Phoenix, AZ
After care: No

Posted April 13, 2011
Bostrom was the last chance for me and several friends I made while there. While being known as "the last chance school"...my family and I were pleasantly surprised as I continued to do well....and finish high school earlier than expected! I graduated my junior year and was student body president my last year. The staff was amazing and dedicated to each student. I walked out once...on a class....while sobbing in the hallway....the teacher left the class came after me and talked me into staying. I passed the class with a B. This teacher's name was MRS. STAFFORD. I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU...AND WILL NEVER FORGET YOU! XOXOX Since then, I have recieved my Associate in Applied Science and am now attending ASU. I graduated with honors from high school...and college. Bostrom was my hope when there was no other. When I gave up on myself and the people I loved told me I could'nt do it, the staff there said I could...and I did. Thanks to all the teachers and staff there! "Me love you long time!.." -Jacinda Chapa

Posted August 26, 2009

Posted August 25, 2009
The teachers and staff at Bostrom deal with a very challenging population of kids. I have to say that the staff go above and beyond to work with students and parents. Every time I've had a question or concern, I had the opportunity to discuss it immediately with anyone from the teacher to the principal. Even if I don't agree with every decision, I respect the reasoning behind them and have found that staff are willing to listen to my concerns. My son's counselor has really gone out of his way to help my son get into an extra academic program and to arrange his schedule to make the best use of his time. No, the academics and extracurriculars aren't what they are at other schools, but if you have a challenging student, Bostrom is a great place to get him/her back on track.

Posted May 31, 2009

Posted April 14, 2009
my daughter just started going here from what I see so far Is this is a great chance for her to get back on the right track and get the education offered to her. The staff Is also very good with the students they are very aware of the students needs and things that that they must go through they are there to help the students succed

Posted September 25, 2008
Bostrom has a wonderful staff. They are the most caring of any of the schools my children have gone to. They not only help them succeed academic but help them grow socially as well.. I never regreted sending my daughter there.

Bostrom Alternative Center 4

Posted June 16, 2008
Kids who have for whatever reason not succeeded in the comprehensive PUHSD schools come to Bostrom and do succeed. It is safer and much more personalized than big schools. 2 periods a day, 6 week long semesters, and phone calls home for every absence and tardy.

Posted January 01, 2008
I went to this school. It did great things for me,i had dropped out several times. And i just plain refused to go to school. I live in Michigan now, and I am dealing with the same from my daughter ,there is no type of school like that here. I recieved alot of awards when I attended there for perfect attendance,and completing the most amount of classes in the least amount of time, and many more.It gave me an incentive to go. Thanks

Bostrom Alternative Center 4

Posted August 07, 2005
My child went to this school after doing poorly at another school. Once she transferred to Bostrom, she did great. She got mostly As on her report card. She got a couple Bs as well. There aren't many extracurricular activities due to this being a small school but the teachers seem to be involved with the students. They have a strict attendance policy which works with most students.

Bostrom Alternative Center
3535 N. 27th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85017
Last modified Bostrom Alternative Center is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bostrom Alternative Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top