Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,874

Posted November 02, 2014
My son started attending Barry Goldwater High School in 2014. We have been impressed with the leadership of the school, and the teachers we have met, involving the classes he is taking. The teachers are well qualified, motivating, and sincerely interested in developing each student! I have been impressed by the positive attitude of all I have come in contact with at the school from the first day my son and I toured. My son has expressed the classes are both educational and Fun! He has expressed the students treat there fellow classmates with respect, and he has developed many friendships since School started in August. I am confident he will get a quality education, and be part of a progressive High School that cares about each student, and will assist in developing each student to there fullest potential. He participated in a fall sport and will do the same in the spring. The coaches were Great and Positive throughout the seasons ups and downs! This School is certain to Excel going forward, with the Positive Leadership, Teachers, and Support Staff! The Sports Programs are secondary to the education, but should continue to Improve under current coaches!

Posted July 28, 2014
Barry Goldwater High School is a great and sophisticated school, the standards at Barry are amazing. They give each student the care and dedication they need. All of my experiences with Barry have been better than any other High school. No other school beats Barry. My daughter has been expelling in classes ever since she started going to Barry.

Posted May 18, 2014
I am a former student (graduated 2011) and i have to say this school is rather good. I attended there for 4 years and was pleased with it academically. I was one of the quiet kids that wasn't unpopular, but wasn't popular either. The teachers taught the material well enough that despite me sleeping most of my high school years (I was night owl, what can I say) I still knew the material quite well. I wasn't into arts or sports, and the only subjects I really cared for were computers and languages. So I only gave it 4 stars as the computer classes only focused on IT (microsoft office suite, and Adobe suit primarily) and the only languages available were French and Spanish. It is an excellent school though for students looking to excel academically. The AP classes, the IB program, and the A+ School of excellence award show that they place academics in high regard. The staff is friendly, and the principal is highly involved. Overall I enjoyed it as much as any teenager enjoys school. The students are generally very accepting as well. Very rarely saw any bullying. I would definitely suggest it to anyone looking for a school for their child.

Barry Goldwater High School 1

Posted March 23, 2014
I did not enjoy my years as a student at Barry Goldwater High School. The education system is ridiculous and the staffs are helpless unless you are those popular kids that are always talkative and in sports. When I took APUSH, all the teacher did was test us on existing test packets that you can find online, so students just memorized answers to pass that class. When I took AP Gov't, the teacher didn't even finish half of the remaining chapters and gave us an open book final exam. When I took AP English, the teacher did not teach any concepts relating to english composition and just chat with talkative students and made us read essays and write essays and grades in a bias manner. When I emailed my counselor about financial aid concerns for college she never replied. I did not know how to file the fafsa and search youtube videos on how to do it because the counselors didn't care. Barry Goldwater is a biased school that only favorites middle class outgoing talkative students. And most students only come to the this school to socialize, make friends, or such. This school also waster tons of money for pointless remodeling when it can use it to give scholarships or improve the staffs.

Barry Goldwater High School 2

Posted December 02, 2013
This school has a bad grading system and ridiculous standards that they grade by. Only about half of the teachers actually do their job. I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

Barry Goldwater High School 2

Posted September 24, 2013
barry goldwater staff is unprofessional and condescending. my overall experience with this school is poor at best.

Posted August 02, 2013
We love BGHS! So happy to have 2 students there this year! We chose BGHS instead of our home school. If a student/parent shows initiative and asks for help, it's always available. The only thing that prevents me from giving them 5 stars is the grading system. They are now doing standards based grades and while it makes sense, there is very little consistency among teachers and the online gradebook doesn't always reflect what is actually the students status.

Posted August 07, 2012
AuH2O Go Bulldogs! ............... I am proud to say I went here because this school is a very great school and is excellent for your kid.

Posted October 17, 2011
The information stated in a review regarding a BGHS security monitor is completely untrue. Those types of allegations are reckless, irresponsbile and inappropriate. The Phoenix police investigation yielded absolutely no evidence to suggest anything but an unfortunate and terrible accident. As a community we want to focus our efforts and thoughts to a complete and speedy recovery. The school remains a safe and caring place for learning.

Posted August 16, 2011
I am a proud Bulldog parent with a senior and freshman sons in this school. I am very proud that the school has finally earned the A+ School of Excellence . The principal, teachers, counselors,staff members and students really worked hard in achieving this rating. I owe it to this school why my senior son is so focused and inspired to be successful. I am glad that they not only nurtured his intelligence, I acknowledge that they have helped him to be a good and responsible citizen as well through their various clubs, sports and activities, His teachers did not only focused in teaching their syllabus, they were also caring and inspiring . I look forward to another 4 years with BGHS.

Barry Goldwater High School
2820 W Rose Garden Lane, Phoenix, AZ  85027
Last modified Barry Goldwater High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barry Goldwater High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top