not go to that school, instead of moving forward he is falling behind.

Posted February 28, 2009
I use to have my three kids enrolled here, and I took them out. There is a line when it is discipline and when it fall in being ridiculous, and I think they are on the ridiculous side. The kids here are very smart, and yet put on tutoring programs that they don't need, but the school can get money for. Another principal would be great, she doesn't like to listen to what parents have to say, only to what she thinks.

7624 W. Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ  85033
Last modified Acclaim Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Acclaim Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top