Campo Bello Elementary School

Public | K-6

Posted January 29, 2014

I feel this school doesn't really tend to the needs of the children. They say they're a bully free school but my daughter comes home everyday saying "Please don't make me go back to that INSTITUTE!" she says kids bully her but none of the teachers do anything about it! I went to her teacher conference and I saw this ridiculous poster saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will always hurt my heart" I was always taught my daughter to not care what mean people say. I wouldn't reccomend this school at all!

Posted January 28, 2014

I highly recommend Campo Bello! The teachers are caring and involved and take an honest interest in each child's education and advancement. The principal knows everyone's name and when you are here you can feel the energy in the atmosphere. My daughter is currently in sixth grade and has been at Campo Bello since Kindergarten. Each year her teachers have gone out of their way to provide her with extra work that challenged and encouraged her to strive for her best. In addition to her exceptional homeroom teachers, she has been involved in honors for the last 3 years. The honors program not only challenges her academically, it allows her to express herself in a non-typical classroom manner. My son is currently in first grade and began his journey in the structured autism class. Our goal was to transition him to regular education by third grade. With the help of the amazing team here, he has already transitioned to the regular ed room. Not only have the teachers and aides helped him reach this goal 2 years early, they have helped us with the speech, social skills and sensory issues. We wouldn't have been able to transition him this quickly without the wonderful team here.

Posted January 28, 2014

My grandchildren attend Campo Bello Elementary and I have seen them grow socially and academically. The school offers numerous before and after school programs from tutoring to gardening and the children seem so happy to be involved. When I ask them about their days they always tell me the fun they had in class that day. I'm so happy that my grand kids have such a wonderful school to attend.

Posted October 25, 2013

Campo Bello is an amazing school that strives to see all students succeed. This is a school where everyone works together for the best of the community, students, and staff. With a warm, friendly, and family oriented feel the teachers go above and beyond to work with all students, family members, and the community to make sure everyone feels welcome. Campo Bello has a great leader that inspires the teacher to be the best that they can be which in turns creates a great school.

Posted October 13, 2013

Campo Bello is an amazing school where the teachers go above and beyond to make sure that each child receives that they need in order to succeed. There is a community feel to the school and you can tell that teachers and students work together to achieve a common goal of learning for all students.

Posted October 8, 2013

Campo Bello is a school that has continuously beat the odds year after year. This small Title I school has extremely diverse students and group of teachers who do not seem to be phased by the challenges set before them. They demand that their students reach the high expectations set for them and they encourage them all along the way. The communication between parents and teachers is impressive. Many parents do not speak English, but it is not a factor in communicating about the needs of the students. The school has been recognized both locally and by the state as being one of the leading Title I schools in Arizona. I firmly believe the school's success started from a strong leader and with all the teachers working together with parents and students, it has become a top-notch school. I am very proud to be a parent at Campo.

Posted August 27, 2013

Campo Bello has a staff dedicated to teaching the whole child by looking at each student as an individual and each classroom as a family and the school as a community. Whatever a student needs, we are dedicated to meeting that need. Parents are included, welcomed and valued.

Posted August 25, 2013

Campo Bello has wonderful teachers, staff, and students. The school offers before and after school classes, STEM program, math, reading, and game nights, a volunteer-run store, and lots of enrichment activities. It has once again received an A rating from the Department of Education.

Posted August 4, 2013

I am not happy with Campo Bello Elementary school i have foster kids that they refused to register them into the school,,,I will contact the State regarding this school,,said that these kids have to suffer

Posted April 13, 2013

I am honored to work at a school with such a hard-working, dedicated staff. We work together to bring the best education to our students. We have amazing before and after school programs, and an incredible STEM program. There are numerous community partnerships that have been formed that benefit our students. Our school has been named a Title One Distinguished School, a Beat the Odds Gold Medal School, and our principal, Mrs. Moore, was a semi-finalist for Rodel Exemplary Principal. Her leadership inspired us to look at what is best for our students, and it shows! I am proud to say that I am a teacher at Campo Bello Elementary, and A Rated school for student achievement by the Arizona Department of Education.

Posted February 29, 2008

Overall ths is a good school. Find out who the excellent teachers are though because the good ones are great and the bad not who you want your child to be stuck with for the year. I think there are many more good than bad. Last year my child had a teacher that I can't say enough good about..just amazing, did not know they truly came like that. Her dad was teacher and maybe it was just genetic:> Tis year my child has a really terrible teacher. My older child had always had good teachers and even some greats!! You judt have to know who to request and who to do whatever you can to get out in the beginning. I wish a had changed her classroom if possible. Glad it is almost over, although I will glady come back next year. I will just request specific teachers this time.

Posted January 2, 2006

I think campo bello offers a good learning enviorment. alot of there teachers have been there fot 10+ years it is in a nice nieghborhood and they have resently added on new office space in the front of the school wich make more room for the nurse and office personal and my son realy likes there special progams p.e., music,and art.

Posted April 1, 2005

My daughter has been attending Campo Bello for three years. I am very impressed with the teachers and the help that the school provides. My daughter has received more help here than any other school district including private school.

Posted March 7, 2005

I love this school. The teachers are happy and seem to truly care about my kids. The school offers lots of academic options, i.e. Title One, Honors Classes. Music and art classes were cut for the last two years. My kids only get half year of art and half year of music. But choir is excellent. Homework clubs excellent. Level of parental involvement is fairly low, unfortunately.

Posted May 26, 2004

The teachers and support staff at Campo Bello really work hard to see that the students excel in their education.

Posted December 30, 2003

I am a former student of Campo Bello Elementary (unfortunately) and can honestly say that this school lacks essential components needed to make a good learning environment: concern for students, qualified teachers, and functional facilities. The administrators lean too much on standardized testing, not year-round curriculum; my sixth grade teacher had us sit around for an hour filling out various packets; and the facilities are so ancient I'm surprised it passes building codes.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 7, 2003

Last year we moved out of Arizona after putting two children through Campo Bello. The performance of the school dropped with each passing year. I felt like my children were pushed aside for those with special needs and also those who could not speak the language. Overall, the school system in Arizona is very poor and we are glad that our children no longer attend its schools.

Posted April 3, 2003

We pulled our daughter out of the school due to the lack of teacher concern and care. I feel the school is too worried about 'making the grade' on the AIMS and not concerned about the students themselves. We have several families on our block that have pulled their children out of this school. FYI: PV School District is an open school district and you can enroll your child in a different school - Copper Canyon is wonderful!!!!!!

Posted March 27, 2003

I have a 6th grader and a 1st grader at Campo Bello. They both love the school and have wonderful teachers. I have noticed a lot of parent involvement also, which is crucial.

Posted October 15, 2002

Too many students are subjected to ADD tests. Mine was, and I didn't see a problem, either did the test. He didn't even come close to having it. All the parents I talked to had to have their kid tested too!

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

62 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

62 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

61 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%