Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The principal is wonderful - she knows all the students' names and greets them every morning. The front office staff is warm and friendly as well as very helpful. My son not only loves his teacher but the rest of the teachers in his grade level. There is high value placed on the community and on the students' families - the PTO events are all centered around these. I'm thrilled with this school!

The principal knows all the students, calls them by name. I was surprised when she greeted my 1st grader (at the time). She is very present within the school. On a second occasion, she was outside on a busy Friday, watching the kids, mine were trying to walk across to the street when they saw me drive up and she stopped them to make sure they didn't cross. Once she saw me, she made sure I crossed the street to get them. The same staff for the past 4 years, all very caring and ensuring the children are safe. In addition the principal stays in touch with the parents in regards to school happenings. My kids' teachers have been very proactive about keeping me informed of school work, activities, field trips. They keep in communication in regards to what the kids are learning for the week. They expect homework to be turned in and challenge the students accordingly. My daughter has had a great experience and now my son in Kindergarten has had the same great experience. We've had a few issues and they have all been handled respectfully, with kindness and I have been kept informed on progress, etc... My kids' learning experience has been very positive. They've been challenged and have scored well in testing.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There is consistency within the communication between parent and teachers. For the last 4 years my daughter has attended, with different teachers the communication continues.

Amount of homework: Agree

Some would say it is too much homework but I stress to my children its practice to ensure they understand what they are learning and reinforcing the lessons.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My experience stems from the feedback I've had with the teachers about my children. When there have been issues, these are the traits that have been stressed when rectifying situations.

We purchased a home in this district and i couldnt have been happier since it was rated 9. My daughter is in kindergarten so we were very excited to have this as her school. After her being in the school for almost 2 months, i have to say we couldnt be happier! the teachers and staff are so great and after only a couple weeks they all personally knew and loved my daughter. They are friendly and so full of knowledge, im amazed at how much my daughter has learned in such a short time. She is also in Speech therapy and the speech therapist is wonderful!!. The principal is so hands on and really shows how much she cares for everyone of her students. The only thing we've had a problem with are the buses, they have had quite a few break down, but thats not just the school thats more PV district. A++++ from this happy momma!

We have been so happy at Boulder Creek Elementary school. The teachers have all been wonderful, the principal is amazing and always visible and involved. The front office staff has been great and the PTO provides fun activities throughout the year.

We moved into the Boulder Creek district specifically for the school. I have always read and heard great things about the school and teachers. I have heard a handful of complaints but only from those that tend to complain about everything. The parent involvement is great from just being able to come into the school or volunteering when needed. The teachers know their job and always keep the kids on track. We plan on staying in the neighborhood at least until the kids are out of elementary school.

My children have had to switch schools and one in 4th and the other in 6th . there is no diversity but a small percentage of bullying. i have seen inprove ment in there drive to learn more. so the best school i would sent my children there if i was sending my kids to a different school.

The April 28, 2011 review really hits the nail on the head. I have two children who are about to attend their fourth years at Boulder Creek. There has been one teacher that we adored, one other unmistakeably dedicated teacher (who has moved on to another school), two who have no business dealing with children's learning (yet STILL teach there). The rest have been less than memorable. The principal has lied to us through trying circumstances, and at other times been completely unprofessional in other ways. The staff can be rude, but are competent. The only reason this school is continually 'excelling' is because of parental involvement. After three years, my wife and I agree, given the level of parental involvement, this school most likely does more harm than good. When we moved to this district we viewed the parent-teacher relationship with respect and significance and attempted to coax the relationship from this perspective. Now, since we will not be moving before our boys move on from Boulder Creek, our approach toward teachers will be one of reluctance, of avoiding them until they seemingly inevitably bring their petty gripes to our attention with no hope of reverse listening.

Last modified Boulder Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.