School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Proud to be the Arizona Dept. of Education 2014 Spotlight on Innovation Award winner. While this reflects the changes and innovation in our classrooms it is only part of the Cougar Nation Experience. Come see our dance academy, choir, rock band, step team or championship sports teams in action to really experience COUGAR NATION. Now in my 14th year at Greenfield I can say this is a GREAT PLACE to go to school. COUGAR PRIDE.
July 07, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

my son was constantly picked on and was eventually beaten up by two students after school

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

the principal doesn't send home letters or call to let the parents know anything that is going on at the school

Develops character: Strongly disagree

this school is less that family/community oriented this school never communicates with parents or lets them know whats going on

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

a teacher watched as my son was beat up by two other students and only went to the principal because my husband was there to pick our son up and saw the everything happening

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

my son tells me all the home work is online and they don't offer anything for kids that don't have internet at home.

My son attended this school for fifth and sixth grade. While there we had one instance where a gun was brought to school, and another where the older kids in the school were handing out candy to the younger kids that had drugs in them. NONE of this was addressed by the principal I had to find all this out from my son and go talk to the staff because they didn't even send a note home...then on his last day a teacher watched as two boys beat him up after school. this place is horrible please send your kids elsewhere!!!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted July 07, 2014

I Am A Student And Being At Greenfield Is Cool And A Great Way Of Learning New Stuff . Now That We Have A New Principal For The Last Two Years , He Has Made A Change And Difference At Greenfield . I Swear We Are Not A Bad School , We Study , Learn , Work Hard , And Try To Succeed Our Goals . And We Have Afterschool Programs That Will Keep Your Child Busy . We Have Many Goals At Our School And One Is To Succeed And Be #1 Top School In Our District . As We Are The COUGARS . Courage to do right ,Outstanding in our efforts , Understanding our mission , Goals set and succeeded . Aiming to be the best , Rewards follows effort , and Smarter works .

Its a great school with future leaders we just need more parent involvment and help with the District the doesnt help very much!

Greenfield is a great School but no one gives them a chance to see how great they are. The kids are great if only the parents and people around would think this but just because people say 'He came from Greenfield' doesnt mean we can't accomplish anything and alot of people say they are the kids of tomorrow but no we are the kids of today!

Last modified C O Greenfield School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.