Bad
Good

this school is awsome ! .i am a parent of 2 nd my children have learn and made memories .my duaghter says she has learned so much that school is the best nd she feels sad because she is leaving lots of memories nd she loves her teachers . she has a family there everyone gets treated with respect nd the princpales r amazing they have an awsome counsler that helps at home nd at school many kids have survived through school nd feel so happy to go to school . it needs stuff yes it does but with student counsil they made money to help the school nd have a wonderful year .they raised about 70 thousands dollars . they sed it to pay bills but also they made a fun waterslide party for everyone . there was 8 slides nd they take your kids to wet nd ild for perfect attendance . teachers cry nd laugh cuase our kids made them so happy nd they just talk about it . my son teacher tells them my babys . they r my resposibity so they r my kids when u leave them until u pick them up they r al yours . :) plz try it some teachers need to feel welcome ! your kids will love it !

Honestly, the school has no support set up for the teachers. If I was a parent, I would not send them here. If you student is smart, he/she will do fine, but won't be challenged. If they struggle at all, they will just fall more behind. I know the administration has changed, but the school needs a complete overhaul in my opinion.

Wow.. the only good ratings I happen upon are the trite misgivings of a doped up staff. "We don't abandon our kids". You don't exactly feed them either, do ya? Pack it up and call it a life, guys.

This is a horrible school with horrible teachers. There is no leadership. Teachers are very lazy, and have no respect for the kids. In my opinion, they are judged and disrespected because of the area. However, if you have a kid that needs no help what so ever learning then your kid would do well, because that is the kind of kid Bulter likes. Also, if your child never speaks, laughs or goofs around from time to time, then again your kid will do well. However, if your kid has a personality. Don't send them there. They will be gossiped about (very immature teachers, very gossipy), and put out to be a bad kid, and rumors will start, such as the child may not have a father/mother, etc. My daughter has attended Butler since Kindergarten, and my son as well. God for bid you speak up and address it, if you do your child will be retaliated against. Majority of the teachers curse at the kids in class, some have put their hands on the student, they scream excessively. The Principal/Asst. Principal never believe the parents or students! Therefore nothing is done. Thank god it's my daughters last year, and I am pulling my son out end of school year. For the reasons above.

Alta E. Butler School has a wonderful staff, students and parents. We are committed to providing the best possible education for EVERY child.

Butler school teachers care about their students and achievements.

I love this school because there is a commitment to excellence among the entire staff and a dedication to succeed as a group. We are an inner-city school in a tough area, but the staff does not let the students down. We expect them to perform at their best and look for ways to help them to do so. We don't abandon our kids.

The Teachers and Paraprofessionals are committed to skill building excellence in developing our inner city students to become great leaders. We all work together for one purpose. An inner City school such as ours, we could benefit from this :]

Alta E. Butler is a great place to work and learn. The students are wonderful and they respect themselves, each other and the staff. Our school is a close community!!

Butler has a group of dedicated teachers that work long hours to best support our students. They put on many parent nights and festivities to include the community and make students, staff, and parents one unit working together to strengthen our students' learning.

Last modified Alta E Butler School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.