Posted February 10, 2014
This school has stood the test of time, 30years and still excelling. I have four children who have attended. My daughter just graduated 12th grade early and is headed off to college with academic scholarships, all thanks to the great foundation received at ATS. The children have all been challenged of course but just being consistent with them and pushing their limits has paid off. As they go to high school they truly appreciate the curriculum at ATS.

Posted September 30, 2013
ATS is a well run school with impressive results. Kindergarteners learn to read by Christmas. By the end of 1st grade, kids are working a year ahead. The test results prove the academics are solid for a public school. Also, they have the best behaved students who understand respect. It's not perfect. Yet, it was a great place for my daughter. This is my son's last year. I'm confident he'll be prepared for his next step.

Alhambra Traditional School 4

Posted July 24, 2013
This school is by far one of the best schools EVER! You will DEFINITELY have to enroll into honors classes or an I.B. program if you want them to keep up their high intellectual level. I'm a freshman in high school and I am way ahead in all of my classes. The downside is that frankly, you only have four classes to attend in junior high. Be prepared to have the same teachers twice in eighth grade. There are o sports though and in my experience, the kids are just as bad as any other school, no different. I don't really miss it though because the kids are mean. They don't like new people at all! Like if you come during sixth-eighth grade they will not accept you. I highly advice for you to enroll your child into this school before middle school. It really is hard to find friends at this small school. The classes have about 25-31 kids and the teachers truly care about you.

Posted July 24, 2013
Amazing School!!! Our Son a Kindergarten had an amazing school year 2012-2013. He accomplished more than we ever expected and made us very proud!!! His Kindergarten teacher Ms. Miguel was amazing. Our Son got homework Mon-Thurs and that made h a better overall student!!! Early into the school year our Son was reading and writing!!! Amazin!!! A straight A student and among the many recognizable awards he received nothong topped The High Five Superintendents Awards he was nominated for over academics and leadership he received. A award based on all schools in the district and one student per grade.The 13 mile plus drive since were out of District is well worth the commute. Thank U Ms. Miguel, and Dr. Lopeman!!! ATS ROCKS!!!!! Parents get involved in your children s education. Regards, JG

Posted June 27, 2013
I just recently graduated and I wish that I could stay there, the teachers will help you get through anything. I can honestly say, any parent who wants an above average school must send their child here.

Posted June 18, 2013
An excellent example of how parental involvement in education can lead to excelling performance regardless of intelligence level, SES, or negative environmental factors. This school functions exceptionally because of Dr. Lopeman's expectations of students, parents, and staff. The teaching staff are hand picked examples of excellence within the profession.

Posted January 01, 2013
ATS is a great school, I have two children who attend. Its great that they don't tolerate behavior problems or kids with ADHD issues. Parents like to put that responsibility on the school, but behavior is a home problem. Its about time schools stop allowing kids with social issues from home ruin the class environment. Thank you ATS for creating a safe, fun, and creative environment where kids can grow to become who there are.

Posted December 13, 2012
ATS is one of Arizona's top schools for a reason! Their staff and administration put the kids first and include parents with every step. The teachers are caring, the principal is amazing and the education is rigorous. i have driven my kids miles and miles to ATS for over 11 years-- and I couldn't imagine bringing them anywhere else. Their structure, discipline and high academics has helped my high school student sail right through honor's classes! Thank you ATS staff for providing so many challenging opportunities for my children to learn and grow.

Alhambra Traditional School 1

Posted December 11, 2012
This school might be great if all you care about it academics, but if you want social, mental, physical growth this school is not for you. They dont have the resources or the help to help with any behavior problems, ADHD, or any kids who might be to smart for a regular school, but need help managing their self control. The principal is not understanding and does not cooperate. She would rather kick your kid out of school than to help them all she cares about is her scores for AIMS. She will mistreat both students and parents to get kids to leave.

Posted August 25, 2012
Another great year begins! I have several children at ATS and they were all lucky enough to begin in kindergarten. The flow in curriculum from one grade to the next is smooth with solid and consistent expectations. The principal and teachers are excellent. I am so happy that the wonderfully creative art teacher is back again this year. I am continually impressed with the academic achievements of ATS, but the quality of the social interaction is also top notch for the children and parents alike. A solid education, in a safe school, with likeminded families is wonderful.

Alhambra Traditional School
3736 W Osborn Rd, Phoenix, AZ  85019
Last modified Alhambra Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alhambra Traditional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 112 reviews. Top