Phoenix, AZ

Posted May 04, 2015
Faculty and Staff are very caring and go above and beyond to help students. They genuinely care and try to identify and solve problems rather than treat symptoms, or worse yet just suspend/expel kids they don't want to deal with like some other schools in the area. Yes, test scores are low, but this is largely (from what I have seen) due to the large hurdles many of the kids face in life outside of school. In part this is economic, but there are a lot of dual language families in the area as well. Teachers seem to be willing to adjust to address the needs of each student, to not leave any behind or let others get bored, and encourage kids to push themselves and learn all they can while still not forgetting that these are kids, and letting them be that too.

Posted February 06, 2014
This is a wonderful school. It is Montessori based and teaches the children about independence, and learning to care for others and the environment around them. The Principal and Teachers are wonderful...very patient, communicative, and creative. My child has learned so much and loves attending school. I can't thank the school enough for the attention my child receives and their commitment to his education and social skills. I love the diversity and parent involvement.

Augustus H Shaw Jr School 1

Posted July 02, 2012
This school, is not good at all. I went there last year and for shure i am not prepare for high School. I'm studying and reading things that they didn't teach me.They give to much attention to the bad kids, and they sometimes treat you like if your a bad kid. They have this shark badge, it's verry dum. but oh will. I will never send the my kids to that school.

Posted December 01, 2011
This school is amazing I attended last year. And now i am in high school and I think that it really prepared me.

Posted June 14, 2011
Shaw is an amazing school, my children were welcomed and treated very well. The staff there is also great! I love Shaw I wish they went through high school as well! I wanted to mention we are non Latino/Hispanic we are Caucasian.

Augustus H Shaw Jr School 4

Posted March 30, 2011
I'm a former student ('99-'02) and when I went there, I had lots of fun and the teachers were fantastic.

Augustus H Shaw Jr School

Posted February 16, 2009
Very happy with the school, the teachers and the before/after school programs. My child has been a student for 3 years and I am constantly impressed with the care and educational opportunities provided! Keep up the great work!

Posted April 30, 2008
Excellent teacher Ms. Valverde in Montessori. Staff is personable and reliable.

Posted July 31, 2004
Shaw is a school with a strong educational leader, dedicated teachers and staff, and a strong focus on academics, behavior, and cooperation. A great school where your child will thrive.

Augustus H Shaw Jr School 4

Posted January 29, 2004
I think it is a really good school. A lot of people think it should become a K-8grade school.It has a lot of good activities in P.E, art, ALPS gifted program Etc. The teachers are great and everyone is nice.

Augustus H Shaw Jr School
123 North 13th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85034
Last modified Augustus H Shaw Jr School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Augustus H Shaw Jr School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top