Arrowhead Elementary School

Public | PK-6

Posted April 21, 2014

I currently have 5 students enrolled at Arrowhead Elementary - 2nd through 6th grade. We have been here for almost 5 years and have seen tremendous growth. The special needs program and the attention to our children's learning levels is above expectation. My children have opportunities for enrichment during school & after school at very minimal cost, which is wonderful with such a large family. In my lifetime, I have never experienced a school that actively seeks & appreciates so much parent involvement. The principal & teachers make special effort to recognize student achievement & student respect as well, during morning announcements & on classroom displays. They also make it clear that the mistreatment of others is not tolerated. Arrowhead is a great school!

Posted March 1, 2014

This school has been a fantastic for us. I enrolled my children in the middle of 2009 and I will tell you that it was very beneficial for both of them. They both have learned a lot. My oldest is now in 8th grade at the local middle school and doing so well. My youngest is in 6th grade and is special needs. After having him in one of the best school districts in town (2 different schools in that district) he has never excelled more than at Arrowhead. The special needs staff are amazing and his progression has been phenomenal! He has learned so much academically that he is top of his main stream classes which shows also how far he has come socially also as he started in the special needs classroom. The staff bent over backwards to help us challenge my son and help him grow but also to make sure that we as a family were taken care of. They have met all our needs and more and I feel confident that my special needs son and my daughter will excel in life due to the guidance and attention that we as a family received. The office staff are not always perfect but they try and you can tell when faced with much to do they do their best.

Posted February 8, 2011

they pay more attention to the staff then they do the students..the staff is rude to the students seems like they are forced to work there..they are so rude the lunch staff an the office are the worse..they never smile they always look grumby..this school is very boring..instead of giving students awards they are giving eachother awards..they don't do enough for the students..

Posted October 17, 2010

Principal and teachers strive to bring high quality academics to all students. Individualized learning through multi-media approach is a great strength.

Posted February 12, 2010

this school is very disfunctional. the teachers seem very rude and lazy! the lunch staff is the worse ever! next year my kids will be going to a much a better school. i don't recomend this school one bit!

Posted October 27, 2009

Once again this school has changed principals, also most of the teachers are great but most of the staff there are not, they always seem grumpy and just mean to the kids and also the parents. They do offer many after school programs for free or really cheap because it is a title 1 school. I am choosing to leave Arrowhead because of the staff members especially the new principal who started in 09-10 school year. It's sad that the staff members care so little about kids and their parents, when they should be showing us that education is their goal.

Posted September 3, 2007

I choose to take my children out of their neighborhood school and drive them to Arrowhead. The prinicipal and teachers are fantastic. The whole staff is very dedicated and hands on. My children both love their teachers, and I am impressed by the amount of technology.

Posted August 15, 2007

My students are in 4th and 6th grade, and I highly recommend Arrowhead Elementary. Ms. Silvestri is an extremely knowledgable and excellent principal, always available to both parent and students. The teachers are wonderful, and really seem to enjoy what they do. My children are very happy at Arrowhead!

Posted May 11, 2007

My grandchildren are in 5th and 6th grade. This is there first year here. Their teachers, Mrs Dittman and Miss Weber are just outstanding. To me they go above and beyond what I saw when my children were growing up. They really are great. Mrs. Silvestri, the principal, needs to be commended too. She is always there at all functions and really dedicated to her job. Great job to all of you!

Posted November 7, 2006

My son has been in this school for 3 yrs and I have had the best teacher support I could ask for and a nice back up system with the principal. Thank you for them! Cindy Zucco

Posted November 7, 2006

I really like the adult classes Arrowhead offers, such as Spanish and Computers. They often have parent meetings in the media center which I think is really good as well. It gives you a chance to find out what is going on at the school, and gives you a chance to find out what programs are offered. My daughter really enjoys the chess club once a week. I think it is nice that Arrowhead offers extracirrucular activities. I feel our principal really cares about the students and parents as well. The teachers my kids have this year are really great. They care how my childeren are doing academically. If there is a problem in the classroom, they find resolution. If they need extra help in any area, the teachers make sure they get it. The teachers and principal welcome parent involvement, which I really enjoy.

Posted September 18, 2006

I removed my kids from this school. It's a very disorganized school and the communication between school and parents is virtually nil. I do not recommend this school.

Posted August 19, 2005

my children have attended arrowhead from k to present currently they are in grades 4 and 2 the principal is in her 2nd year there and is good at her job our last principal was just awesome and her retirement shocked us all but mrs silvestri fell in nicely. the staff is good but the teachers are why we stayed after my divorce. my kids are actually interested in math! and good at it too. overall school test scores are great i highly recommend our school

Posted April 30, 2005

My kids have attended Arrowhead for the past 4 years, and I have to say the teachers work very hard to make learning enjoyable for the students.

Posted April 1, 2005

The teachers are terrific. The academics are good, but sometimes I felt my children were either too challenged or not challenged enough. Music, art, and P.E. are not available for the whole year; but should be. Parent involvement is encouraged, but low.

Posted July 7, 2004

I think that Arrowhead has great afterschool programs. The homework and math clubs helped my child improve his study habits and understanding of math considerably.

Posted May 12, 2004

I had a great time growing up at Arrowhead. I think that the teachers were very dedicated and hard working.

Posted April 24, 2004

A great school. Very respectful teachers.

Posted April 23, 2004

In the 6 years my daughter attended Arrowhead Elementary on 38th St, the teachers have been very helpful in communicating with me. They encourage parent & teacher communication. The teachers communicate with parents regarding the level of learning your child is at and how to improve. The Principal is very involved and seems to know all the childrens names. The school offers Honors Reading & Math to those students with special needs that can't be met in the regular Reading & Math classes. They challenge the children to develop in their learning abilities. Only one teacher, in the 6 years she attended Arrowhead Elementary, did my daughter & I have difficulty with. I highly recommend Arrowhead Elementary.

Posted May 28, 2003

The teachers at Arrowhead are great, but the school is poorly managed. Since the school has so many different programs happening, it lacks focus. Things are often done at the last minute. One side often doesn't know what the other side is doing.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

73 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

60 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

60 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 84%N/A47%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now