Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Alhambra Traditional School 3

Posted June 20, 2016
ATS went down hill this past year and it continuing that way under the leadership of the new principal and the new superintendent. If you are considering ATS be aware that discipline, accountability and academic levels have all been downgraded.

Posted May 27, 2016
My children have been coming to ATS since Kindergarten. i have had three promote out of there and two still in attendance. i have trekked my children from as far as Goodyear to bring them to ATS everyday! i can say enough wonderful things about ATS!!!

Alhambra Traditional School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 25, 2016
This was our daughter's first year at ATS. We are very happy with the school and the education that she is receiving. Her kindergarten teacher was Ms. Miguel. She definitely made it a great year. And I would highly recommend Ms. Miguel and ATS!

Posted May 25, 2016
Our daughter finished her 1st year at ATS. This is a great school and we are very happy with all that she has learned in Kindergarten. I would highly recommend Ms. Miguel - she is a wonderful teacher!

Alhambra Traditional School 4

Posted April 20, 2015
I was a founding parent of ATS. Some people thought that the children attending would be like robots because of the strict adherence to basic skills. Because of basic skills my children learned how to think creatively. If you go to Walmart and see a product in the sunscreen section called My Cabana Boy it was invented my a creative woman that was in the first kindergarten class. It's all about the basic. I'm glad the school is still around. Jm Jeanne murphy

Posted March 13, 2015
Amazing! Kids are a whole year ahead and my kindergartner was reading in October just like they promised.

Posted December 02, 2014
This is my kids second year at this school and I couldn't be happier. Education is the school's top priority which is surpristingly not a priority in many schools.

Posted February 10, 2014
This school has stood the test of time, 30years and still excelling. I have four children who have attended. My daughter just graduated 12th grade early and is headed off to college with academic scholarships, all thanks to the great foundation received at ATS. The children have all been challenged of course but just being consistent with them and pushing their limits has paid off. As they go to high school they truly appreciate the curriculum at ATS.

Posted September 30, 2013
ATS is a well run school with impressive results. Kindergarteners learn to read by Christmas. By the end of 1st grade, kids are working a year ahead. The test results prove the academics are solid for a public school. Also, they have the best behaved students who understand respect. It's not perfect. Yet, it was a great place for my daughter. This is my son's last year. I'm confident he'll be prepared for his next step.

Alhambra Traditional School 4

Posted July 24, 2013
This school is by far one of the best schools EVER! You will DEFINITELY have to enroll into honors classes or an I.B. program if you want them to keep up their high intellectual level. I'm a freshman in high school and I am way ahead in all of my classes. The downside is that frankly, you only have four classes to attend in junior high. Be prepared to have the same teachers twice in eighth grade. There are o sports though and in my experience, the kids are just as bad as any other school, no different. I don't really miss it though because the kids are mean. They don't like new people at all! Like if you come during sixth-eighth grade they will not accept you. I highly advice for you to enroll your child into this school before middle school. It really is hard to find friends at this small school. The classes have about 25-31 kids and the teachers truly care about you.

Alhambra Traditional School
3736 West Osborn Rd, Phoenix, AZ  85019
Last modified Alhambra Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.