K-6 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Posted June 27, 2013
We came from a different city. My son started 2nd grade at Cactus Wren. To my shock I was informed within the first month of school my son was reading at a low kindergarten level. His teacher at the time went out of her way to work with him. It was tough & we even had him enrolled in their after school academy. By the end of the school year he was reading at an intermediate 2nd grade level. His 2nd grade teacher is AMAZING. His 3rd grade teacher was not so "exceptional" but none the less still a good teacher...The staff is amazing & courteous...Office ladies are amazing & helpful...& I absolutely love how involved the principal is with students & parents...over all my son loved this school as did my husband & I...my son will be attending a new school next year but only because we have moved out of the district...

Posted January 27, 2013
I moved my child here from a "school of choice" because they refused to work with my son. At this school my son found structure and compassion and guidance. The principal is helpful and communicative and my child's kindergarden and 1st grade teacher (so far) are/were wonderful. I was always able to get in touch with them via email or by leaving messages and always received quick responses. I'm also thrilled with the Kidspace staff here.

Posted May 15, 2012
There is no communication from the school to parents when it comes to events or deadlines. My daughter attended her first year at school here and I am very dissatisfied with this school at its teacher quality. My child will NOT be attending this school next year.

Posted October 11, 2011
I used to go to this school for 6 years. I'm in high school now. I must say, this school is a joke. My brother is fourth grader here now. They told my brother he has A.D.H.D, the medicine didn't do anything. He was perfectly fine! The make my day system in horrible. It's pointless, just like their point system and steps. It doesn't help kids in life. The school is disorganized, the office people are rude, the principal doesn't even make an attempt to get to know you or your child, and most of the children don't speak english. Most of the teachers aren't fit for teaching, although, the teachers who teach the younger students like first graders, are good teachers. I didn't have a good experience from this school.

Posted November 04, 2010
School administration is quite incompetent and rude. As a foster parent i am quite dissatisfied with they way they conduct business, and handle problems with the children and other parents.

Posted December 06, 2009

Cactus Wren Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2009
I think this school is ok,it's got it's cuves.

Cactus Wren Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2009
I am concerned with the future of this school. Overall a negative environment. Some of the teachers need to retire already, since they clearly hate what they are doing. I will be transferring my son next year. The great teaching staff that they once had have mostly moved on or retired. There are still some teachers doing a great job just not the majority of them.

Posted January 16, 2009
This school is a joke. The make your day programs only purpose is to give children a negative outlook on their every day performance. My son was having issues focusing in class, it took me over a month to get a meeting with the teacher and principal. Once we sat down it was brought to my attention by the principal that my son was A.D.D. I almost lost my mind. My son has been tested now that he is at another school and guess what??? He is NOT A.D.D he is actually in an advanced class. His teacher at the new school recognized his loss of focus as nothing more complicated than 'being bored and under challanged'. I am so glad that we pulled our son out of this school....if we hadn't who knows how many medications he would be on to treat his 'A.D.D'. What a joke.

Cactus Wren Elementary School 3

Posted December 20, 2007
We have had a wonderful experience with the first three years of attendence at this school. Although, rececntly, I noticed some issues with the New Principal, and her ability to handle situations. I am concerned with the future of this school and how things will be handled with my children.

Cactus Wren Elementary School
9650 N 39th Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85051
Last modified Cactus Wren Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cactus Wren Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top