Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - Paradise Valley

Charter | 9-12 | 350 students

Living in Phoenix

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $196,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted June 13, 2011

I can not say enough good things about this school. The teachers and staff are not only qualified, they are also caring. Who could ask for more. We moved to Arizona to give my children the opportunity for an excellent education. Not a statement many would say about AZ, but AAEC has exceeded my expectations. Not only are both my sons being challenged academically, they are both very happy and love the teachers and staff as well. Thank you AAEC for caring and striving to be the best!

Posted March 10, 2011

I go to this school and I like it a lot only down side there is on sports but running which is not the most fun of the sports ..
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 17, 2010

The special ed dept has taught my daughter the skills needed to intergrate high school with college. The teachers are very involved.Thank you AAEC for all you do.

Posted May 26, 2010

My son has excelled in this school and we are very fortunate to have found it. Mr. Gray and all of his staff are wonderful, caring people who have encouraged excellence while bolstering self-esteem. I can't thank AAEC enough. Schools like this are few and far between.

Posted May 12, 2010

I couldnt agree more ! I love this school it was the best choice for my daughter Mrs. Anema is awsome with her and the other teachers well there amazing!!! and Mr gray and his ladies Ms Blake and Ms Brady are so on top of things I couldnt ask for a better high school AAEC has welcomed her with open arms Thanks is not enough

Posted May 10, 2010

This school is amazing!! I especially have been impressed with the attention to students success. The teachers genuinely care if the students are successful. Mr. Gray is helpful and always available, even when your son, like mine, has problems. Thanks AAEC!!

Posted September 7, 2009

As parents, we want what is best for our children's education. Large public High Schools were unable to provide the learning environment our children were looking for, so we turned to AAEC Paradise Valley campus for a solution. Now with two teens graduated from the program it was without doubt, the best choice available. Small class sizes, supportive administration and engaged teachers provided the perfect learning experience. The campus is safe and the transferable college credits are a great extra benefit for those going to college. If you are looking for a public High School alternative, AAEC Paradise Valley is an excellent choice. Thank you AAEC, 5 Stars for your efforts.

Posted September 1, 2009

Oustanding My Daughter attended AAEC all four Years. The Principal, Mr. Gray is a strong leader and was very involved on a day to day basis with the students. In addition, He and the Staff were very helpful in preparing my Daughter for College. The Teachers were motivated and really cared about the students development. AAEC is a smaller School which was a real bonus. This is a special school for students looking for this type of unique educational experience. Thank you AAEC.

Posted July 23, 2009

I have found the teachers and staff to be so helpful in guiding my son. He has struggled with his ambition and motivation and they refuse to give up on him and continue to work with our family in an effort to bring my son to his full potential.

Posted July 7, 2009

So far I have 19 college credits and I am currently working towards my Associates Degree. I enjoy that all the staff are friendly and willing to help out the students and assist in any and everyway possible. The faculty are just as amazing with their ability to provide a unique learning environment. Each teacher has their own personality and often this is reflected in their outstanding teaching styles and their classrooms. Thank you AAEC for providing me with all that I need to start on my path of success!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 2, 2009

I have high praise for the quality of the education at AAEC Paradise Valley. My son has attended this school for the last 2 years and has already earned 16 credits toward his Associates Degree at Paradise Valley Community College. The teachers are supportive and knowlegeable, and the principal, Mr. Gray, is always watchful of the students. It is very obvious that Mr. Gray has the best interests of the students at heart. The children are allowed a certain amount of freedom because they attend college classes. However, they also must check-in for classes in the morning and check-out in the afternoon. They are required to attend at least 4 hours of classes on the high school campus, and college classes are then selected to fit around the high school schedule. I would recommend this school to any parent. It has been an exceptional experience for my son.

Posted July 1, 2009

We had such high hopes for this school and were terribly disappointed. School staff promised that even though there was a lot of freedom, the kids would be supervised and communication to parents would be constant. They let us down on both parts. Freshmen left campus constantly, attendance was not verified, parents were not notified when kids were missing. Teachers were changed several times during the year for different classes and grades were not kept up to date on the website. Not only were we disappointed, our child is now behind in AZ requirements due to the different standards for this school. I am sure this program can work for some students, but not for all.

Posted October 14, 2008

This school has made a dramatic change in my daughter's life. She is taking college classes that are going towards her degree, which is exceptional. She will graduate from high school with an Associates degree in buisiness. Deciding to attend this school has been one of the best decisions I have made in her education.

Posted May 28, 2008

My son has attended this school for 2 years and we are all happy with our decision to have him attend. The teachers and staff are caring, intelligent people that truly care about him, his grades and his mental well being. There is extra curricular activities but remember what AAEC stands for, its not a sports (b-ball, football, etc.) oriented school.

Posted April 24, 2008

i highly disliked this school. it was unorganized and not well rounded. i regret my decision to go there.

Posted January 14, 2008

We have continuously been disappointed with this school! They do not have very many extra-curricular activities, and many of the teachers do not have enough knowledge on the subjects they are teaching. Also, if you are not into the agricultural scene, then this school traps you. i would not recommend this school!

Posted September 26, 2007

Both of AAEC's principals were and are wonderful, and encouraging to students and parents alike. All of teachers want students to succeed. There are so many teachers on the staff who go out of their way to help the students. It is encouraged by the principals. Both of my daughters attended AAEC, and both graduated with honors from Paradise Valley Community College. I wish the opportunity to acquire college credits had been available to me when I was a teenager. I am very grateful to AAEC's founder, principals, and all who made it possible for my children to excel, and be challenged in such an encouraging environment. I hope this school will continue to be available to all students entering or in high school. I highly recommend it to all parents who want their children to succeed, and get off to a great educational start!

Posted June 22, 2007

AAEC offers the student with direction the means to achieve their goals quicker and easier. Quicker, because if applied correctly, students can graduate with their AS degree, and easier because everywhere you turn at AAEC there is someone to help with whatever the need may be. I'm one of those parents who feels the school is not an alternative school for the student who can't make it in a public high school, but it's a wonderful foundation for the student making the effort. The teachers really care and are very well qualified. The BioScience program can't be compared to any other high school! AAEC and it's staff are the best!

Posted December 11, 2005

This school is Awesome! The staff are kid and parent friendly. The academics are geared for the success of the students. The access to the college is wonderful, the kids are able to participate in anything they could want. Thanks to Mr. Gray and his staff.

Posted September 2, 2005

We love AAEC and I too have recommended the school to friends. Principal Gray is an honest man and devoted principal, watching out for all of our cildren. The teachers demonstrate their dedication to our childrens success on a daily basis. Unfortunately there is little availability for arts, sports and other extracurricular activities. However, there is horsemanship, FFA and student governement for our children to get involved in. Parents are encouraged, but not pressured, to be involved in every ascpect. I'm so happy I found AAEC for my children. Milu Simpson

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

63 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

66 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

66 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 20%N/A47%
Female 65%N/A49%
Male 35%N/A51%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Cave Creek USD
Paradise Valley USD
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• 4:30 pm
  • Dr. Martha Braly
Fax number
  • (602) 569-6372

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Business

• Orchestra
Performing arts
  • Drama

School culture

• School activity parent participation. parent participation on committees and governing board. field day participation. ffa events sponsorship and participation.