Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I would rate our experience at this school as horrible since the day Mrs. Madsen became Principal. The school has indured many negative changes and much racism since she took office. Two math teachers, 1 assistant principal, 1 receptionist, and 1 registrar have left the school since Mrs. Madsen became Principal in September 2016. Students grades have dropped and class schedules change often due to teachers quitting or being fired.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Teachers and staff at AAEC-PV do not teach the students to respect and accept others. They do not intervene when racist comments are made or when they hear students making fun of other students.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The leadership at this school is the worst. The school has declined dramatically since Mrs. Madsen became Principal, because she is unfair to students of color and very vindictive.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The teachers and staff go out of their way to cover for the students that bully students of color, so much to the extent of lying for the students that bully.

We moved to AZ from TX and I enrolled my two daughters in AAEC-Paradise Valley and asked many questions in the two months leading up to school start. No one ever contacted me to get their schedules straight, determine their credits. I kept asking for an appointment and the front desk "made" the appointments but when I showed up they weren't available. I was never told what credits mapped to from their old schools. Also, I was told my Junior just had to take one class at the high school and could take the rest at the community college. The first day of school (when she found out she had freshman classes), I discovered that she couldn't do that until her senior year. That was a big reason for us even choosing AAEC in the first place. We withdrew that same day. Too many failures. When we talked to the principal, she was no help and didn't even seem concerned at all the trouble we had been through.

As a current senior at this Paradise Valley campus, I am saddened to realize this will be my last year attending this great high school. I have attended since my freshman year, and have made many wonderful memories, friends, and teacher connections. I, fortunately, am one of the last students to remember this school's former campus that was located in PVCC's Q-Building. Due to delayed construction on the then, "future" (current) campus, my fellow students and I had to become acquainted with the Q-Building's cramped classrooms and narrow hallways. After a while, thankfully, the current campus was finally move-in ready! Of course, no school is "perfect," but this school is by far the best I've been to. I've been fortunate enough to see this school transform in so many aspects. Class sizes range from 15-25 students, the teachers are highly knowledgeable and passionate, and the administration strengthens itself as each year goes by. The teachers are highly qualified, some are authors, others with current/future doctoral degrees. My campus offers many exceptional programs, such as: Veterinary, Agricultural, and Equine sciences, as well as FFA and Horsemanship. Before I forget, this campus houses 10 horses! Two, being miniatures. On-campus student parking is a privilege, not a requirement, so you may expect to walk a little further from the back dirt parking lot, once the front spaces are filled up. AAEC-PV is partnered with PVCC, offering students a chance to earn (free) college credits while enrolled as a high school student. I would like to address a few comments I've seen below. 1) Dr. Braly, the current principal, is a very caring and passionate administrator who does manage the LARGEST of AAEC campuses; accommodating to district, state, teacher, and student requests. She is hard on students whom she knows could perform better if they'd put the effort in. Otherwise, you may have no problem(s) with her. 2) The current Agricultural teacher/FFA adviser was new to teaching at the time I was a freshman (2013). She has exceeded expectations with her curriculum and has transformed our FFA chapter with outstanding accomplishments, both state and nationwide. She, also, has a greenhouse in the works for future use. I would recommend this campus to anyone who'd ask me. I've spent the last 3+ years enrolled in various veterinary classes, loving each moment!

Amount of homework: Disagree

Depends on the amount of classes you're enrolled in, but AAEC-PV has a rigorous curriculum meant to excel student learning.

there are a lot of judgmental people here and there's not a lot of fun classes here. i would be fine if they had an art class that wasn't a collage class or music would have been good to.

I started my son here recently for his Freshmen year. I have been very happy with our experience thus far. The school has a nice small campus feel and the teachers and admin staff seem present and active. Thank you!

I was a student at this high school when it was a good school with Mr. Gray. he was a great principal, teacher, mentor. He liked the students and knew everyone by name. We also had a great Animal Science teacher before last year. I quit this school last year because the principal is horrible. She is mean to the students. We had a Great FFA club until our Ag Teacher quit and they hired someone who does not want to be there.

Last modified Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center - Paradise Valley is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.