Phoenix, AZ

Posted June 10, 2011
I have 4 kids that go to brooks academy. I think this is the worst school, some staff are careless of the students concerns. My son was being bullied and the teachers just wrote it off. The school is quick to suspend students over little issues, knowing the parent has to work. The school nurse always send the students home over small things, for example My son complained of stomach ache. The nurse said I have to pick him up because his stomach feels hard have digestive problems and can't return til seen a doctor. So I took him to the doctor who says my son was fine it may have been gas. I don't have time to get off of work for such nonsense.

Posted May 18, 2010
As a former student..I'm no 21 yrs old and attending college..this school was such a disappointment. I was moved to this school temporarly while a new school (Cloves C Campbell Sr Elementary School) was being built. They had two grades in one class which became a learning nightmare. The disciplinary at that school was outrageous. Those who where given detention for whatever reason would be put in the hands of a pathetic teacher ( I m not 100% sure he even was a teacher). He literally treated it like a boot camp. Harsh treatment was given to petty offenses. I m very fortunate to have moved far away from that school. I can now say Brooks Academy played no part in education.

Brooks Academy 5

Posted September 05, 2009

Brooks Academy 3

Posted December 14, 2007

Brooks Academy 2

Posted September 20, 2006
The programs are worth while,but in my opinion the teachers are being over worked,because they personally don't speak or understand Spanish and that alone takes away time a teacher could have used to teach Math/reading/and other important subjects. And as far as Parent Involvement at Brooks-it's a joke.

Posted May 24, 2006
I have 2 kids at Brooks Academy and they are not happy. From the top to the bottom it seems to be ran on the buddy system. We've only been at the school 5 months and we're now considering changing schools. And please note : we live less than half block from Roosevelt. It's as though no one is paying them any attention. They are running that school into the ground. Thank you

Brooks Academy