Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Moved here from Texas where my daughter was one of 283 nationwide students admitted to one of the top high schools in America. Culture shock on how far behind we are and how we are failing our children. She was issued books in 9th grade she had received in 5th grade. Arcadia was a clannish run high school with little interest in her well-being. Male students were acknowledged for achievements far less than hers (she received $80K in scholarship money for example). They pretended they were succeeding at bullying because they weren't looking for it and didn't see it. Meaningless signs and gestures don't cure the problem. Even worse? One of her teachers dressed like a professional streetwalker with half her body hanging out of her clothes and constantly bullied and belittled my child with no meaningful criticism. In all academic years she was National Honor Society and is so again in college but this teacher deliberately kept her out of NHS in high school with no academic reason ... it could be because my daughter was a published author in junior high school and this teacher still struggles with any sort of recognition for her work. She suffered from anxiety disorder and the school was well aware of that yet deliberatel chose to suddenly misspell her name on her diploma and mispronounce her name (the only student whose name was mispronounced) and could have cared less how it made her feel and claims they suddenly after years of spelling it right were going by the birth certificate which they were not. Their interpretation of the birth certificate was wrong. When we take egos and politics out of school maybe I will feel less that those who an do and those who can't ... but this school totally failed my child.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

AHS won an anti-bullying award just this year!

I haven't gone there yet, but both my aunt and uncle go there right now, they love it! They made friends that weren't from their previous school, and isn't complaining about anything, I am currently an 8th grader, and want to go to arcadia, but my parents kind of want me to go to Xavier, bleh, 7 hours of homework every single night!!!

3 of my kids attend this school. My fourth will in two years. The new leadership by Mr. Slater has transformed the school over the past couple years. My three kids are excelling academically and socially. The assistant principals are very in tune to the students needs. Mr. Moony (the assistant principal) is extremely responsive to any issues that ever arise including bullying or substance abuse. There is a fantastic open communication policy at this school between parents and administration. The campus is very inviting with a large open lawn surrounded by classroom buildings. There are dozens of clubs and activities as well as excellent sport programs. Finally, the school is large enough to not have any cliques dominating the social scene. Kids are either from the immediate neighborhood or open enroll. Most of my kids friends open enroll and are appreciative of this policy as they recognize this as an exclellent educational venue. We live in Arcadia and had several options for high school including two top private schools. Arcadia turned out to be an excellent choice and exceeded my expectations.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has ethics and leadership workshops and organizations that students can participate in. Students can also start their own clubs.

I am the mom of 3 children who attended Arcadia High School; 2 are now in college, one is still there. This is a school that embraces teaching the whole person, and offer students great academics with AP and dual enrollment classes in every academic subject, the opporutunity to participate in clubs and sports including 3 no-cut sports, and access to a wide variety of unique and high caliber CTE and fine arts offerings. My older children both were admitted to their top choice colleges early decision, one with a merit scholarship. All 3 of my children were able to play a varsity sport, take all college prep classes, and even create their own independent study curriculum in art. Every teacher goes beyond classroom teaching to support student growth, and there is an active, devoted parent organization that raises funds to support the classroom and coordinates volunteers all over campus. But you should decide for yourself. Arcadia offers weekly tours to prosepctive students and their parents, and to community members who want to see what a great school looks like. Just call the front office to make your appointment.

I go to Arcadia and i found that it is very lacking in respect for the teachers as well as the students. Freshman are harassed by some of the teachers and students, but this is passed off as just messing around. Some teachers are just amazing and are able to create a classroom that is a home away from home, a place where the students feel safe. This school is a place for kids who are quite social and kind of lax on the idea of getting into a good college. I am not saying that about all of the students but most just talk about things that are not worth typing up in this review. If you want to truly challenge your kid in terms of science and math don't go to Arcadia, however if your kid is interested in filming and such they should got Arcadia.

I think it's a great school, I was more impressed with the curriculum they have for the students and the safe campus. My son really enjoys the school and the environment.

We have been very happy with Arcadia High School. My child attended a private school from K-8, so I was originally nervous about the transition. However, the transition couldn't have been more smooth and we have been impressed with the teachers and staff. Our child is challenged in honors classes and is very happy at Arcadia. We have zero complaints.

It's a better option than other Phoenix schools and coming from another state I am realizing how far behind even the "best" schools are. G&T here is average student in other states. There is a refusal to believe that Arizona is behind 95% of the nation in education and the PTO is run by stay at home moms who don't have a clue what the real world is like. They celebrate medicrity instead of encourage success.

Last modified Arcadia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.