School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I like ACCLAIM with my whole heart. I am a social-justice minded person who wants the world to be better than it is. I believe academics are important but I believe it is more important to treat people well. I have worked at ACCLAIM for nine years, since 2009, and all of my interactions with students have been an opportunity to learn, for me and for them. The school is not perfect and the last few years have been very difficult because of staffing challenges. I am part of the interview team that has been hiring new staff over the last two years and we are doing all we can to find staff who will be dedicated to our students and our school. At this school I have learned what it means to persevere, what it means to pursue excellence and what it means to accept people how they are and make choices that always lead to a better place than where I currently find myself
July 28, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (4 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 18, 2016
Teachers are always great! The director just doesn't know how to treat them and disrespecting and talking down them is not the way!

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 18, 2016
No, its not respect they develop.. its more of frightening the students! That's the only reason why they do as they're told.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted August 11, 2016
Sometimes it's confusing when there are changes at the school but the parents that support the rules, especially the ones like following the uniform, it makes it easier for other parents and kids to follow the rules too.

Acclaim Academy 5

Posted August 11, 2016
The school changed this year. The secretaries are nice and helpful. There are no substitutes in 7th or 8th grade and there are teachers back from last year and before. The teachers that are new this year are good teachers and they make class interesting. The food is better too.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted August 11, 2016
Mr. Martinez helps answer my questions about the school, like he gives the meetings when students are enrolling and he speaks Spanish and English which helps alot

Acclaim Academy 5

Posted August 11, 2016
The school has a lot of rules that are different from the other schools but the teachers help kids feel like the rules are there to help them learn

Grateful to: no rating

- a school leader
Thanks to all the staff members who are back at ACCLAIM. Ms. Moreno, Mr. Lopez, Ms. Garcia, and Mr. Teibo are all homeroom teachers who know about ACCLAIM and are helping move the academics, especially math and science, forward in a really excellent way. Mrs. Koehler is back and in the office to reinvigorate the Accelerated Math program in the upper elementary and middle school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted August 11, 2016
Ms. Moreno is back at ACCLAIM and helping a big group of elementary students learn English and love reading. She is calm and patient. I would have loved to have her as a teacher!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted July 28, 2016

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
ACCLAIM teachers, staff and administration really care about the students. We work hard to learn new strategies to teach students and help them love learning. We also make a great effort to talk to students about the virtues and help them practice those character traits at school.
Posted July 28, 2016

7624 West Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ  85033
Last modified Acclaim Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.