Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - South Mountain

Charter | 9-12 | 362 students

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $92,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Sweep tile

Posted June 19, 2012

My experience at the south mountain campus was an amazing aportunity for growth. I acomplished a lot in the two and a half years i was there, AAEC provides the opportunities and one as a student is responsible for how far they want to go from there. What i loved most was the staffs commitment to see us succeed. AAEC high school prepares student with life long skills.

Posted June 8, 2011

AAEC-South Mountain has helped me succeed as a student. This school gives students the unique opportunity to take college and high school classes, and the teachers and staff are very supportive. Being able to take college classes helped me learn how to work and behave appropriately in a college environment. After graduating from AAEC with a high school with an associate degree, I am confident about going to a university. The teachers and staff were there every step of the way. Because this was a small high school, I got the attention I needed in class to do well on assignments. AAEC-South Mountain is a caring community of students, teachers, and staff.

Posted June 7, 2011

AAEC South Mountain has been a wonderful opportunity for my daughter to complete two years of her college education while in high school. The education and life skills provided by AAEC have helped my child to become engaged in her education and seek out service opportunities in the community. AAEC has done a fine job of creating a safe campus community and a positive learning environment.

Posted May 18, 2010

There are many factors that can cause trouble when you have a teenager. School and peer influence are two major factors among them. However, I am lucky that my daughter goes to AAEC-SMCC. The school is great with regards to its teachers and courses. The teachers caring attitude helps my daughter to maintain her interest and good grades in school. In addition, the school s safe environment and conscientious students affect each others productivity.

Posted May 11, 2010

This school has given me great opportunities in advancing my educational skills and has helped me achieve two Associate's degrees.

Posted May 11, 2010

this school gave me great opportunities that i couln't find anywere else ! the staff and the students are all very friendly im glad i came here.

Posted May 11, 2010

AAEC is a great school to get ahead in our learning , they also provide college classes for us the students so me being a student i really enjoyed being here these past four years.

Posted May 10, 2010

Ms. Mashatt and Ms. Ness Rock!! I love the school and cannot wait for next year!! I am so excited to be here, and i am excited to take college classes next year.

Posted May 7, 2010

AAec is a great school for students who want to have a great edducation. the school gives the students the choice to take college classes in south mountain community college. they can even earn their AA degree by the time they graduate from highschool.

Posted May 4, 2010

I love the school !! it has wonderful oppertunities,and i have had many of them. The teachers are great and so are the students,we may be a very diverse school but we all get along and love each other. There is not a word i can think of to decribe the school as to how awesome it is ! Especially the principle,Mrs.Mashatt she's like a mom to each and every one of the seniors she calls us her kids and her seniors.

Posted May 4, 2010

I am a student that has been going here for three and a half years and I've been to three different schools. This school is by far the best. The other schools around this place pale in comparisson to A.A.E.C.. It has, in my opinion, the best staff any student could hope for. They push you becasue they actually care about the students, unlike the schools that only say they care about the students that go there. I have only good things to say about this school and the staff working here.

Posted May 4, 2010

I am the parent of a Student who learns differently. My son has just completed his Sophomore year at AAEC - I have to tell you that he is thriving in this environment. IEP's are honored, but more importantly they are incorporated into the teaching for ALL students, ie, the teachers meet the students needs, then challenge them beyond... My son will meet his goals of University because of these dedicated teachers & staff empowering him to do so! Do not hesitate to come visit the school. It a gem, tucked away in an area of Phoenix that for many is discounted as unlikely. Not so....great things are happening here.

Posted April 27, 2010

I transferred to AAEC South Mountain my junior year, so i have a different view of it than others. This school teaches you responsibility and how to take control of your own education. It teaches you independence, and how to succeed in college. By allowing its students to take college classes and possibly even earn their Associates Degrees by their Senior Year. This school is the perfect place for anyone who wishes to go to college in the future.

Posted April 27, 2010

I've been attending AAEC since my freshman year. Today i am a senior in AAEC, all i have to say is that attending this school has given me much of what is necessary to go out into the world. Not only has it taught me perseverence, but that there are many opportunities out there. I think that over all the school allows for the students to grow in maturity and education. This school is a great place to meet people, succeed in school, and have a headstart in our future.

Posted April 27, 2010

My daughter has been at AAEC SM for four years. She will be graduating this year with not only her high schoool diploma but also her associate of Arts degree from South Mountain Community College. AAEC has prepared her to be successful during her last two years at ASU. The teachers really care about each and every student. Students have every opportunity to be successful. I would recommend AAEC to students who want to be challenged and get a head start on college.

Posted April 7, 2010

My daughter will be a junior next year and she just found out that some of her teachers will be leaving. She is complaining about the amount of turn overs in teachers. Should I be concerned? As a parent I wonder about the stability of the school keeping teachers. -Sincerely a concerned parent

Posted November 12, 2009

Being a student, I'm sure i can give an inside-view of the school. The teachers are very well-educated for the most part. The college classes are very helpful and will help us to graduate with an associates degree. The only thing I'm not very fond of is the over-abundance of homework. - A sophomore

Posted December 4, 2008

I've been attending AAEC-SM since my freshmen year.. I think it has been the smartest decision that I have ever made. I've gone a way with learning so much and gained college experience. I'm in my last year here and I'm leaving with two AA degrees and plan to transfer in Cal State.

Posted June 19, 2008

I've been attending AAEC at Red Mountain since my sophomore year. I am returning as a senior this upcoming year. I can't explain how awesome this experience has been. Honestly, I think it's a great thing to actually be able to attend college while still in high school. I think anyone who attends this school will witness the blessing and understand how much this school truly offers.

Posted May 21, 2007

I have two children that attended AAEC-SMCC campus. Our older daughter will Graduate ASU Barretts Honors College at age 20 with a 4.0 on full scholership. She intends to apply for law school in October. Our younger daughter is a Junior at AAEC maintaining a 3.8 GPA. She will graduate high school with 60+ college credits. Both of my daughters benefited so much by having the college experience being so much a part of their high school experience. The staff gave them the confidence to steer through the scholership application process and a real leg up on how to choose the best coarse curriculum to achieve their college goals. The staff encouraged the highest level of college goal setting in way that gives the students great self confidence.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• Honors track
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Sports

Arts & music

Visual arts
  • Photography

School culture

• Partnerships with: *arizona state university *south mountain community college *many industry leaders *community provides access to biotechnolgy & veterinary labs