Bad
Good

My sons have been at Aire libre elementary for 2 years and we couldn't be happier. I had a son that suffers from separation anxiety really bad and he got the best kinder teacher ever, Mrs. Harcus. Don't know how she did it but she was able to get him to open up and want to come to school every day. i couldn't thank her enough. Now hes in first grade and is doing wonderful. My oldest son has also been there for 2 years and loves it. His teacher Mrs. Haugen was the best 2nd grade teacher a mom could ask for. She is so caring and understanding but yet firm. My son still goes by her classroom and says hi. I've had my sons in 3 different schools due to bad schools and i'm glad to call Aire Libre our home school. Never have i ever met a school that not only cares for the students but cares for the parents and whole family. You should check this school out for your child!!

We like the small community minded school. The kids are each tracked individually by the principal so no child who needs help gets lost in the shuffle. They offer before and after care, which helps working parents. We find it a good fit for our family. The improving scores are not yet reflected by many websites who are behind in updating school profiles.

I think the teachers are very helpful and doing as well as they can with the changing standards. It is a school that has a very diverse student population. I am pleased with our children's teachers.

My girls have attended here the past four years. Each of their teachers have been amazing. So pleased with their experience.

This year (2013-14) we put our boys in a new school because of how truly awful Aire Libre has been! First of all, academically, they DO NOT teach the kids enough! Our boys had straight A's at Aire Libre but at our new school they were tested & we were told that they weren't taught several of the concepts they should've learned by now, so it was easy to get good grades at Aire Libre when they aren't teaching very much.Our son's 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Kelley was rude and often marked problems wrong on his work that were actually correct! We would go over the things she marked wrong and many times they were actually right, the teacher just got it wrong herself! We told her this, she was rude & said there's NOTHING SHE COULD DO! My son's K teacher Mrs. Harcus was very wonderful though, & she needs to be in a school that deserves her! Also, our boys were bullied almost DAILY for being white w/blond hair as the school is primarily hispanic now. They were physically cornered in bathrooms by kids & actually hit over and over! Even our 5 year old! The Principal did NOTHING about it & no one seemed to care or keep an eye on the children at all! DO NOT PUT YOUR KIDS at AIRE LIBRE! DANGEROUS!

We switched our son to this school a few weeks ago and we couldnt be happier!!!! Mrs. Harcus is AWESOME and very nice! My son is doing 10 times better here than at the otehr school he was at. LaDonna is Super nice and always willing to help. I think we made a wonderful choice in Aire Libre for our son!!!!!!

School relies too much on unqualified aides. Teachers run the school as if there is No Principal. They tell you one thing one day and something different the next, miscommunication is a nice word. Lack of integrity, lack of compassion, no patience - some people just should not work in a school environment.

Needs improving..the school needs more security. I din't feel like my daughter was learning anything because teacher was too busy trying to discipline the other children. My childs teacher was very impatient with the student even though my child never got into trouble, but I noticed this after volunteering one day just before lunch. I had to change schools and my daughter actually enjoys going to school now and has learned so much since attending Echo Mountain.

we are very happy with the school .. we lucked out again this year two great teachers for my kids.. I cant say much about some of parents at the school some are so sweet and nice .. some act they have never seen a person from the middle east in their life when i speak to my daughter in arabic....

My son and I loved the school. Our whole family enjoy the extra curriculum activities. Parents volunteering is greatly appreciated. The teacher is always accessible (comparing to other schools - you hardly see and talk to the teacher). The curriculum, in my opinion is quite advanced. I would highly recommend that school.

Last modified Aire Libre Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.