Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Develops respect: Agree

Posted May 18, 2016
Students are taught to respect people and property. Part of the Make Your Day program is centered on this.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 18, 2016
They started the year with a Be Kind Crew assembly and have reinforced the concepts weekly throughout the year. Students are rewarded for showing kindness and caring to others.

Posted May 18, 2016
The principal is wonderful - she knows all the students' names and greets them every morning. The front office staff is warm and friendly as well as very helpful. My son not only loves his teacher but the rest of the teachers in his grade level. There is high value placed on the community and on the students' families - the PTO events are all centered around these. I'm thrilled with this school!

Posted May 16, 2016
The principal knows all the students, calls them by name. I was surprised when she greeted my 1st grader (at the time). She is very present within the school. On a second occasion, she was outside on a busy Friday, watching the kids, mine were trying to walk across to the street when they saw me drive up and she stopped them to make sure they didn't cross. Once she saw me, she made sure I crossed the street to get them. The same staff for the past 4 years, all very caring and ensuring the children are safe. In addition the principal stays in touch with the parents in regards to school happenings. My kids' teachers have been very proactive about keeping me informed of school work, activities, field trips. They keep in communication in regards to what the kids are learning for the week. They expect homework to be turned in and challenge the students accordingly. My daughter has had a great experience and now my son in Kindergarten has had the same great experience. We've had a few issues and they have all been handled respectfully, with kindness and I have been kept informed on progress, etc... My kids' learning experience has been very positive. They've been challenged and have scored well in testing.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 16, 2016
I'm grateful for Mrs. Mohlzon, the staff and the teachers. They all have shown me that they have my kids' best interest at heart. They conduct themselves very professionally and my children have been very happy at the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 16, 2016
There is consistency within the communication between parent and teachers. For the last 4 years my daughter has attended, with different teachers the communication continues.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 16, 2016
Some would say it is too much homework but I stress to my children its practice to ensure they understand what they are learning and reinforcing the lessons.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 16, 2016
They have implemented a KINDNESS program. Communicated the program to students and parents. The staff is very caring. I follow through with emphasizing kindness to my children.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 16, 2016
My experience stems from the feedback I've had with the teachers about my children. When there have been issues, these are the traits that have been stressed when rectifying situations.

Posted September 17, 2013
We purchased a home in this district and i couldnt have been happier since it was rated 9. My daughter is in kindergarten so we were very excited to have this as her school. After her being in the school for almost 2 months, i have to say we couldnt be happier! the teachers and staff are so great and after only a couple weeks they all personally knew and loved my daughter. They are friendly and so full of knowledge, im amazed at how much my daughter has learned in such a short time. She is also in Speech therapy and the speech therapist is wonderful!!. The principal is so hands on and really shows how much she cares for everyone of her students. The only thing we've had a problem with are the buses, they have had quite a few break down, but thats not just the school thats more PV district. A++++ from this happy momma!

22801 North 22nd St, Phoenix, AZ  85024
Last modified Boulder Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.