Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted December 11, 2014
DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD HERE BIG MISTAKE! !! My child went through 3 teachers no wonder he had failing grades it takes a child alot to learn one way of being taught yet 3 ways?! The staff is related so if you're uncle works there you are hired teachers look very young and like they graduaded high school. They sent home wrong report cards not once but twice! You will stress even more just save your self now DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD HERE! ! -0 stars

Posted October 20, 2014
If I could give this school a lower star I would. There are some many this wrong with this school I am completely surprised it has a license to operate as a school. Besides the very week curriculum, the complete lack of any kind of communication it has incredibly poor teachers. If you can even call them teachers. The people teaching science and tech are not teachers first and they are the first to tell you. They do not have lesson plans. They can not communicated in an effective manor with the students on any level. It's so poorly run that when you call and ask a question about an event that they are hosting in 5 days, the staff can NOT answer any questions except when the event starts.

Posted April 22, 2014
This school year has been the worst school year I have ever experienced My child has been going to this school for a little over 2 year I transfered my child to this school for smaller class size and more one on one My child has learned a lot but this school year we have new staff and new principal There is very little communication between the staff parents and students Teachers have degrees but no child development education as well as the principal The principal is not personalable doesnt communicate very well with parents or students This year I dont feel like my child has learned very much and this is why my child will not be attending next school year They are focused more on discipline than studies please dont get me wrong children do need to be disciplined but for every little thing is uncalled for There is no structure in there curriculum or in the class classes are mixed grades with to many students to a class/teacher This school doesnt have a lot to offer kids theres no sports art music computers or any other extra curricular activities for students to get involved with.

Posted December 10, 2013
I would have to say so far being new to this school, I don't really feel the teacher/student ratio is giving children the opportunity to learn as much as they could if the classes were smaller. The mixing of the grades in a classes I think are by far taking away from what a charter school is suppose to be. Its confusing to the students who are trying to learn at their grade level already and being mixed with another grade level is not a very good idea I think. The reason I switched my child's school in the first place was for one is thinking this school that was suppose to have smaller classes which led me to think they would have more undivided interaction with the teachers which I thought was great at the time. The teachers are very nice yes, but their passion for helping a child individually is purely impossible because of the numerous amount of children in the same class that also need help. To me this sounds very discerning because my child is being penalized from learning to the best of his ability. I think this school could improve if the classes were split back by grade level only and smaller classrooms again.

Posted December 05, 2013
I read a previous review about how great the science was in this school. how is that possible???? there is little science going on here. the review mentioned microscopes in the 2nd grade classroom. there is nothing of the sort. there are very few supplies of any kind & the kids are not well behaved. I would never send a child here. I am a scientist & this is not science education. I will send my child & my tax money elsewhere.

Arizona Academy Of Science And Technology 5

Posted March 28, 2012
Arizona Science Academy has made it easier for my child to learn with mulitiple techniques! My child has gained a loy of confidence in her learning. It makes sense to her now. Thank you for everything you've done for us.

Arizona Academy Of Science And Technology 5

Posted February 27, 2012
I already commented below, but I also want to make a quick comment on the science program. My husband and I are working scientists and inventors and have multiple science degrees. We think the science prep here is top notch. Referring to 12/7 review, just because a class is full of computers and science text books, means nothing in regards to a science program. This school has a working organic garden, a kinder with fish, hamsters, and hermit crabs, a second grade with very good microscopes, a math teacher that uses real world examples and mixed media to immerse the kids in math in many new ways, etc. Science is woven into every grade in a very hands on way - the way it should be learned, especially in K - 8 when kids are very concrete learners. 12/7 reviewer, are you a scientist? I doubt it. If you were, you would be more concerned about hands on inquiry based experience than some outdated textbook approach. Silicon Valley execs are proponents of actually keeping computers OUT of the classroom and love Montesorri/ Waldorf style ed so children can learn to really think critically and build. 1/17 reviewer - I think the Kinder science prep is great and the library is a block away.

Posted January 17, 2012
"we are known for our SCIENCE PROGRAM"........hmm, there is NO Science Program. School is always short staffed and parents are the volunteer tutors. There was also a big fundraising for a New Playground and the students worked really hard to come up with funds and they were told there was not enough money to buy the playground. Instead they remodeled the whole front office with NEW Equipment, platnum tv etc. Curriculum is under average with an overwhelmed/unorganized teacher with only 12 students. Website for the school is outdated since 2yrs ago. No Library for the entire student body, old books are donated by parents.

Posted January 04, 2012
I am fairly satisfied with the teaching staff's ability to instruct (some more than others), but the "new" administration is SEVERELY lacking! I am not so worried about the Principal or the lack of text books used in the classroom, as I have other children in charter schools and they have the same routine, but the quality of education is FAR superior! Mr. Flannigan is doing the best he can with what the nearly non-existent Board and Administration gives him to work with, (we don't even know their qualifications/backgrounds)..I find it interesting that the school for Science and Technology doesn't even have a "good" website. We have been hearing about the "new website" coming since mid- summer, but even I know that it takes a matter of days to put together a cohesive website, not months or semesters! The emphasis in science and technology is missing altogether as can be seen from their lack luster Science Night and barely there "Computer lab". I was drawn to this school because of the small size (both school and classroom), but overall I would tend to agree with the Dec 7th review! Sad fact, but true! I had such high hopes and now I'm searching for a new school, AGAIN!

Posted December 07, 2011
This school is horrible, unprofessional staff, not up to date, no textbooks used in the classroom - worksheets only. The name leaves you to believe there is an emphasis on science but it is not, no computers or computer labs and barely enough staff, would not recommend. The comments left below mine are being left by staff members, please look elsewhere for your child's sake. The "2" score is correct and their state level score is also well below the average also.

Arizona Academy Of Science And Technology
1875 North Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85004
Last modified Arizona Academy Of Science And Technology is a Charter school that serves grades K-8
Arizona Academy Of Science And Technology Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top