Posted December 12, 2014
As 2014 AAEC graduate, I cannot believe how fast this semester has gone by, there s just one week until finals here at U of A. All is well and I am happy to say that it has been a successful first semester. Thanks to the great preparation at AAEC and South Mountain Community College I have maintain my high GPA and studied alongside my fellow Juniors in rigorous science classes like Biology of Cancer. It has been a lot of fun, and I have learned so much, I am excited to see where these next few years will take me! I also got a great new job at the UA Medical school, working alongside Doctors and Admission.

Posted October 09, 2014
AAEC graduated four of my children who each completed their Associate Degrees at SMCC a few days before graduating from High School. All 4 of them have gone on to Higher learning at Universities with 3 graduating with their Bachelors degree so far. AAEC did an exceptional job of preparing each of them for higher learning and success. While other high schools may attract students with sports and cheer leading programs which don't prepare them for success in life after high school, AAEC offers them an affordable path to higher education which in the end is of far greater value than any sport. As a homeschooling mother of my children with a Master's degree in Education, I care about who is teaching my children when they make the transition from home to public school. I have found nothing but the best of care from teachers and staff at AAEC for each of my children. I continue to be amazed at the devotion that the staff and teacher's have to the success of each of my children. Teachers are there early and stay late, they collaborate as a team and share a wonderful camaraderie. As a Parent Action Team participant, I have grown to love AAEC even more and know our family chose well.

Posted June 29, 2014
I am glad my daughter went to AAEC for High school she graduated with an associates degree and had a very good high school experience, with smaller classes and a campus were people actually knew her, there was companionship and camaraderie, very nice kids indeed and most of them care about their future and careers, no sports, you trade the sports for college credits instead so it's a good idea to supplement the high-school with extracurricular activities, and make sure they are active. Also a very diverse school which will help her get along with everyone in the future. She want's to become a veterinarian and this was a great head-start to her career!

Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - South Mountain 4

Posted June 27, 2014
AAEC-SM has given me piece of mind when it comes to my students education. The cirriculum is very strict and i love the fact that students are offered the opportunity to take college classes. My student had entered into her freshman year coming from an under achieving junior high school and had some struggles her first high school year. With the help of the teachers she got on track and was able to get where she needed to be for her grade level. I am very pleased with the way the principle and office staff interacts and gets involved with the students.

Posted June 24, 2014
I have been nothing but impressed with this school since day one. To start off with, I cannot say enough good about the principal and staff. They really care about and relate to the students. I have appreciated the IEP's with which both principal and teachers are on board. They really know how to push the kids to do their best and I've seen that with my own daughter. I love the small campus and the ability to take and earn college credits. The independence and confidence this school has helped to instill in my daughter is priceless.

Posted June 24, 2014
I have a child that just graduated from AAEC-SM and 1 that will be a Sophomore for the 2014-15 school year. I am very happy with the education that they receive(d). Living in a school district area where the public high school education is not as great as it should be, it was refreshing to know there was another option! My children came from a private elementary school and easily made the transition to high school. The teachers and staff work hard with parents to create a learning environment for each individual. Students are challenged with both College and High School courses. The kids that succeed are the ones willing to work hard for their grades, those who choose not to apply themselves are given several opportunities for improvement ... but not a free pass to the next grade as you hear about other schools. My child was accepted to ASU as a Sophomore College Student and received grants/scholarships to pay for almost all of her continuing education. The only issue is parent involvement, but it really is the parents that drop the ball and not the staff because they reach out at every opportunity and are very available in person, online and by phone.

Posted June 24, 2014
A true jewel in central Phoenix. This school is amazing. They have an equestrian program, a vet science program, and many student clubs, notably FFA for agriculture interested students. It has a small-school feel - the administrators know the students and truly care about their success. The most amazing part is the FREE tuition to earn college credits at South Mountain Community College. My student will graduate high school with her Associate's degree from SMCC! Most importantly the teachers and administrators care about helping students succeed, and they are realistic about the kids' school / life / work balance. If students are motivated and willing to work hard, there is no limit to what they can accomplish at AAEC South Mountain.

Posted June 19, 2012
My experience at the south mountain campus was an amazing aportunity for growth. I acomplished a lot in the two and a half years i was there, AAEC provides the opportunities and one as a student is responsible for how far they want to go from there. What i loved most was the staffs commitment to see us succeed. AAEC high school prepares student with life long skills.

Posted June 08, 2011
AAEC-South Mountain has helped me succeed as a student. This school gives students the unique opportunity to take college and high school classes, and the teachers and staff are very supportive. Being able to take college classes helped me learn how to work and behave appropriately in a college environment. After graduating from AAEC with a high school with an associate degree, I am confident about going to a university. The teachers and staff were there every step of the way. Because this was a small high school, I got the attention I needed in class to do well on assignments. AAEC-South Mountain is a caring community of students, teachers, and staff.

Posted June 07, 2011
AAEC South Mountain has been a wonderful opportunity for my daughter to complete two years of her college education while in high school. The education and life skills provided by AAEC have helped my child to become engaged in her education and seek out service opportunities in the community. AAEC has done a fine job of creating a safe campus community and a positive learning environment.

Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - South Mountain
2002 E. Baseline Rd, Phoenix, AZ  85042
Last modified Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - South Mountain is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - South Mountain Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top