PK-6 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Posted May 30, 2013
My daughters attended the 4 Year Old Enrichment program here, as well as Kindergarten. They loved it and I really like the school and staff. All the teachers seem to communicate well and we have had no issues. Parents are very involved which the school encourages.

Posted July 22, 2010
My daughter's teachers for the past two years have been very skilled educators. I feel she has gotten lucky to have such great teachers. The principal is great with the kids, but definitely lacks the social skills of the adult kind. The administrative staff is what irritates me. I understand there are certain procedures that you need to follow but must it always come off as being trite. I also don't feel that they are the nicest that they could possibly be even a quarter of the time. Other than that I would've given it 5 stars.

Posted August 20, 2009
The current principle, Dr. Schofield is absolutelty wonderful with the children. He is beyond words a great principle to my children; however, when it comes to adults he falters. He is at times great with parents, yet I have first hand witnessed on multiple occasions him being verbally abusive to his teachers, staff, and pta leaders! The eye opening events really put a sour taste in my mouth for him, and I am so let down that I had him up on this pedestool and he has shown some ugly true colors over the years. I will still rate this school high becauuse my children love it, and some of the teachers are fantastic! To name a few that rise above and beyond: Mrs Irusta, Mrs Huddleson, Mrs Singer, Mr Poggie, Mrs Gillespie, Mrs Plemons, and Mrs Witskey

Posted May 02, 2008

Posted February 19, 2008
I think this school is the best because it really teaches the kids a lot. They have great after school programs like Advance Skippers (jump rope), skippers (jump rope), and plays. woulwoulwohighly recomend this school

Posted June 02, 2007
My son just finished Kindergarden and my daughter just finished 3rd grade. This school was far above my daughter's last school. The teachers are attentive, work with the kids and the school actually communicates withthe parents. They make themselves available via e-mail and keep my kids invovled. They worked well with them on curriculum not just for testing, but beyond that. I was very pleased.

Chaparral Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2007
I think this school is the worst school possibly possible. The project potential program is practically the only good thing about this school. The teachers, students, everything, are terrible.

Posted May 03, 2007
Chaparral Elementary is a great school. The staff and teachers there are wonderful and have offered a great learning environment for my daughter. She has been there for 2 yrs. The only thing I was a little disappointed is that the classes were a little bit large for 1st an 2nd graders.

Posted March 02, 2007
I like chaparral, but they are very traditional. When I have visited my children's classrooms which are in lower grades, they spend almost all day in their seats doing individual work. I believe children learn better by working hands on and communicating with others.

Posted November 30, 2006
This is our first year @ Chaparral Elementary. I feel is has been such a blessing. My daughters are so happy and love to go to school. The staff really cares about every child. I wish we had more parents involved in the PTA. There is so much more that we could be doing for our students if more parents got involved.

Chaparral Elementary School
3808 W Joan De Arc, Phoenix, AZ  85029
Last modified Chaparral Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chaparral Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top