Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Don't care for the interim principle, it's black or white with him, no gray with him, doesn't do well with special needs children.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The achievement of the school has increases every year. My neighbors and their kids love the school.

The staff and kids are always very friendly. The kids are respectful and the campus looks immaculate. I've attended school functions and the principal is very friendly and welcoming. You can tell she and her staff are there for the kids! They do a great job!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This school is the best! The teachers really care about kids. The kids are good friends and bullying isn't allowed. Everyone is friendly and everyone smiles. The principal and assistant principal have fun with the kids. It's a great place!

The teachers and staff at this school care a lot about their students. They go above and beyond to make sure each student is educated. Not only do they worry about the education of each child, but they ensure that each student practices each pillar of character.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They have the best teachers there. Most have been there when my parents were there.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They teach character counts and it shows. I never see any graffiti or trash around our neighborhood. Great kids and great staff.

In the past 6 years, Catalina has made outstanding gains in achievement. As a "B" school, Catalina has surpassed many inner city schools and maintained a positive community. They treat everyone like family and continue to make strides in the community. I'll my children, grand children, great grand children... etc will go there.

The office workers are rude and unprofessional.At this time I cant say anything great to say about it.I guess ill see how this year plays out should be interesting.

As a former student at Catalina, I had no qualms sending my own children there, until recently. My son is 8 y/o, and rather big for his age. He has been bullied and is growing numb to the teachers and administrations staff BLATANT disregard for him and his safety. He is an A-B average student, has never even got a C, and for some reason he has been getting into fights on the playground almost every other day. My son knows not to fight unless provoked. Recently, Someone threw a football at his face and HE got 3 days detention for it, and the other child not one thing! Another instance, he was on the playground, and to my understanding had not done anything, to deserve this, but someones child, came up to him and punched him in the eye, and my son also got in trouble yet again for this instance, because he retaliated by not even doing anything physical, but verbal. This happened all within a month. I literally live across the street from this school, and am MAKING SURE my son gets his variance to attend a different, more uniform school in the future. I used to love this school, now I'am doing all I can to get my child away from it. Get yourselves together Catalina Staff.

Last modified Catalina Ventura School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.