Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 12, 2016
MTA has been a great fit for my kids, though they are very different. We've been there for a few years and have been thrilled with the education. It is quite advanced compared to several district and private schools locally. Our best friends are at Christ Lutheran and were shocked by what our kids were learning, it was at least a year behind MTA. Both my kids have tested into the GATE program but we elected to keep them here, and they're loving it and thriving. (GATE program for MTA is off-campus as MTA is already accelerated) Our teachers are compassionate, smart, great with different learning styles and I really love the small class sizes. My kids have 26 and 28 kids in class with a teacher, an aide and a junior high helper. That's an amazing ratio! Overall it's not perfect but we've been really happy with the teachers, community and education.

Madison Traditional Academy
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 08, 2015
I am grateful to Brittany Marshall, 6th grade teacher at Madison Traditional Academy for inspiring my daughter to love math and social studies. Each day, my daughter comes home with the ability to solve her math problems without frustration and I can tell by the information about world history that Ms. Marshall is doing an amazing job at molding her young students. Many kudos to Ms. Marshall!

Madison Traditional Academy 4

Posted December 08, 2015
MTA is an amazing school and I'm honored to have my daughter there and I hope to have my second daughter attend for Kindergarten next year. I would like to see additional events at MTA that would allow some creative outlet for the kids as well as have the school administrators encourage community service projects. The children should be focused on academics but also invest in the community and learn about the challenges of those less fortunate in their backyards.

Posted June 23, 2014
We just finished our first year at MTA and We lived it! I must admit however, I was a little hesitant when I got the phone call a week before school started. We decided to go for it and it was the best decision we ever made! Our child LOVES it there! As an educator myself, I was very impressed with what these kindergarteners were learning- from double digit subtraction, to reading, to writing stories. Every time I volunteered in the classroom, the students were engaged and actively learning. There was a sense of security and everyone felt safe. The kindergarten team is amazing! I hear not every grade level has the same caliber of teachers as the kindergarten team, but that is true at every school in America. Some grade levels are stronger than others. Some teachers are better than others. You will find that everywhere. I must say, I am confused with the negative comments about MTA. It is a school of choice. If you are not happy there, leave. Make room for other families who truly want to be there.

Posted April 28, 2014
I love this school my son started this year in the 1st grade and I am impressed with his learning and the communication at the school is great you never have to wonder what is going on.

Posted April 03, 2014
MTA is not for average kids, I will agree with that. It is NOT for above average kids either, make no mistake of that. The academics are not rigorous (that comment actually made my laugh out loud). Volunteer time is there, but you do have to look for it now that the school has outgrown itself and made the class sizes too large (6 years ago we were told MAX class size would be 25- now my child is in a class of 36). I actually heard the principle state "working is not a valid reason to not volunteer" at a meeting last year. Not something you want to hear while you're literally trying to keep the power on and put food on the table. I'm not trying to convince anyone of my opinion, which seems to be a common theme among the other parents here, but you all can't change other peoples experiences. Just because they aren't the same as yours, and you have found a wonderful school at MTA doesn't mean that everyone has that same opinion. It also doesn't mean that it's because their kids aren't up to the challenge. My son has been bored with MTA for years- because he was doing Algebra in 1st grade at home- I'm not exaggerating. Keep in mind that MTA doesn't offer anything for kids like that.

Posted September 04, 2013
I have a comment on the volunteer hours. I'm a working mom, in our 4th year with MTA and not one single month have I had to search high and low for ways to get my required hours. Not Once. There are volunteer opportunities EVERYWHERE. I think a mistake some parents make is to rely on their child's teacher to provide all their volunteer hours. That is not their job, nor do they have that much work to give. Instead, email committee chairs and Guild board members...you'll have your hours in no time flat. As far as your warning goes....We all sign the volunteer requirement form each year. We all know exactly what is expected of us, and it is our responsibility to find, record, and KNOW how many hours we have worked each month. That is all the warning you need. If our busy staff does happen to take the time to let you know that you are falling behind on your required hours, that is simply a courtesy.

Posted September 04, 2013
I am really disappointed in these other parent reviews. We have been at this school since it has opened. This school has great academic accelerated curriculum. I brag about this school every chance I get and I almost feel guilty when other parents I talk to don't have their kids enrolled in this school. The principal is all matter of fact. It works for some and not everyone. The open door policy does not bother me. Let him do his job running our great school and making it better. The volunteer hours are a minimum of two per month. This school is for parents who really want to be involved with their kids at school and at home. The teachers are outstanding in all grade levels. Volunteering really lets you know the teacher your child has as well as other teachers in all grade levels, depending on what you are volunteering for. I love knowing each one and having a good relationship with each. We support our teachers at this school with different volunteer jobs, so that they can focus on the children. I will have all 5 of my kids go through this school and I am proud of that. Food for thought "shouldn't you have this same kind of excitement about where your child attends"?

Posted May 28, 2013
Our kinder teacher was amazing, infact all of the kinder teachers are. BUT, the principal is not a people person and runs it like a prison. He's not friendly, rude, and in fact his reputation has followed him from Cheyenne Traditional in Scottsdale, when he left families there were ecstatic. There is no open door policy only sees parents on appt. basis, and am appauled we thought this was the place for us. They give traditional schools a bad rep. I encourage you to seek out Alhambra Traditional School, MTA was modeled after them. ATS out does MTA by far, kind of sad actually. Their volunteer policy is so strict, they kick families out with no warning.. there's not enough volunteer opp. - I asked many times and had to search high and low for opportunities... this is your warning. parents there told me after kinder the school goes downhill from there, It hurt me as a mother .. we all try to find the best for our children. good luck!

Posted May 03, 2013
Run Run don't stop to look at MTA! We waited overnight to get our daughter in this school.. thinking this was the best place for her.. Instead we found out, it was a "bully" school the teachers don't even know where the kids are half the time. The pricipal is a "bully" as well. Do not put your kids in this school!

Madison Traditional Academy
925 East Maryland Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85014
Last modified Madison Traditional Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.