Aire Libre Elementary School 4

Posted January 31, 2014
I think the teachers are very helpful and doing as well as they can with the changing standards. It is a school that has a very diverse student population. I am pleased with our children's teachers.

Posted January 28, 2014
My girls have attended here the past four years. Each of their teachers have been amazing. So pleased with their experience.

Aire Libre Elementary School 1

Posted September 06, 2013
This year (2013-14) we put our boys in a new school because of how truly awful Aire Libre has been! First of all, academically, they DO NOT teach the kids enough! Our boys had straight A's at Aire Libre but at our new school they were tested & we were told that they weren't taught several of the concepts they should've learned by now, so it was easy to get good grades at Aire Libre when they aren't teaching very much.Our son's 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Kelley was rude and often marked problems wrong on his work that were actually correct! We would go over the things she marked wrong and many times they were actually right, the teacher just got it wrong herself! We told her this, she was rude & said there's NOTHING SHE COULD DO! My son's K teacher Mrs. Harcus was very wonderful though, & she needs to be in a school that deserves her! Also, our boys were bullied almost DAILY for being white w/blond hair as the school is primarily hispanic now. They were physically cornered in bathrooms by kids & actually hit over and over! Even our 5 year old! The Principal did NOTHING about it & no one seemed to care or keep an eye on the children at all! DO NOT PUT YOUR KIDS at AIRE LIBRE! DANGEROUS!

Aire Libre Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2011
We switched our son to this school a few weeks ago and we couldnt be happier!!!! Mrs. Harcus is AWESOME and very nice! My son is doing 10 times better here than at the otehr school he was at. LaDonna is Super nice and always willing to help. I think we made a wonderful choice in Aire Libre for our son!!!!!!

Aire Libre Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2011
School relies too much on unqualified aides. Teachers run the school as if there is No Principal. They tell you one thing one day and something different the next, miscommunication is a nice word. Lack of integrity, lack of compassion, no patience - some people just should not work in a school environment.

Aire Libre Elementary School 2

Posted February 04, 2011
Needs improving..the school needs more security. I din't feel like my daughter was learning anything because teacher was too busy trying to discipline the other children. My childs teacher was very impatient with the student even though my child never got into trouble, but I noticed this after volunteering one day just before lunch. I had to change schools and my daughter actually enjoys going to school now and has learned so much since attending Echo Mountain.

Posted September 25, 2010
we are very happy with the school .. we lucked out again this year two great teachers for my kids.. I cant say much about some of parents at the school some are so sweet and nice .. some act they have never seen a person from the middle east in their life when i speak to my daughter in arabic....

Posted May 20, 2010
My son and I loved the school. Our whole family enjoy the extra curriculum activities. Parents volunteering is greatly appreciated. The teacher is always accessible (comparing to other schools - you hardly see and talk to the teacher). The curriculum, in my opinion is quite advanced. I would highly recommend that school.

Aire Libre Elementary School 0

Posted June 28, 2009
I think Aire Libre is a great school. I have a child that attends there and he loves it. The outside aides are the best and make it fun for the students. The principal has his moments when he's a great leader and a not so great leader, but what principal doesn't. As for the parents that have said nothing but bad things about this school it's probably because their precious little angel didn't get his way or he kept getting into trouble and the parents are in some kind of denial. I would recommend this school to anyone. My chld and I really both like this school.

Aire Libre Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2009
Mrs. Kraus is the best music teacher in the valley. The teachers like Mrs. Craine and Mrs. Kobrick who teach/taught there made that school great. And back when Mr. Accosta was the principal that school was prime!

Aire Libre Elementary School
16428 North 21st Street, Phoenix, AZ  85022
Last modified Aire Libre Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aire Libre Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top