Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The IB program is very impressive. Both of my children loved their classes and found the curriculum challenging but not ridiculously overwhelming. I definitely feel it did a good job preparing them for college level coursework.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I disagree because they can't have their own opinion or come to talk to a teacher for advice or for an alternative.

Not impressed at all. My daughter has 41 students in one of her classes and even the teacher said it's horrible. They say thier goal is to decrease D's and F's, but they have done NOTHING to show they care about grades. Impossible to get an appointment with councelor! Managebach (their way of tracking grades) is a joke, most teachers don't use it right and complain about it to the students about how stupid it is. Ugh! They do NOT push college to students, as a matter of fact they tell the student that they do not NEED certain classes to graduate high school, all the while, the student NEEDS those classes and credits to attend college!! So sad, for students!

My son started attending Barry Goldwater High School in 2014. We have been impressed with the leadership of the school, and the teachers we have met, involving the classes he is taking. The teachers are well qualified, motivating, and sincerely interested in developing each student! I have been impressed by the positive attitude of all I have come in contact with at the school from the first day my son and I toured. My son has expressed the classes are both educational and Fun! He has expressed the students treat there fellow classmates with respect, and he has developed many friendships since School started in August. I am confident he will get a quality education, and be part of a progressive High School that cares about each student, and will assist in developing each student to there fullest potential. He participated in a fall sport and will do the same in the spring. The coaches were Great and Positive throughout the seasons ups and downs! This School is certain to Excel going forward, with the Positive Leadership, Teachers, and Support Staff! The Sports Programs are secondary to the education, but should continue to Improve under current coaches!

Barry Goldwater High School is a great and sophisticated school, the standards at Barry are amazing. They give each student the care and dedication they need. All of my experiences with Barry have been better than any other High school. No other school beats Barry. My daughter has been expelling in classes ever since she started going to Barry.

I am a former student (graduated 2011) and i have to say this school is rather good. I attended there for 4 years and was pleased with it academically. I was one of the quiet kids that wasn't unpopular, but wasn't popular either. The teachers taught the material well enough that despite me sleeping most of my high school years (I was night owl, what can I say) I still knew the material quite well. I wasn't into arts or sports, and the only subjects I really cared for were computers and languages. So I only gave it 4 stars as the computer classes only focused on IT (microsoft office suite, and Adobe suit primarily) and the only languages available were French and Spanish. It is an excellent school though for students looking to excel academically. The AP classes, the IB program, and the A+ School of excellence award show that they place academics in high regard. The staff is friendly, and the principal is highly involved. Overall I enjoyed it as much as any teenager enjoys school. The students are generally very accepting as well. Very rarely saw any bullying. I would definitely suggest it to anyone looking for a school for their child.

I did not enjoy my years as a student at Barry Goldwater High School. The education system is ridiculous and the staffs are helpless unless you are those popular kids that are always talkative and in sports. When I took APUSH, all the teacher did was test us on existing test packets that you can find online, so students just memorized answers to pass that class. When I took AP Gov't, the teacher didn't even finish half of the remaining chapters and gave us an open book final exam. When I took AP English, the teacher did not teach any concepts relating to english composition and just chat with talkative students and made us read essays and write essays and grades in a bias manner. When I emailed my counselor about financial aid concerns for college she never replied. I did not know how to file the fafsa and search youtube videos on how to do it because the counselors didn't care. Barry Goldwater is a biased school that only favorites middle class outgoing talkative students. And most students only come to the this school to socialize, make friends, or such. This school also waster tons of money for pointless remodeling when it can use it to give scholarships or improve the staffs.

This school has a bad grading system and ridiculous standards that they grade by. Only about half of the teachers actually do their job. I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

barry goldwater staff is unprofessional and condescending. my overall experience with this school is poor at best.

We love BGHS! So happy to have 2 students there this year! We chose BGHS instead of our home school. If a student/parent shows initiative and asks for help, it's always available. The only thing that prevents me from giving them 5 stars is the grading system. They are now doing standards based grades and while it makes sense, there is very little consistency among teachers and the online gradebook doesn't always reflect what is actually the students status.

Last modified Barry Goldwater High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.