Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

As a grandmother, I watched my granddaughter pester her mother to get her into a Kindergarten. Since she was a couple weeks’ too young for public and most charter schools. It took many, many tries until we finally found this wonderful school! She has grown tremendously in a three short months…excited to join her classmates each morning, eager to learn to read and write, and exhibiting new behaviors. These behaviors include listening and complying better at home, deciding to make good choices, helping others to succeed, and fully participating in all aspects of the school day! I think the main ingredient in these changes is a superb teacher, who truly enjoys teaching young children to become confident and independent learners! The fact that it offers FREE full-day kindergarten is an added bonus.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Using a framework based on the 16 Habits of Mind, students learn to make decisions, celebrate diversity and intelligently navigate through various situations with peers and adults during their school years.

Arizona Academy of Science and Technology's new Principal has brought together an awesome team of teachers who care about their students and are willing to go "the extra mile" to ensure student success. Students are happy and engaged and the parents are involved and supportive of the positive changes that are occurring! Small class sizes allow for teachers to place an emphasis on individualized learning plans and offer unique STEM activities. The school celebrates academic, social and emotional growth and uses the 16 Habits of Mind as a framework to teach students valuable life skills. Technology classes in robotics, computer programming, and electronics are offered and the school has a garden as well as a special science/STEM lab. Lessons encourage problem solving, creativity, organization, and cooperation. The school is a wonderful place for students to thrive, feel successful and learn!

I was wary at first based on previous reviews, however our experience shows just how much has changed since July of this year. With a new, incredible Principal, return to small class sizes, diversity and teachers who genuinely care (and many with great senses of humor), we found the perfect place for our child! The parents are involved, the kids seem to really enjoy each other's company and, most importantly, our child truly enjoys school. I like the fact that it is a STEAM school, not just STEM, so they include Arts as part of their curriculum too. Kids also get exposed to PE, art, music, theater and yoga.

If you value your child's education, you need to look elsewhere. I am pretty sure that staff wrote the last two positive reviews on here because there will are not very many parents who are happy with the production of this school. Insufficient communication to parents, as well as no stability are reasons enough to to enroll your child here. Last winter there were staff layoffs that effected every child of every grade. As a result, class sizes tripled and quality learning severely decreased. My child went from being challenged to almost no homework, or parent driven assignments. On top of that, the children do not have a lunch room to eat in, because the school could not afford it, and parents were not notified of this as well as many other changes. The few teachers and staff left are quality members, but having severely limited resources because of bad investments does not do anything to improve the school or quality of education to the children. There was a robotics exercise that the students were supposed to participate in, only to find out that it had been dropped for 7th and 8th grades with no explanation as to why. If you value the education your child is getting, this is not the place for them. I cannot recommend this place to my worst enemy.

I recommend and support the Arizona Academy of Science as an exemplary educational institution. I cannot see my child attend any other school. This charter school provides a wonderful academic curriculum with focus on science, math and technology. These subjects are most important to my child in this age of Information Technology. The school campus is beautiful and the class room sizes are small which adds to my child s positive education. The Central location and diversity of the school are very important factors why I entrust my child to attend AZAOS. Every day is exciting for my child who loves her school. She enjoys the staff, her pupils and the challenges that the school provides. Without any reservation, I would recommend AZAOS to anyone.

This school is perfect for my fifth grade son. His home room teacher can tell me, on demand and from memory, how he is scoring in every subject. The tech lab has Vex Robotics and Arduino kits. The curriculum is flexible to accommodate the needs of individual students. After toiling through years of public school where he was constantly bored, my twice-exceptional son is THRIVING and I couldn't be happier. There was some staff turnover this year which led to a few angry parents leaving some nasty reviews. I decided to investigate to see if there was any credence to their complaints. My scientific mind requires objective evidence! I went to board meetings, paid close attention to details whenever I was on campus, and had more than one frank discussion with faculty and administration. I was amazed. Everyone here is completely dedicated and passionate. In particular, I have never met a principal who works harder and cares more about individual students. Test scores overall, as presented to the Board, indicate that AZAOS students are learning, progressing toward educational goals generally faster than pretests projected they would. Success! We stayed, and I am so glad we did.

Run Away. First let me say that, unlike many reviewers, I was generally happy with the teachers. All of the teachers I interacted with actually care and are trying to turn things around here, but the administration is failing them. Due to low enrollment they laid off half the teachers (of course some of the better ones that thought outside the box were the ones to get laid off) and merged the classes and grades, so now the classrooms are combined with every two grades (K-1, 2-3, etc) being taught by a single teacher. They may add floating teacher aids, but that still leaves the teachers preparing and teaching twice the amount of material. Communication is a definite problem: Little to no information given to parents for events until days before (if that). I was initially told I could pay for lunches and after school care via the website (not kept up to date btw) , but then told on the first day that online payment wasn't set up and I should just bring in cash each month. The final straw: The administration wants to hold all grades K-8 to the same behavior standards, and seems to respond to everything with a suspension.

DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD HERE BIG MISTAKE! !! My child went through 3 teachers no wonder he had failing grades it takes a child alot to learn one way of being taught yet 3 ways?! The staff is related so if you're uncle works there you are hired teachers look very young and like they graduaded high school. They sent home wrong report cards not once but twice! You will stress even more just save your self now DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD HERE! ! -0 stars

If I could give this school a lower star I would. There are some many this wrong with this school I am completely surprised it has a license to operate as a school. Besides the very week curriculum, the complete lack of any kind of communication it has incredibly poor teachers. If you can even call them teachers. The people teaching science and tech are not teachers first and they are the first to tell you. They do not have lesson plans. They can not communicated in an effective manor with the students on any level. It's so poorly run that when you call and ask a question about an event that they are hosting in 5 days, the staff can NOT answer any questions except when the event starts.

Last modified Arizona Academy Of Science And Technology is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.