PK-6 & Ungraded|Public charter
420 students|Benchmark School Inc.

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (10 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (11 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (6 responses)

Posted July 19, 2016
Benchmark teaches not only academics but integrity. My children have seen immigrants become citizens at school and are proud of our country. I was told a story from a grandfather who attended VIM lunch with his granddaughter at the school. He had lost his wallet with a large amount of cash in it. He was notified that a student had turned it in. He counted every dollar, nothing was missing. He offered the child a reward and was so impressed with his honesty. That is an example of a Benchmark student.

Benchmark School 5

Posted July 19, 2016
Benchmark School provides an environment where any family will feel at home. There are 2 teachers in every class so no child falls behind. All of the teachers are top notch or they will not be allowed to continue to teach there. The principals truly care for each child as if it were their own and are always available to talk at a moments request. The front desk greets you with a smile and can help with any questions or point you in the right direction of someone who can. This school is very unique in that we feel like one large family. It is worth every moment you might stand in line to enroll your child. I have read the negative comments and can honestly say they are just not true. When my children continue on to another school after sixth grade I feel they will be ready to exceed any expectations their future school might have from a child entering at their grade level. I feel truly lucky that we are able to attend this school.

Benchmark School 5

Posted May 25, 2016
I wanted to take a moment as I wrap up my junior year of high school and thank Benchmark for the amazing academic foundation they provided. I left Benchmark two years advanced in math, reading and writing. I currently have a 4.6 GPA and know that my love of learning started the minute I walked through the Benchmark gates. I was a pretty shy girl but was quickly made a part of the Kindergarten community. At Benchmark I was taught confidence, self reliance, and self respect. I knew that I was safe at my second home each day. I met my best friend in the "Kindergarten Boat" and we are still best friends to this day, even though we are at different schools. Benchmark teaches students to be honest, kind, and hard working individuals. Thank you Benchmark for giving me the incredible start. Thank you to all the teachers and to Mrs. Darroch and Mrs. Challoner for having your vision and sharing it with so many lucky students.

Posted May 10, 2016
The kids are required to work out their differences with each other in a safe and healthy environment. Each student is treated with the utmost respect in all situations and given an opportunity to voice their opinions and their feelings on the issues at hand.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 08, 2016
The teachers at Benchmark are very dedicated and loving. I've never been at a school where I've seen more love and care for my kids. They are always there if I have a concern and are willing to do what it takes to get my child on track.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 08, 2016
The lower grades focus on math facts which is something the parents really have to do at home with their children. It's so important for their future success. Homework in the lower grades is perfectly balanced. Upper grades is homework is given based on groups and abilities.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 08, 2016
This school offers the four leveled groups in both reading and math. This allows all students to feel confident and thrive at their own level. They also have competitive math which is great for that extra challenge.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 08, 2016
Teachers work very hard at not just teaching, but developing respect with the students and their peers. That's also very important in a day. Sometimes more than the actual teaching of curriculum.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 08, 2016
I've never been to a school where the kids are so close and truly look out for one another. Teachers help students to realize when they hurt someone not only by words, but by facial expression and gestures.

Posted May 08, 2016
Absolutely! The Marvin Marshall program hold the students accountable for their actions. Many parents are ready to make excuses for their kids. Not here, the students take responsibility. Now that's building strong character.

4120 E. Acoma Dr., Phoenix, AZ  85032
Last modified Benchmark School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.